Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are not disciplined--and everyone undergoes discipline--then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.

I can sin all I want without discipline how must I be saved??
I believe you are referring to this verse in Hebrews.
12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

God uses His Word to chasten, not things of this world.
When you sin, and you feel that conviction of the Spirit, that is His chastening.
Some people don't hear that voice, but that does not mean they are not being disciplined.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
If you are not disciplined--and everyone undergoes discipline--then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.

Sin has unavoidable unpleasant consequences. That's what makes it sin. Don't worry - you will be disciplined.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

What must I do to be saved?

1) Realize that you’re are a sinner. (Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:10)

2) Change your mind about Jesus (repent).
  • Jesus said: “…unless you repent (have a change of mind that results in a change of action), you will all perish and be lost eternally. (Luke 13:5)
  • …now God charges all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)

3) Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger (wrath) against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)

• For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

4) Go to God in prayer, confessing Jesus as Lord and your need for forgiveness of your sins. Give your life to Jesus, making Him the Lord of your life.
  • For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)

5) Trust God to do what He said He will do.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I hear the voice saying its wrong but its weak

I have never known the Holy Spirit to be a loud and in my face type of voice and impression. The subtle gentleness is telling you which way to walk, the choice is up to you.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 12:4-11 is clear what results come because of God disciplining His children. We "become partakers of His holiness" in His love's "peaceable fruit of righteousness". So, this is not talking about discipline which fails, but how our Heavenly Father succeeds with His children.

Upvote 0