• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

This is seriously evil!

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by ephraimanesti, Sep 7, 2010.

1. razeontherock

razeontherock Well-Known Member

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    Don't think for a minute that war strategy is about following the Prince of Peace

2. ephraimanesti

ephraimanesti Senior Veteran

+342
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    MY BROTHER,

When that "seeming" is true--as it obviously is in many instances--you can chalk it up to the fact that the "seemers" are not "followers of the 'prince of peace' " but rather followers of the prince of darkness.

Those who are not struggling to think/act/speak as their Lord Jesus Christ would, are not His followers but poseurs. That should hopefully be obvious, no matter how they choose to label themselves.

:bow:ABBA'S FOOL,
    ephraim

3. Jane_the_Bane

Jane_the_Bane Gaia's godchild

+3,113
    Pagan
    Legal Union (Other)
    UK-Greens
    Due to the highly heterogeneous nature of the texts collected in the Bible, Christianity can be virtually anything to anyone. What you take to it is what you get out of it, so to speak:

Fred Phelps will find his position just as much confirmed by Scripture as the liberal Baptist performing a ceremony for a homosexual couple.
    "Prosperity gospel"-preachers appealing to consumerist greed find just as much material going for them as Liberation theologians struggling to help disenfranchised slum dwellers hold their own against the monetary elite.
    There are Christian Marxists pointing to Jesus's egalitarian teachings just as there are right-wing Christians who believe that the poor deserve their fate, and that God is a free market Capitalist.

In short: the more heterogenenous a text gets, the more it lends itself to support virtually any position. I'm not saying that all of these positions are equally validated by scripture - far from it. But each of them *can* be supported with specific material from the Bible.

4. Robban

Robban -----------

+1,577
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced
    Correct. Depends much upon the mind of the reader. The Bible is a personal message to each and everyone,Which is why the commandments say "YOU shall......". Going with the flow, is not going to cut it

5. JohnCR

JohnCR Junior Member

+11
    Atheist
    Single
    I think they should have every right to burn the Qur'an. That being said, I also think it's a really stupid thing to do.

6. ephraimanesti

ephraimanesti Senior Veteran

+342
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Of course you would think that burning a holy book is no big deal--being one who does not believe in God and holds nothing sacred or holy, it is pretty easy to be flippent about real stuff.

It is not at all helpful, though.

ephraim

7. JohnCR

JohnCR Junior Member

+11
    Atheist
    Single
    What? I didn't say it was no big deal. I said they have every right to do it. I also went on to say that it wasn't smart. It doesn't accomplish anything and it puts our troops in danger.

8. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,751
    Calvinist
    Single
    What about the outcry over the doublestandards. Christians are turning a blind eye towards the doublestandards and have lost the way of Jesus.

9. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,751
    Calvinist
    Single
    Jesus was not politically correct. Too many people forget his righteous indignation. I think that some of you worship a different Jesus.

10. KIYX

KIYX Junior Member

+95
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Don't think for a minute that this is a war strategy.

11. dewaddict84

dewaddict84 meh

+22
    Agnostic
    Married
    Verily I say unto thee, split off.

Form your own church, give yourself a name that Jesus would be proud of. Hell, you're protestant anyway, it's practically part of your religion.

If people like ephraimanesti, razeontherock, AniGequoti, BobW188, and kiwimac are calling this sort of action seriously evil, then why are you associating with them? Go find a bunch of like-minded individual and do your own thing. You'll show him what-for.

Please?

12. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    Allow me to interject a different perspective on this phenomena:

G-d gives us enough rope to hang ourselves with. Yes, it is a scary thought, and part of the beginning of wisdom.

13. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    Um, got context? If you actually followed that instead of just shooting from the hip, you'd see it was. It's called, "cogent conversation," or even just being responsive.

14. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    Apparently you haven't seen many of my posts ^_^

15. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Oh and - - OUCH. Still funny though

16. Faris

Faris Junior Member

+3
    Atheist
    Single
    What benefits can Christians get in burning millions of papers other than polluting their environment?
    Why are Muslims angry? What harm will come to the Quran, will it be lost? Don't they own their copies?
    The three Abrahamic religions have always been in war with themselves or others and they will continue to fight until the end of the world or the end of these religions.

17. oi_antz

oi_antz Opposed to Untruth.

+258
    Christian
    Single
    I'm right there with you, intolerance sucks. Now it looks like a filthy political stunt to get some cheap lime light.

18. jdog4god

jdog4god Jdog4God

+2
    Christian
    Single
    def agree