This will end well...WHO asks publics help in renaming Monkeypox.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does this mean we do not want to stigmatize monkeys?

Here is an article that could go in that Bumbly Jumble news service >

"Monkeys charge WHO with a class action lawsuit of defamation of monkeys' character, by naming a human problem after the poor monkeys!!"

Reactions: CDM Tucson
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a potentially offensive term
I understand. Thank you. But it does have a name which helps to make sure we know exactly which disease we are talking about.

It might work better than "Disease number 5", and then 5.2 and 5.3b.

So, then, how about giving us a name that works for you?

I'll try >

Well, if the name tells how someone got it, that might be awkward and embarrassing. Like if we use "STPox" . . . sexually transmitted pox . . . ones might not want this.

I think they have said it involves lesions which can be painful. So, you could more discretely say something like >

Painful Lesion Contact Pox > if it is painful and spread mainly via contact. This could be informative, right in the name, even maybe helping people to be cautious about their contact.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I understand. Thank you. But it does have a name which helps to make sure we know exactly which disease we are talking about.

I'll try >

Well, if the name tells how someone got it, that might be awkward and embarrassing. Like if we use "STPox" . . . sexually transmitted pox . . . ones might not want this.

I think they have said it involves lesions which can be painful. So, you could more discretely say something like >

Painful Lesion Contact Pox > if it is painful and spread mainly via contact. This could be informative, right in the name, even maybe helping people to be cautious about their contact.
Heres an example of why calling it monkeypox is unhelpful
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....s-stop-attacks-monkeys-monkeypox-world-health

Maybe pox-22 is the logical name?

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I'll try >

Unless theres a lot! more to this story, sex is not even necessary.
Dog catches monkeypox from owners in first suspected human-to-pet transmission, say researchers

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
probably a good point

Note how the offered name includes "contact", not sex or sexual contact.

So, why "Pox-22"? I get the pox part, but what about the number?
Date the name changed, just thinking of COVID-19. Though I have no idea whether the current monkeypox is a different variant to last year for example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Not helpful. Please leave your bigotry at the door.
Here at Christian Forums we can talk about the reality of the faith. A disease largely spread through homosexual sex - sodomy. Sodomy Warts. Please leave PC speech on FB and Twitter.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Here at Christian Forums we can talk about the reality of the faith. A disease largely spread through homosexual sex - sodomy. Sodomy Warts. Please leave PC speech on FB and Twitter.
And i repeat not helpful. As disease does not discriminate, as the history of HIV demonstrates. It is disease, neutral.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not sololy through homosexual sex, it is transfered though sex, period. Just like AIDS, don't assume it will stay homosexual only.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
  • Winner
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, link, though not a 4chan one.
The winner was: “hitler did nothing wrong” before they canceled the whole thing and that’s the only option I can post without running afoul of the vulgarity rules. Search For Dub the Dew.

Upvote 0