This is what my gardener did to my Bougainvillea. Very mad. What would you do?

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He gets 90 dollars a month to work twice a month. I will talk to him. But I fill he ignores me .
See post #17 which is a professional way to handle it. The only thing I would add is that you write down specifically what you want and don't want, such as these bushes cannot be any shorter the 4'11''. You sign it and he signs it and he gets a copy.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi CCW,

Well, I know that services can be pretty expensive in CA. I'm not sure that $90 for two visits a month is necessarily out of line. But again, I don't know. I know that 30 years ago I had a small lawn service and I wouldn't even consider taking on a customer for less than $30/month in those days. It just isn't worth the time and effort involved if I wasn't going to make at least $20/hour for my time. Then you add the gas and maintenance of equipment and even small condo lots cost at least $30/month in the 1990's. I'm sure that with the cost of living and doing business in CA, a lawn service charging $45/visit isn't waaaay out of line.

So, I say all of that to say that you're likely not going to find a less expensive service, but you may find a service more receptive to your requests about how you want things done. For someone like yourself, it might be good to look for an industrious high school boy that wants to make some gas money for his car. When I was a boy, walking around a few blocks pushing a mower and a rake could usually get $40 or $50 in spending money over a weekend. Of course, I was using dad's mower and dad's rake and dad's gas. So needless to say, overhead was pretty low.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A similar situation happened to my parents. My Dad was getting to old and out of breath to mow the lawn. My mom and I could not mow the lawn, we did not have enough strength. The lawn mower is one you push with gas, not a ride on lawn mower. I wish I had the strength and know-how to mow the lawn. it gets very hot here in FL and mowing the lawn took a lot of energy out from Dad. So Dad and Mom decided to hire a lawn service. They found one service where the man was very demanding. He charged us a lot even during winter when it is dry and the grass barely grows. Winter is the dry season, it does rain a little bit, but it really rains in summer. in summer the plants really grow and I have to be on my guard for weeds. i do a lot of yard work myself, even though I can't mow, i also cannot drive a car, motor vehicle, it is a handicap, i have some mental illness problems, i live with my parents and they take care of me, and I take care of them. I water our flowers and leafy vines and trees. I also dig up the weeds. i must confess I like some pretty 'weed' flowers, I consider them wild flowers. In the lawn there are these pretty little star-shaped white flowers that I consider 'Florida snow.'

Anyway, there was this guy who tried to take advantage of my parents, demanding that they go by his rules or else he would not mow the lawn in summer when it really needed it. There are a lot of lawn companies that take advantage of old people in Florida who have houses with wild lawns overgrown with a lot of grass, bushes, vines, many wild and foreign invasive species that take over, sooner or later somebody has to tame that jungle, there are people who go up north in summer and come back to Florida during the winter. When they get back in the winter, there yard is a mess. Even if they stay year round, old people do not have the physical strength to mow a decent lawn, so they hire someone. So a business of mowing or gardening is a very profitable business in Florida.

Oh, i have bouganvilla in my yard, they're real thorny. i like the flowers. My dad hated having to trim those because he got scratched by the thorns. I must remember to trim and water them.

Upvote 0