This is why real scientists are awesome!

Jester4kicks

Warning - The following may cause you to think
Nov 13, 2007
✟17,459.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Reactions: Wiccan_Child

Jester4kicks

Warning - The following may cause you to think
Nov 13, 2007
✟17,459.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
lol ya, I wonder if that Walter was for real or just some hired actor to say stupid things.
A 50-50 chance. Hilarious. :D

He was real. I heard about his lawsuit to stop the back before it was scheduled to start up.

I just loved the physicist. Normally in those interviews, the interviewee doesn't know how to react to the daily show correspondent... but he just came right back at John Oliver. ^_^^_^

Upvote 0
F

FedererFan

He was real. I heard about his lawsuit to stop the back before it was scheduled to start up.

I just loved the physicist. Normally in those interviews, the interviewee doesn't know how to react to the daily show correspondent... but he just came right back at John Oliver. ^_^^_^

Haha, I love fringe scientists (read: intelligent design proponents :p)!

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ellis was awesome in this interview!!!:thumbsup:
Oliver reminds me of Creationists interviewing (or debating) those who are actually familiar with the science behind the subject being discussed (and vehemently disagreed upon by many YEC's and even some OEC's).
Scientist- Let's have a little fact based discussion
Many Creationists- Yeah let's do it!

Scientist- Go ahead, Im waiting for you
Many Creationists- To which, is , it's, to which it's (blah)

Walter Wagner is a high school science teacher. And quite frankly his assessment of the possibility of the creation of a black hole is accurate based on (no kidding) EVERY high school science teacher I have ever had. The word "teacher" is used SO loosely nowadays, really.
IOW, just like every science teacher/football, basketball, baseball coach I ever had, he has (really) NO idea about what he is speaking.

Go fig.

"evilgeniussayswhat?" seems like SUCH an AV tactic :D
"How many Kelvin is that?" sounds so much like ju...... Oh never mind, I don't want to get accused of flaming.

LOVED this "interview"

Upvote 0

Ectezus

Beholder
Mar 1, 2009
✟8,683.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Wow for real? Amazing!

I guess the interviewer got it right in the end: If he and Walter were the last humans on Earth they would need to repopulate the world. Afterall, there's a 50-50 chance it will work with 2 males. Either it does, or it doesn't work. :D

Upvote 0