Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
3 McDonald's workers hurt in customer attack over coronavirus limits, police say

I get that I have no right to get angry at people that don't stay at home. It is their constitutional rights to do what is right for them, even though in the beginning I did get mad at people. But after doing some thinking, I have changed my attitude. I don't have the right to tell people to stay indoors.

But I do have the right to tell people to keep their distance from me. When I shop, I will use my cart to keep people from getting close to me. That will anger some people. They want to put their groceries on the belt. But I can't let it if it is going to be close to me. So I use a cart to keep that distance. But sometimes they seem to want to fight.

I get it. You have your freedom. Just don't let your freedom affect me. Right now, I am treating other people as though they are a disease. My neighbors will try to talk to me, but I stay a distant. When they approach, I walk away from them.

What does this have to do with the article? Just this

So many people keep talking about the stay at home order violating their civil liberties, and I agree that people shouldn't have to stay home. But they go from one extreme to the next. They violate others who want to keep a distance from them. They violate other businesses that have a social distancing policy. For example, in my area all the restaurants are closed, except for drive throughs and take outs. That is their right as well. But some people get mad at these policies. They get mad at other people, like me, who will say please keep your distance. That violates my liberties.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People are stressed, and it can bring out the worst in them (it brings out what's already there). I've pretty much kept to myself these past weeks, but I do go to Recycling almost weekly. I have never seen such a tense atmosphere there. There was a verbal altercation two weeks ago; neither one would let it go.

Not an excuse, an explanation that perhaps helps us to not be part of the problem, but rather to avoid problems as much as possible. I tend to walk away as much as I can.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
People are stressed, and it can bring out the worst in them (it brings out what's already there). I've pretty much kept to myself these past weeks, but I do go to Recycling almost weekly. I have never seen such a tense atmosphere there. There was a verbal altercation two weeks ago; neither one would let it go.

Not an excuse, an explanation that perhaps helps us to not be part of the problem, but rather to avoid problems as much as possible. I tend to walk away as much as I can.

Yeah, I know that you are right.

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Love thy neighbour, ppl are not a disease. That's the devil talking. Try to stop putting yourself first and have some compassion on others.
No, people are not a disease but they can sure carry one and help to spread a disease. It isn’t too much to ask people to stay home and to wear masks and keep a six foot distance when they go out.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, people are not a disease but they can sure carry one and help to spread a disease. It isn’t too much to ask people to stay home and to wear masks and keep a six foot distance when they go out.

Unfortunately you are misinformed. There is no such evil bug prowling around seeking for whom it may devour. And even if there was, the mitigation measures such as distancing, quarantine of uninfected and masks are but arrant superstition, scientifically speaking. What we do have is systematic misdiagnosis due to failure to properly identify a new virus, resultant wildly inaccurate testing methods and medical malpractice made de rigeur by use of respirators and traumatic isolation techniques, closure of hospitals for other emergency procedures and so on. Look into it.

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3 McDonald's workers hurt in customer attack over coronavirus limits, police say

I get that I have no right to get angry at people that don't stay at home. It is their constitutional rights to do what is right for them, even though in the beginning I did get mad at people. But after doing some thinking, I have changed my attitude. I don't have the right to tell people to stay indoors.

But I do have the right to tell people to keep their distance from me. When I shop, I will use my cart to keep people from getting close to me. That will anger some people. They want to put their groceries on the belt. But I can't let it if it is going to be close to me. So I use a cart to keep that distance. But sometimes they seem to want to fight.

I get it. You have your freedom. Just don't let your freedom affect me. Right now, I am treating other people as though they are a disease. My neighbors will try to talk to me, but I stay a distant. When they approach, I walk away from them.

What does this have to do with the article? Just this

So many people keep talking about the stay at home order violating their civil liberties, and I agree that people shouldn't have to stay home. But they go from one extreme to the next. They violate others who want to keep a distance from them. They violate other businesses that have a social distancing policy. For example, in my area all the restaurants are closed, except for drive throughs and take outs. That is their right as well. But some people get mad at these policies. They get mad at other people, like me, who will say please keep your distance. That violates my liberties.
I am out and about all the time. And I personally have not met or have seen one person who wasn't very respectful of others personal space.

Watch the media though and it's mass hysteria and lunatics EVERYWHERE.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Love thy neighbour, ppl are not a disease. That's the devil talking. Try to stop putting yourself first and have some compassion on others.

Agree 100%.

People have gone over the top with their thoughts and actions regarding this virus.

Trust in Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no problem entertaining the fears of others within reason...and I know people have been made truly afraid BUT

It'll be a great day when this whole fearmongering infringment on basic human rights is fully exposed for what it is and it's only a matter of time as their entire paradigm has completely fallen apart.

It'll be a great day when the left, and only the left...stop lying about HCQ+ and it's effectiveness in not only treating the virus, but preventing it in the first place...indeed it acts like a vaccine.

It'll be a great day when people finally know that this virus is no more dangerous then the flu and can indeed be prevented with medication meaning no need to wait for a vaccine either.

It'll be a great day when people realize this is a fight against good and evil in the world and not about the POTUS who is in the position of facilatating the exposure of this world wide evil to all with eyes to see,and ears to hear.

Thank our Father in heaven this evil is finally being exposed...it's been infiltrating countries, nations of the "free" world for decades, even centuries...thank our Father in heaven the world is waking up to these evil people who indeed are panicking right now.

They are censoring facebook, twitter and youtube...they have ramped up their anti POTUS campaign...they are attempting to set up an easily manipulated voting system...they are putting innocent people in jail and letting criminals out including dangerous sex offenders...they are setting up fake news stories to continue with their fearmongering virus narrative...they want to shut down every voice that supports the POTUS, because they think it's the only way they can win...they are definitely in panic mode...but they are going to fail at every turn.

President Trump will win the election this Fall and the democratic party will have another 4 years of his administration in the WH.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joker had it right.
hnp6furqzvm41.jpg

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately you are misinformed. There is no such evil bug prowling around seeking for whom it may devour. And even if there was, the mitigation measures such as distancing, quarantine of uninfected and masks are but arrant superstition, scientifically speaking. What we do have is systematic misdiagnosis due to failure to properly identify a new virus, resultant wildly inaccurate testing methods and medical malpractice made de rigeur by use of respirators and traumatic isolation techniques, closure of hospitals for other emergency procedures and so on. Look into it.
I guess the three friends of mine that have passed away with Covid-19 were misinformed of their scientifically proven virus.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess the three friends of mine that have passed away with Covid-19 were misinformed of their scientifically proven virus.

I'm very sorry for your losses...many indeed have died, but no one needed to die if these so called "experts"had been forthright from the beginning...including the awareness of the life saving HCQ treatment the left keep denying as an effective treatment and indeed it's ability to prevent the virus in the first place...your friends need not have passed on from this virus at all. Fauci knew since 2005 that HCQ worked to stop the SARS virus in it's tracks and that it was also effective in preventing the virus. Those are the facts regardless of whether those on the left want to accept them or not as their typical response...and defence is to deny facts because it just dosen't fit the narrative.

This is why I get angry...lies that are killing people.

It's a very good thing thousands of doctors choose to ignore the lies and go with the science or many more lives would have been lost world wide.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You go ahead and think what you want. Just don’t get into my space if you see me out an about.

• Agree
Reactions: Emsmom1
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm very sorry for your losses...many indeed have died, but no one needed to die if these so called "experts"had been forthright from the beginning...including the awareness of the life saving HCQ treatment the left keep denying as an effective treatment and indeed it's ability to prevent the virus in the first place..
Talk about being misinformed. Hydroxychloroquine has not been proven to be any more effective than a placebo, according to the CEBM, who have studied about 150 clinical trials.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Talk about being misinformed. Hydroxychloroquine has not been proven to be any more effective than a placebo, according to the CEBM, who have studied about 150 clinical trials.

Like I sai...it's a very good thing doctors have ignored the lies from the left...and ONLY the left about HCQ as again Fauci KNEW in 2005.

And no one yet can explain why it's curing people or why people who already take it don't get it...nope they don't touch that at all...they dismiss testimonies from patients treated with HCQ+...they deny the studies...they deny the thousands of doctors using it effectively around the world...that's just sickening...and it's letting people die without treatment...and that makes millioms very angry.

I believe the science and not the lies from the left...and again I will emphasize that it's ONLY the LEFT making these outrageous claims without solid evidence and indeed the few studies they have referred to have all been seriously flawed.

If you want to promote the lies...fill your boots...that's your choice, but I will never deny the medically proven truth about the life saving effectiveness of HCQ+ against this man made...Bill Gates patented virus.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm very sorry for your losses...many indeed have died, but no one needed to die if these so called "experts"had been forthright from the beginning...including the awareness of the life saving HCQ treatment the left keep denying as an effective treatment and indeed it's ability to prevent the virus in the first place...your friends need not have passed on from this virus at all. Fauci knew since 2005 that HCQ worked to stop the SARS virus in it's tracks and that it was also effective in preventing the virus. Those are the facts regardless of whether those on the left want to accept them or not as their typical response...and defence is to deny facts because it just dosen't fit the narrative.

This is why I get angry...lies that are killing people.

It's a very good thing thousands of doctors choose to ignore the lies and go with the science or many more lives would have been lost world wide.
Ok I'll bite. Show us evidence of these so called facts of yours?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who should I believe, a man widely considered to be the foremost expert on infectious diseases in the world, or a random screen name

Ok I'll bite. Show us evidence of these so called facts of yours?

They have been posted ad naseum on thread after thread on this topic...but i'll post this one again published on pubmed.gov from the National Library of Medicine.

2005 Aug 22;2:69. doi: 10.1186/1743-422X-2-69.
Chloroquine Is a Potent Inhibitor of SARS Coronavirus Infection and Spread
Martin J Vincent 1, Eric Bergeron, Suzanne Benjannet, Bobbie R Erickson, Pierre E Rollin, Thomas G Ksiazek, Nabil G Seidah, Stuart T Nichol
Affiliations expand
PMID: 16115318 PMCID: PMC1232869 DOI: 10.1186/1743-422X-2-69
Abstract
Background: Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.

Results: We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion: Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds. Chloroquine Is a Potent Inhibitor of SARS Coronavirus Infection and Spread - PubMed

This is a news article related to the above study...
Fauci knew about HCQ in 2005 -- nobody needed to die

And this one which notes no increased heart risk when taking HCQ...indicating it's use is safe.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCEP.120.008662#.XrG-i8LBjDA.twitter

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.