This is what I don't get: you can transition into almost anything, till you are put straight back

Which would you side with...

• Successive then adaptive evolution

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Adaptive then successive evolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Successive then successive evolution

• Adaptive then adaptive evolution

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Just successive (not adaptive) evolution

• Just adaptive (not successive) evolution

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So this is what I don't get: you can transition into almost anything, as a species, kind after kind after kind, and then due to selection pressures prevailing against you, you can be put straight back to the kind you were, but not less. How does that even make sense?

I mean if I am human, then alien, then alien type 2 and 3 and 4, then a strong wind blows consistently against me in a way that favours humans, alien types 1, 2, 3, 4 all go back to being human, in some way. As if mankind just blows about in the wind, as to what he was and what he was for?

The aim is to be adapted as possible, one would presume, but without agency that you only get by keeping design constant, you get nowhere - I mean you go back to nothing, and you get nothing and it means nothing, because you don't know what it stands for?

For some reason, selection pressure has just continued to drive variation, without asking anything in return - is this a strength now? Oh, perhaps; is there going to be strength later? Oh, we'll see -- it's just craziness.

I wouldn't object but then it stands to reason, that alien 4 could return to a better human - human #2 - not simply human, as if that justifies hanging in there, until it's found out: what the changes are and how they benefit us?

There is a real divergence here, between what you expect and what you will actually want.

You can see that, right? That there is a difference between successive evolutions and adaptive evolutions?

(I put it to you, you cannot have both - successive and adaptive -, without a foundation)

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Like if you crash your car and you say to the police officer, "oh! sorry officer, I used to drive a formula one car", that's not an excuse.

It might explain what you were expecting, not what you did.

And if there is no related way of making amends, you do time.

What I am saying is, how do you time, as an Evolutionist? Not limbo? Not bardo? Not purgatory?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So this is what I don't get: you can transition into almost anything, as a species, kind after kind after kind, and then due to selection pressures prevailing against you, you can be put straight back to the kind you were, but not less. How does that even make sense
Nobody here thinks it makes sense.

/thread

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Nobody here thinks it makes sense.

/thread

You're just one more dude that thinks because it doesn't make sense to him, it shouldn't get the attention of anyone.

You are welcome to leave your mark and go elsewhere, just don't pretend [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing on the parade is a noble gesture.

Did I forget to mention: not making sense, can't be evolved sensibly?

As in "tell me how to evolve not making sense"? Other than making sense you think you make, without defining how?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you can transition into almost anything, as a species, kind after kind after

Only in terms of evolutionary fairy tales.

Genes contain the construction blueprints to make a creature. They include variations for height, colour etc but what they don't include is information to build something that creature does not have.
Example a horse has the genes to make another horse.
It does not have the genes to make a winged horse.
It does not matter what selection pressure, what mutations it suffers a horse cannot evolve into a winged horse.
Ditto a single cell into a multi celled creature.

Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You're just one more dude that thinks because it doesn't make sense to him, it shouldn't get the attention of anyone.

You are welcome to leave your mark and go elsewhere, just don't pretend [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing on the parade is a noble gesture.

Did I forget to mention: not making sense, can't be evolved sensibly?

As in "tell me how to evolve not making sense"? Other than making sense you think you make, without defining how?
It makes no sense because it's nonsense. It makes even less sense than your usual strawman misrepresentations of evolution.

Given the number of times you've been corrected, do not try to pretend you are unaware of the falsity of your claims. You're not posting in good faith, you are simply being deceitful.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
It makes no sense because it's nonsense. It makes even less sense than your usual strawman misrepresentations of evolution.

Yeah but show me how to evolve the nonsense. You are taking the onus of teaching on yourself, but you are not using the terms of your belief to help me!

It's ok for you to just hack into someone and leave them wondering what you meant, huh?

Strawmen improve the lexicon, maybe introduce one of your own, to demonstrate how you work?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Given the number of times you've been corrected, do not try to pretend you are unaware of the falsity of your claims. You're not posting in good faith, you are simply being deceitful.

I am based on the Word of God.

God says watch.

I say to you "watch".

How are you going to correct my watching? That's all I am asking?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I am based on the Word of God.

God says watch.

I say to you "watch".

How are you going to correct my watching? That's all I am asking?
I watch you post strawman versions of evolution. I watch others correct your misrepresentations. I watch you pretend you have not been corrected and come back with the same nonsense time after time after time.

You may kid yourself that you're fighting the good fight, but you're not. You're like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Yeah but show me how to evolve the nonsense. You are taking the onus of teaching on yourself, but you are not using the terms of your belief to help me!

It's ok for you to just hack into someone and leave them wondering what you meant, huh?

Strawmen improve the lexicon, maybe introduce one of your own, to demonstrate how you work?
I doubt there are many familiar with your work who doubt what @Bungle_Bear means. He has, rightly in my opinion, repeated the well-evidenced assertion that you do not understand evolution; that you ignore every correction that is made; that you do not listen to any explanations you are given; that most of what you post is word salad; and that consequently each of your posts is an affront to reason and an insult to your fellow members. Please start listening. Please apply your intellect in a positive way. Thank you, in hope.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Life-force is the knowledge of health, and of us.
Consciousness consists of four-dimensional superstructures of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a deepening of the sentient. Understanding is a constant.
Only a Indigo Child of the solar system may generate this rebirth of energy.
You and I are travellers of the quantum soup. This life is nothing short of an invocation rekindling of dynamic ecstasy. The goal of a resonance cascade is to plant the seeds of rejuvenation rather than suffering.

nature

Ego is the antithesis of empathy. You may be ruled by materialism without realizing it. Do not let it obliterate the knowledge of your path. Selfishness is born in the gap where choice has been excluded.

Seeker, look within and awaken yourself. It can be difficult to know where to begin. Have you found your mission?

The infinite is calling to you via ultra-sentient particles. Can you hear it?
It is time to take interconnectedness to the next level. The future will be a high-frequency blossoming of guidance. It is in summoning that we are guided.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Life-force is the knowledge of health, and of us.
Consciousness consists of four-dimensional superstructures of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a deepening of the sentient. Understanding is a constant.
Only a Indigo Child of the solar system may generate this rebirth of energy.
You and I are travellers of the quantum soup. This life is nothing short of an invocation rekindling of dynamic ecstasy. The goal of a resonance cascade is to plant the seeds of rejuvenation rather than suffering.

nature

Ego is the antithesis of empathy. You may be ruled by materialism without realizing it. Do not let it obliterate the knowledge of your path. Selfishness is born in the gap where choice has been excluded.

Seeker, look within and awaken yourself. It can be difficult to know where to begin. Have you found your mission?

The infinite is calling to you via ultra-sentient particles. Can you hear it?
It is time to take interconnectedness to the next level. The future will be a high-frequency blossoming of guidance. It is in summoning that we are guided.
How true! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The stupid. It burns.

Take it easy. They have a legit mental illness.

(I'm not trying to be funny either. They really do suffer from a mental illness, which is why their posts don't make a lot of sense.)

Upvote 0