This Means WAR: The ObamaCare Betrayal By Senators Capito And Murkowski Can Never Be Forgotten

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This Means WAR: The ObamaCare Betrayal By Senators Capito And Murkowski Can Never Be Forgotten

They voted in favor of the (partial) repeal in 2015 — and yet they claim they cannot vote for the same bill today, in 2017.
So what is the difference between 2015 and 2017? ... The difference is that today, in 2017, we have a president who would sign that repeal bill into law. In 2015, we did not.

Senators Capito and Murkowski knew this. They lied to their voters, straight up.
I think the GOP establishment is hoping that you will forget about their treachery in the intervening four to six years.

I, for one, am not going to forget. I will never forget.

I hereby pledge to donate money to the strongest conservative challenger willing to primary either of these senators on the basis of their refusal to vote to repeal Obamacare. I don’t care if I have to wait until 2020 or 2022, I am doing it. And I will vocally support that person against these Senators, and do everything I can to see that these women are unseated
.​

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Bring on the infighting.
The arrogance of Republican leaders and their willingness to work against their base has been noteworthy in recent years.

Eric Cantor - House Whip, 2nd ranking Republican was unseated in 2014 Republican primary to TEA party challenger Dave Brat.

John Boehner - Speaker of the House, removed from his position in 2015 after defying Republican voters throughout Obama's time in office.

Jeb Bush - Annointed by Republican party to take the throne in 2015, humiliated by voters in 2016.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When push comes to absolute shove... It is a little comforting to know that there are some Senators that aren't blind and can see the harm the bill would have caused.

They put country ahead of party and deserve praise and respect.

"We have to make an example out of somebody, so we might as well start with them — pour encourager les autres.

So here’s what we do. We primary them. We never, ever forget this betrayal. This goes for anybody else who votes against having this legislation going forward. All of them get the same treatment. No more donations for any of the turncoats. If they appear on the radio, we call in and rip them to shreds for this vote. We confront them wherever and whenever we can. We pull out all the stops."

Notice the hate in the above quote. Why is everything so binary in the GOP. If you don't toe the line you are a traitor and deserve political execution?

There are legitimate reasons for voting against the bill. Very real and very legitimate reasons. I will go so far as to say that there are legitimate reasons for supporting the bill. Even though I'm firmly against the bill, I can see the logic behind wanting to repeal Obama care...

My point is this is a complex issue, but the author is treating this issue as if it is a simple slam dunk obvious right or wrong issue and it is not.

We should respect all legitimate choices. And opposing this bill is legitimate. In fact, it should say something to the GOP party that their own party thinks this bill is crap.

I'm amazed that the hatred of all things Obama is so strong that GOP types would rather burn the country to the ground over healthcare rather than acknowledge that his solution is better than theirs and work to make Obamacare better rather than introduce their horrid legislation which would kill people by the hundreds of thousands via omission.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When push comes to absolute shove... It is a little comforting to know that there are some Senators that aren't blind and can see the harm the bill would have caused.

They put country ahead of party and deserve praise and respect.
Perhaps after being fired by Republican voters they can become the new leaders of the Democrat party.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps after being fired by Republican voters they can become the new leaders of the Democrat party.

Why not? It worked for Trump. GOP is led by someone who is not even close to a Republican and GOP is going through bouts of mental gymnastics and hypocrisy to color the insanity coming out of the White House as "normal"

At best, they put state ahead of country. I'm not sure how much praise or respect that should command.

Fair point. They put State over party. Still commendable. Elected officials should represent their constituents. And sometimes, that means being a parent and denying your children things they "think" they want but in reality will be harmful...

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Fair point. They put State over party. Still commendable. Elected officials should represent their constituents.
Generally speaking, in this country we've held that Senators are not supposed to be simply middle men for conveying the opinions of the homefolks to Washington but, rather, that they are to legislate with the interests of the country in the forefront.

• Winner
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They voted in favor of the (partial) repeal in 2015 — and yet they claim they cannot vote for the same bill today, in 2017.
So what is the difference between 2015 and 2017? ... The difference is that today, in 2017, we have a president who would sign that repeal bill into law. In 2015, we did not.

Senators Capito and Murkowski knew this. They lied to their voters, straight up.
I think the GOP establishment is hoping that you will forget about their treachery in the intervening four to six years.

I, for one, am not going to forget. I will never forget.

I hereby pledge to donate money to the strongest conservative challenger willing to primary either of these senators on the basis of their refusal to vote to repeal Obamacare. I don’t care if I have to wait until 2020 or 2022, I am doing it. And I will vocally support that person against these Senators, and do everything I can to see that these women are unseated
.​
Whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Why not? It worked for Trump. GOP is led by someone who is not even close to a Republican and GOP is going through bouts of mental gymnastics and hypocrisy ...
ROTFL ... That'll happen when a party defies the will of its voters.

... and still they wonder why the guy in the White House isn't going along with what the entrenched bureaucracy just "knows" is the right thing to do. :doh:

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,422.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
ROTFL ... That'll happen when a party defies the will of its voters.

... and still they wonder why the guy in the White House isn't going along with what the entrenched bureaucracy just "knows" is the right thing to do. :doh:

The will of the voters or the will of the party?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The will of the voters or the will of the party?
Noting that all Republican senators and congressmen, with the exception of Susan Collins, have campaigned under the banner of repealing Obamacare.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,314.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Noting that all Republican senators and congressmen, with the exception of Susan Collins, have campaigned under the banner of repealing Obamacare.
I think their voters voted for something like this:

Upvote 0