Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Whilst the failed prediction may be funny to some, its very upsetting and disturbing to see many people mocking and bastardising not just Christianity but any religious belief due to the events of (or lack of, in this case) yesterday. I base this statement on the religion forums on the BBC website.

I don't understand why people keep trying to predict Jesus' return when the Bible says no-one will know. In fact, I think the whole of Matthew Chapter 24 is devoted to Jesus saying this.

Predictions like this only fuel the fire of atheism not to mention potentially destroying a person's faith.
sigh.gif

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without a doubt, this end times prediction was stoked by the media for just that very reason.

When someone makes a proclamation as bold as specifying the date the world will end you can't really blame the media for picking up on it.

I just hope his followers have their faith in him crushed rather than their faith in God. Alas, I fear many will lose faith in God along the way.

Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Never coming back to this mad house
Sep 12, 2009
California
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whilst the failed prediction may be funny to some, its very upsetting and disturbing to see many people mocking and bastardising not just Christianity but any religious belief due to the events of (or lack of, in this case) yesterday. I base this statement on the religion forums on the BBC website.

I don't understand why people keep trying to predict Jesus' return when the Bible says no-one will know. In fact, I think the whole of Matthew Chapter 24 is devoted to Jesus saying this.

Predictions like this only fuel the fire of atheism not to mention potentially destroying a person's faith.
sigh.gif
:clap::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This year it sure flooped. Next year it will be the ancient Chinese and Myan calenders. They each calculated that the earth will collapse in 2012. I am very suprised that the media has not picked up on these yet.

The media have already picked up on 2012 in a pretty massive way if you ask me
2012.jpg

Upvote 0
L

Life2Christ

Don't blame the media or non-Christians for this "joke".
Blame the people who fell for this "joke". They made ALL Christians look silly and stupid.
Sadly, I have to agree with this statement. Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is actually one. There are many Christians who have had poor spiritual educations taught by those who don't have right understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chi Rho

Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Dude, Matt 24 doesn't refer to end times but to the sacking of Jerusalem.

The exposing of people who are clearly not teaching from scripture serves as a blessing to the faithful as it gives an opportunity to educate those who now know that they were duped.

Ah ok. LOL ! What chapter am I thinking of ? :D

Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
In Matthew 24, two questions are asked by his disciples.

The first Questions is when the destruction of the Temple will be
and the second being will there be signs ahead of time to signal Jesus' arrival and the end of the world.

Jesus warns his disciples verses 4 through 14
verses 15 through 25 are talking about the destruction of the Temple
verses 26 through 44 or so talk about his returning to, and the End of the world.

I may be wrong in this, but it is safe to say that Jesus did say that no man will no the day or hour of his return in this chapter.

Upvote 0

Onmywalk

May 1, 2011
✟7,672.00
Faith
Christian
Those in darkness will mock God and they desire destruction. This world is fallen and full of wickedness and evil.

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them." -Timothy 3:1-5

I believe we have only witnessed the beginning of such darkness. But do not fear such things because Jesus Christ will return at God's appointed time and He will make all things straight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those in darkness will mock God and they desire destruction. This world is fallen and full of the wickedness and evil.

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god-having a form of godliness but denying its power. have nothing to do with them." -Timothy 3:1-5

I believe we have only witnessed the beginning of such darkness. Yet do not fear such things because Jesus Christ will return at God's appointed time and He will make all things straight.

:thumbsup::amen:

Upvote 0

heweeps

Apr 14, 2011
✟15,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmmmm, I don't think this whole sad experience makes Christians look bad. The man prophesied against scripture. He made himself and any that listened to him look bad. So what if the media lumped all believers in the same boat. Goes to show you what they are. The world is going to get more anti-Christ as we go along, and it is Christians who will reap the antiChrist harvest. Praise God. We are in a training camp, we need to accept it and move in closer to God, press in to Him.

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the Captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

keith

Upvote 0

Chi Rho

Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hmmmm, I don't think this whole sad experience makes Christians look bad. The man prophesied against scripture. He made himself and any that listened to him look bad. So what if the media lumped all believers in the same boat. Goes to show you what they are. The world is going to get more anti-Christ as we go along, and it is Christians who will reap the antiChrist harvest. Praise God. We are in a training camp, we need to accept it and move in closer to God, press in to Him.

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the Captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

keith

Praise God indeed. And we should all pray for every Christian to hold fast. :)

Upvote 0