are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
while I wasn't here:
Yes it was. Did I say it was not? I thought that it being a command was the obvious part and not in contention. It was also a test for mankind to see if it would be obeyed under temptation. This is the same purpose as God’s Law (10 commandments). The 4th commandment (7th Day Sabbath) is also one of the 10 (Exodus 20:8-11). God also commands us to keep it as well as the other 10 through faith that works by love. It is also a test of loyalty to God and is a sign to his people that they worship and follow the only true God of creation.

It is a test and sign for Israel only. The ten commandments were not given to the world. To interchange “his people” with Israel or the word "you" is abuse of the Scripture and English. Using the phrase “his people” is sophistry for the purpose of deception.

What is going on here? Is the purpose of the ten commandments to see if we will keep God's law? Romans 4:15 says: Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. And Romans 5:13 says: For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. It should be clear that the purpose of the law was to legally punish sin. No transgression means no violation (sin) and without law there can be no punishment. My second quote says sin can not be charged (dealt with[punished]) without law. Since gentiles do not have the law, what will they be judged by?

Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

The above is in full agreement with Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There is only one way to get your name into the Book if Life. That way is Jesus John 10. It has nothing to do with the law.

Then it is said God commands us (meaning current day believers) to keep the sabbath. Where does the Scripture say this? It doesn't. If one looks at Exodus 19 and 20 God is only dealing with Israel. Even Ezekeil 20:12 says Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them. Exodus 31:13 says: Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. Verse 17 says: Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Where do any of those verses say anything about the sabbath being an obligation to anyone else, except Israel? If a person follows what is being said by the pro law contingency here, they will discover the misuse of the word “you” and replacement of “Israel” with “God's people” to twist the meaning to include gentiles (people outside of a natural born Israeli). God's Word (the Scripture) no where commands anyone but Israel to keep the ten commandments. The sabbath isn't a test of loyalty for the Christian. No where in the new covenant revelation is there any hint of such a requirement. The pro law contingency adds the word “ten” to the word commandments in the NT. The Disciple of Jesus, John doesn't mention obligation to the law (ten commandments) in any of his works. When it comes to salvation John no where mentions the law. John says “believe In Him” meaning Jesus in the well known John 3:16 passage and you won't perish. John 5:24 also says those who do won't be condemned. The law does though. John 3:18 says those who don't believe are condemned already.

In John 5:24 John quotes Jesus saying: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The law does though. John 3:18 says those who don't believe are condemned already.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

A person also needs to understand the Kingdom of God isn't a kingdom of the flesh, commonly understood as physical human being. Jesus said you must be born again. Our bodies will never be born again. What dies or died in the Garden? How long did Adam physically live after being kicked out of the Garden for sin? Is it the body or the soul that dies? What is death? Isn't it separation from God? This separation can only be breached by redemption (being born again). The law (ten commandments) can't change the soul (or will of man). Being born again can. The Christian is a new creation (man) not subject to the rebellious (sin) nature.
LoveGodsWord said: Sin had not entered the world Bob s replied: It most certainly had. Who do you think the snake was?

We have this response:

So are you saying that your interpretation of sin is that it is a snake? I have never heard of that interpretation of sin before Bob. Where is that written in God’s Word that sin is a snake? Sin is an act of disobedience to Gods Word and breaking his Law. It is not a reptile (see James 2:11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20).

Evidently Bob S thinks much faster than LoveGod'sWord does. Bob S agreed with LoveGodsWord and then asked Who the snake was? Of course the snake brought sin with him into the world. Adam nor Eve brought sin into the world. They did sell out to the enemy of our soul to that snake though.

God’s Word says;

Genesis 2:16-17

16,And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou may freely eat: 17, But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eat thereof thou shalt surely die.

There was no knowledge of good and evil before mankind sinned, because man was in harmony with God. There was only a command to obey God. Sin is transgression of God’s Law and separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2). I do not know of any scriptures or proof for any of your opinions above. If there is no scripture we ought to believe Gods Word, yes, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged (Romans 3:4).

This law wasn't the ten commandments that appeared only 430 years after Abraham and Moses said they weren't given to anyone before (Galatians 3 and Deuteronomy 5).
I have not twisted scripture. I provide scripture for what I believe. You have not provided any. Who should we believe? God or man? If there is no scripture we ought to believe Gods Word over the opinions of others (Romans 3:4).

Whosoever commits sin is a servant of sin. If the son shall make you free you shall be free indeed. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. We are sinners indeed but we have a Saviour for those that our Heavenly father have given ears to hear and eyes to see.

For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. These are the things that defile a man. Unless our righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees we shall in no wise enter into the Kingdom that he has prepared for those that follow and love him. Truly, truly I say unto you unless a man is born again he shall in no wise enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. He that says I know him and keeps not his commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him. He that commits sin is of the devil because he has neither seen him nor known him.

Nice quote. I wonder how a person can exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees by the same rules. The quote says if not, no entry. The quote also says if not born again, no entry. Evidently the Scribes and Pharisees weren't born again. I also wonder why anyone would post something that condemns themselves.

If not keeping the 4th commandment is sin then that is an admission of being from the devil by the poster. Since the poster does business and rides his beast (vehicle) and does business on the sabbath knowingly, surely they are willingly sinning and of the devil. The reason given is they (the poster) don't know Him. It makes no difference if it's God the Father or God the Son in this case.
All I can do without him is sin for I am a sinner. Who am I that he should love me? I love him because he loves me. Now I walk by faith in him that loves me and abide in him and he in me. His commands are his promises to me so I can follow him and walk in his ways. The victory that overcomes the world is only found in him and he is the Word that creates all things and works in those who believe. Those that do not believe are still in their sins and do not know him. Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfil the lusts of the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. Those that are still in their sins have neither seen him or know him and do not know the power of God.

Can you guess how many scriptures have been quoted above?

Bob the scripture you quote to support your point says…

Exodus 19:5-6
says
5, Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6, And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Those scriptures do not support anything you are talking about. In fact this scripture is repeated in the New Testament….

1 Peter 2:9

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

The only point made with Ezekiel 20:12 was that the Sabbath is a sign that it is God that saves his people which is what the scripture is saying. On the other hand you write into your post things that I have never said…

How you got all the above from me saying “the Sabbath is a sign that it is God that saves his people (Ezekiel 20:12)” is beyond me and is not what I have said at all.

The 4th Commandment the 7th Day Sabbath is indeed a sign to God’s People that they follow and worship the only true God of creation and it is the same God that saves his people from their sins. In times of ignorance God winks at but now commands all men everywhere to repent and seek him while he is near. Sin is the transgression of God’s Law if we wilfully break it and continue in unrepentant sin we do not know he who reads the heart and knows all.

Can you guess how many scriptures have been quoted above?
Again I've no idea why anyone would post something that condemns themselves.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
while I wasn't here:

What is going on here? Is the purpose of the ten commandments to see if we will keep God's law? Romans 4:15 says: Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. And Romans 5:13 says: For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Romans 7 says the purpose of the law is to identify what sin is -- so also does Romans 3:19-20 make the same point.

Then speaking of that same Romans 3 law -- Paul says "what then - do we make void the Law of God by our faith? God forbid! in fact we establish the LAW of God". Rom 3:31

New Covenant = "LAW written on the heart" Jeremiah 31:31-33

Romans 8:4-9 - the lost "do not submit to the LAW of God - neither indeed CAN they"

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Romans 7 says the purpose of the law is to identify what sin is -- so also does Romans 3:19-20 make the same point.

Then speaking of that same Romans 3 law -- Paul says "what then - do we make void the Law of God by our faith? God forbid! in fact we establish the LAW of God". Rom 3:31

New Covenant = "LAW written on the heart" Jeremiah 31:31-33

Romans 8:4-9 - the lost "do not submit to the LAW of God - neither indeed CAN they"
Who ever listed quoted said -

It is also a test of loyalty to God.
So I do not understand your response.

bugkiller

Upvote 0