• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

This thread is a Russian Conspiracy!

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Pavel Mosko, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+3,441
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    I'm currently watching the Jimmy Dore show on You-tube. Would post a link but there's some language issues, but anyway they are going through the most 40 funniest Russian Conspiracy headlines from the last few years so I will post links or the headline title (for the more iffy articles).

1) How Russia Tried to Weaponize Charlie Sheen

2) Russia looks to buy five dolphins with perfect teeth and killer instinct

3) Russia has weaponized the energy sector in war against the West

4) Eurovision, Russia, and weaponized disability

5) Commentary: Hybrid Business -- The Risks In The Kremlin's Weaponization Of The Economy

6) https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...nder-if-kremlins-military-has-finally-peaked/

7) https://www.realclearworld.com/blog/2015/12/russias_population_is_being_weaponized_111597.html

8) For Russia, Even the Language Can Be a Weapon

9) George Takei Says Sexual Assault Allegations Are a Russian Conspiracy

10) Russian Operatives were promoting Sex Toys on Instagram to Sow discord in the US.

Will post more later Comrades...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,206
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Lol, Muh Russia!®️ is an endless fount of unintentional comedy.

3. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Member

+96
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    On a tangential note.....

Dore has appeared numerous times on RT - effectively an arm of the Russian propoganda machine. Criticism of Russia is extremely rare. Russia is usually painted favourably. It's painfully obvious when you watch RT-sponsored shows. Abby Martin was embroiled in a scandal some time ago. I believe her sackable offence was criticising Russia.

I'm angling for a little consistency. Russia definitely isn't some kind of benevolent teddy bear state. Putin is legitimately a dictator. The man has been in power for over 20 years. He writes laws which make it impossible for him to be deposed or dethroned.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Pavel Mosko

+3,441
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Some More (I decided to just focus on the most absurd ones, but Russia pretty much is weaponizing everything except actual weapons).

Russia 'weaponising misinformation' to 'create post-truth age and destabilise the West'

Russian army demonstrates latest weapon: Cuddly puppies

Climate researcher says CIA fears hostile nations are triggering floods and droughts | Daily Mail Online

Is 14-legged killer squid found TWO MILES beneath Antarctica being weaponised by Putin?

Russia reportedly used Pokémon Go in an effort to inflame racial tensions

I leave with a few Jimmy Dore quotes

Jimmy Dore "And these are the people who say Alex Jones is crazy!"

"Do you know the difference between these people and Alex Jones.... Alex Jones occasionally gets things right!"

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  5. apogee

apogee Regular Member

+396
    Christian
    Whilst I agree, I'd say Putin isn't so much a dictator, as the closest thing there is to a legit Bond villain, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a third nipple.

6. apogee

apogee Regular Member

+396
    Christian
    None of this is actually that absurd(well apart from the ones that are clearly meant to be, and anything 'reported' in the Daily Express), I mean Russia and states like it are pretty much weaponizing absolutely everything they can, and have been for some time now, and yes they are still developing traditional weapons.

upload_2021-4-16_23-10-20.jpeg

Alex Jones is legitimately crazy though(and a bit dumb)....unless he is referring to this Alex Jones who is not.

7. Pavel Mosko

+3,441
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    But this is largely stupid and silly when you actually remember how China has been eating our lunch since 1996...

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO-CRPT-105hrpt851/pdf/GPO-CRPT-105hrpt851.pdf

(Which has gone from the Military sector, to the Civilian Consumer electronics sector etc. with them receiving Most Favored Nation status etc.)

It's also ridiculous. They use the word "weaponize" for every little propaganda thing Russia does. Do you know how often the US government is involved in using the News Media for its own ends, influencing other countries elections, or even sponsoring coups?

Interesting enough much of the inspiration for the segment besides the aforementioned list of headlines, came from Powers that Be fessing up that big story which ran last year, that Russia was putting bounties on the heads of US servicemen was pretty much completely unsubstantiated, aka Fake News. I can't run the Jimmy convo which was very biting and explicative filled, but Fox did have a segment on it.

8. apogee

apogee Regular Member

+396
    Christian
    I'm no fan of the Chinese State, and would put them in a similar category to Russia, only much better at playing the game. I would consider boycotting Chinese electronics, if they didn't already make everything.

I definitely don't know how often the US government is involved in using the New Media for its own ends, but I would imagine the correct answer is 'frequently'.

'Low to Medium Confidence' is not 'No Confidence' it just isn't 'High Confidence'. That said, news agencies are not social enterprises, they commodify attention, and careful reporting just isn't very interesting.

9. Pavel Mosko

+3,441
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Well that statement is a lot more favorable then an other one Jimmy Dore, read. It was so loaded with qualifiers it basically said nothing. It reminded me of the famous saying against prosecutors that if really wanted to "You can indict a ham sandwich". At any rate this is much lower than how things were reported last year. Trump was raked over the coals for this as if it was high confidence as happening.

Government agencies and bureaucrats are also not in the habit of admitting they are wrong. Actually that is also a general human tendency called Commitment and Consistency in Social Psychology. I would just point to other kinds of intelligence mistakes regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to show how agencies and people are slow to admit they made errors, bad judgements etc.

10. Pavel Mosko

+3,441
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
  11. Tiberius Lee

Tiberius Lee Well-Known Member

+1,679
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married

I remember in 2005/06/07 fox news was defending CIA when it was very clear Saddam Hussian didn’t have WMD. Now same fox news putting CIA under the bus for another inaccurate intel. I wonder why?

12. apogee

apogee Regular Member

+396
    Christian
    Is this a reply to anything I've posted?