This Topic Was Brought To My Attention By....

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
@Eight Foot Manchild

He stated, and I quote.....

'No one goes to heaven.'

Paraphrased thereafter, he made the brilliant point that no one sins in heaven. Hence, you are completely transformed anew, upon ascending into heaven. You are no longer you.

Which begs such starting question(s); maybe there might be more there-after, who knows...? :0

If sin is not applicable in heaven, because once you cross the threshold, you will no longer sin, why doesn't everyone go to heaven? All people will sin, right up until the point of 'transformation'.

And secondly, for now anyways, how does one enjoy heaven, knowing some of their close loved ones are on the opposite side for eternity?

And third, does freewill 'really' exist in the afterlife?

• Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You are no longer you.
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
— 2 Corinthians 5:17
Already happened.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Third, yes.

How does that work exactly? Can you please elaborate?

Second, as written.

What verse(s) quantify this scenario?

First, people must be born again or they will never even see heaven. Most people reject Jesus, so are never born again, and never see heaven.

Okay, but are you reborn with amnesia to your former human family, whom did not make it with you? Are you then born with the enability to 'sin'? Remember, this 'being born again' stuff happens (after) natural death. You can be a 'born again' on earth, but you will still posses 'sin.'

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You can be a 'born again' on earth, but you will still posses 'sin.'
I think it is written "sin dwells in me", in one of the Epistles, if that's what you mean.
this 'being born again' stuff happens (after) natural death.
No. A person must be born again BEFORE they die, or they are not saved and will never see heaven.
Perhaps this misunderstanding is why so many of your questions do not make 'sense' being repeated and answered and repeated again as if not understood - Jesus says clearly the answers, the truth, the spirituals, the reality, cannot be understood by the natural, fleshly , carnal mind/man/person.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I think it is written "sin dwells in me", in one of the Epistles, if that's what you mean.

You are not addressing my responses. Please do not chop the important parts of my responses to instead spin your 'own' results:

"Okay, but are you reborn with amnesia to your former human family, whom did not make it with you? Are you then born with the enability to 'sin'? Remember, this 'being born again' stuff happens (after) natural death. You can be a 'born again' on earth, but you will still posses 'sin.'"

No. A person must be born again BEFORE they die, or they are not saved and will never see heaven.

Yes, as I eluded to above, which you chopped.

Perhaps this misunderstanding is why so many of your questions do not make 'sense' being repeated and answered and repeated again as if not understood - Jesus says clearly the answers, the truth, the spirituals, the reality, cannot be understood by the natural, fleshly , carnal mind/man/person.

Please see above.

And let's try this again.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You are not addressing my responses. Please do not chop the important parts of my responses to instead spin your 'own' results:
I'm not spinning anything. As though you appear to always continue to do, to avoid believing.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, as I eluded to above, which you chopped.
Get real and stop spinning as if that will work, please.

As you quoted yourself, you said this born again stuff happen after natural death.
That is plainly and simply not true in any context I know of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't "work", exactly or otherwise. It is not a concept mankind can understand nor comprehend.

Then ignore the question.

You seem to think there exists some ethereal 'freewill' in heaven. I'd like to know how this is possible, if you are not allowed, and/or able/capable of sin?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Then ignore the question.

You seem to think there exists some ethereal 'freewill' in heaven. I'd like to know how this is possible, if you are not allowed, and/or able/capable of sin?
Why would you even want to know such things ?

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Get real and stop spinning as if that will work, please.

As you quoted yourself, you said this born again stuff happen after natural death.
That is plainly and simply not true in any context I know of.

I said 'born again' works in both... Meaning, you can be 'born again' on earth, but will continue to sin. The 'born again, after natural death, is when you apparently 'transform, and no longer sin, and apparently are in eternal bliss in heaven, maybe despite your loved ones burning in hell.

Can you rationalize this concept, or is it just another one of those topics we chalk up to, 'it's beyond human understanding'?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Because it's your asserted 'reality', which is imposed upon the ones whom don't believe it, day in and day out, that's all.
It is not imposed on anyone.
Most people choose not to believe the truth.
Even God does not force them (impose on them) to change.
So they perish, because of their choice. (free will, so to speak. God does not take it away unless He Says So)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The 'born again, after natural death, is when you apparently 'transform, and no longer sin, and apparently are in eternal bliss in heaven, maybe despite your loved ones burning in hell.

Can you rationalize this concept, or is it just another one of those topics we chalk up to, 'it's beyond human understanding'?
Do you understand? Or know and trust anyone who does understand ?

Being transformed and no longer sin, eternally joyous in the life to come,
has nothing to do with being born again.

Yet a man must be born again (circumcised heart not by human hands) to ever even see heaven (the life to come).

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Do you understand? Or know and trust anyone who does understand ?

Being transformed and no longer sin, eternally joyous in the life to come,
has nothing to do with being born again.

Yet a man must be born again (circumcised heart not by human hands) to ever even see heaven (the life to come).

You are bantering semantics. You know exactly what is meant, and what I mean. If you can't legitimately answer the questions, then just observe, or try another thread.

Thanks

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
It is not imposed on anyone.
Most people choose not to believe the truth.

It is imposed upon daily to many. You are incorrect. Just like other religions are to many.

Even God does not force them (impose on them) to change.

No, He instead offers an ultimatum or a threat, in His Word. 'My way or the highway.'

So they perish, because of their choice. (free will, so to speak. God does not take it away unless He Says So)

It's no different than a traffic law. Yes, you can choose to run the red light, but if you get caught, can you choose whether or not you get a ticket? In God's case, He sees all. His rules are followed, or you get punished. This is not freewill:

Freewill - "the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion."

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
— 2 Corinthians 5:17
Already happened.

I agree. This is a Christian claim. Now how might one reconcile the questions offered, in relation to this claim?

I'll reiterate the above point He asserted:

1. If you are anew, does this mean you now have amnesia from your earthly closest family and loved ones, whom did not believe and are burning eternally? How does eternal bliss also involve grieving for your unsaved loved ones?

2. Does any concept of 'freewill' exist in heaven? Remember, once you cross that threshold, you no longer sin. Either because you have no desire to, or are simply incapable. Which means, if anyone whom crosses such a threshold, can no longer commit sin against God, why not let everyone cross that threshold?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I agree. This is a Christian claim. Now how might one reconcile the questions offered, in relation to this claim?

I'll reiterate the above point He asserted:

1. If you are anew, does this mean you now have amnesia from your earthly closest family and loved ones, whom did not believe and are burning eternally? How does eternal bliss also involve grieving for your unsaved loved ones?

2. Does any concept of 'freewill' exist in heaven? Remember, once you cross that threshold, you no longer sin. Either because you have no desire to, or are simply incapable. Which means, if anyone whom crosses such a threshold, can no longer commit sin against God, why not let everyone cross that threshold?
1. I don’t know.

2. Yes, free will exists.

2a. Repent and believe the gospel. You, too, can cross that threshold.

Upvote 0