• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

This makes me crazy...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    *You are in the Catholic forum*

Now, there are many other things that Jesus did. If they were all written down one by one, I suppose the whole world could not hold the books that would be written.

John 21:25

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+26,052
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Why does it make you crazy?

3. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+4,443
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I know what you mean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Michie

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Really? Lol! Because I want to know every little thing Jesus did. John made a big claim there. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. ~Matteus~

~Matteus~ Quadriga is the way through Scripture! Supporter

+6,181
    Norway
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    Ahh, the children of scholasticism :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Sinner Supporter

+3,430
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I guess I can understand what you are saying, but..

I find it a very comforting and “cozy” end to the Gospel...it brings me back home to bedtime stories beside the fireplace while sitting on my grandfather’s lap...but this story is true, while those were just tales of fantasy and imagination. How wonderful!

(Besides, Jesus is still doing many other things. It would be impossible to have them all written down.)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Michie

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh shut up Matteus. Party pooper. :p

8. ~Matteus~

~Matteus~ Quadriga is the way through Scripture! Supporter

+6,181
    Norway
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    You know how the Jews say that heaven is like studying the Torah for all eternity, no day or night only study time?
    I think of the infinity of Christ in much the same way, if I'm found worthy of eternal life then there's nothing I'd love more than to learn about Yeshua forever and ever.
    Lesson after lesson without the sun ever going down. At his feet forever... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Michie

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Can't you guys tell when I'm having fun? I have been meditating on Scripture and I still think it's a valid question though. I say it's about time for some Lenten arm wrestling around here! ;)

10. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Sinner Supporter

+3,430
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Ah, your post made me nostalgic for time spent with my grandfather (long since departed) when I was a child, for which I thank you. It brought a smile to my grumpy Lenten face.

Lenten arm wrestling ... winner!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Michie

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    The Lenten grouchies are a real thing. I'd punch Matteus but I might get a case of the Lenten cooties which are much worse.

Anyway, I find that verse to be the most fascinating in NT Scripture. So sue me! ;)

12. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+4,918
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That reminds of back about 25, 30 years ago, when the ultimate comeback was "sue me!" :D

13. LivingWordUnity

LivingWordUnity Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic

+11,100
    Catholic
    Married
    He could mean how Jesus created the universe and all the big and little things in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. Michie

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Nobody understands me around here. I'm highly offended and thinking about seeing an attorney myself. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Michie

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Good insight!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. JohnB445

JohnB445 Well-Known Member

+660
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The only book I know inspired by God is the Bible.

I wonder what the world would be like if God gave us a jump start and gave us all the knowledge about mathematics, science, etc. But humans had to figure that out on their own.

17. Michie

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm not so sure it would of been a good thing? We are not exactly humble or handle power very well. The Tower of Babel comes to mind... Another fascinating event the Bible describes.

18. JohnB445

JohnB445 Well-Known Member

+660
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    What about if God gave it only to the Jewish civilization in the OT times, then to the Christian civilizations in the NT times.

I kinda see it already happened in a sort of way, because a lot of Christians have been the ones that expanded human education throughout the centuries, but at the same time, they had to seek it and learn it, rather than God just revealing everything.

But I guess that would take away the fun of discovery if God revealed everything that there is to discover without anyone having to seek it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+2,541
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The Father handed him the reigns in creation and salvation and the judgement seat of Christ. He knows the intricate details of EVERYTHING and knew it since before the foundation of the world. Of course we can't comprehend it,nor volumes of books could tell it all ! But scripture says we will know what He knows in the afterlife. Are you ready ? Not sure I want to know really..... I'm thinking just catching the real meaning and mindset of " rivers of living water" should suffice. Or Acts 9, why Saul ( who was Paul) ? You know, some simple stuff !!!! But then I suppose we will have eternity to grasp it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Michie

+20,762
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I think that's coming for all believers. In Heaven. :)