The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
RED_SOX_FANS.sff_BX101_20041022111958.jpg

Victoria Snelgrove, a 21-year-old Emerson College student, lays on the sidewalk on Lansdowne Street in Boston early Thursday, Oct. 21, 2004, after being hit by a projectile fired by a Boston police officer into the uruly crowd outside Fenway Park. Snelgrove died hours after being hit, and fifteen others, including a police officer, suffered minor injuries in Boston's Kenmore Square neighborhoo. (AP Photo/Mary Knox Merrill)
Doug Conroy, 33, of Portland, Maine, said he and several other people had climbed the rafters of Fenway's famed Green Monster when police began to order them back down. He said he saw an officer in riot gear shoot something into the crowd below him.

He said he heard a woman scream, then heard sobbing. "A lot of people then looked over and saw her lying awkwardly on the sidewalk and blood coming out of her nose. She wasn't moving and we were just hoping she was just unconscious," Conroy said.
She didnt need to die. It was all senseless, whether the cop was acting properly or not I dont know. If people would excercise self control there would be no need for "riot-gear," but idiots get so caught up in a game, they let loose. I hope all who were there feel a twinge of responsibility for her, and I cant imagine what the cop who shot her feels like, some how I just dont think he feels very good right now. Let it open the eyes of the crowds who were there, we joke "oh its all fun - 'we were just celebrating'" until some innocent person dies. Look at the picture of her dying, see the fear in her friends eyes. It's very sobering in my opinion. :( :prayer:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041023/D85SR0O80.html

Jacob4Jesus

Dork For Jesus and Proud of It
Sep 18, 2003
Wauconda, IL
✟3,922.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, living in Chicago, I have seen some things like that during the Bull's championship years. When they won the title in 98, some moron came running out of his apartment shooting a gun every which way. Luckily no one got hurt.

I just don't get it. I am a huge Cubs fan, but if the Cubs won the series some day, I couldn't imagine myself getting violent and stupid about it. It's not worth risking yours or anyone's life for it. How does the old adage go? It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

It's very ironic that this was a celebration of the Sox winning and beating the Yankees, and now that fan will not have a chance to watch them in the world series. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums