• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured This is Rediculous

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Introverted1293, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Scottish Highlander

Scottish Highlander Reverend Pastor 1748

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    US-Constitution
    [statement retracted]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. Tony B

Tony B Active Member

+296
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    So, are you saying that if you had it, and you ‘accidentally’ passed it on to someone else by coughing over them because you decided to ignore a health directive and not wear a mask, and that person died because their immune system was not up to fighting it off.....that you would not be in any way at fault, they themselves will solely be at fault, and therefore God will not hold you culpable for their death in any way?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Scottish Highlander

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    US-Constitution
    [statement retracted]

4. Introverted1293

Introverted1293 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,448
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Wow

I actually don't have zinc lozenges. I thought I did. But thank you for that.[/QUOTE]

5. Introverted1293

+2,448
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I am trying to handle disagreements a little better. But it is how we learn.

6. Scottish Highlander

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    US-Constitution
    [statement retracted]

7. Running2win

Running2win Well-Known Member

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm a runner and being in shape helps your immune system and cardio. Actually myself and other people had something similar in 2019 Spring. I ran and worked through it, but it was tough. My friend got tested fro the flu and it didn't show up as flu. All the symptoms of covid.

IMO, they let it loose then, but the strain was not effective enough so they rebooted it later in the year. But we will never know.

Yes, most people immune compromised are getting it. And we have a lot of them in USA. My wife is a nurse and all her covid patients that need the vent, are. Really. if you are going to get it and die, that is Gods dept. Most won't unless you are old or immune compromised.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Scottish Highlander

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    US-Constitution
    [statement retracted]

9. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+5,898
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    [/QUOTE]

[​IMG]
    Nevada man had Covid-19 twice

A 25-year-old Nevada man appears to be the first documented case of Covid-19 reinfection in the United States.
    Genetic tests indicate the patient was infected with two different varieties of the virus, a team at the University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine and the Nevada State Public Health Laboratory reported.

The patient was first diagnosed with coronavirus in April after he had a sore throat, cough, headache, nausea and diarrhea, the researchers wrote in a pre-print study posted Thursday. He got better around April 27, and he tested negative for the virus twice afterwards.

He continued to feel well for about a month. Then on May 31 he sought care for fever, headache, dizziness, cough, nausea and diarrhea. Five days later, he was hospitalized and required ongoing oxygen support. He was tested again for Covid-19 and the results were positive.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  10. Introverted1293

+2,448
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    [​IMG]

A 25-year-old Nevada man appears to be the first documented case of Covid-19 reinfection in the United States.
    Genetic tests indicate the patient was infected with two different varieties of the virus, a team at the University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine and the Nevada State Public Health Laboratory reported.

The patient was first diagnosed with coronavirus in April after he had a sore throat, cough, headache, nausea and diarrhea, the researchers wrote in a pre-print study posted Thursday. He got better around April 27, and he tested negative for the virus twice afterwards.

He continued to feel well for about a month. Then on May 31 he sought care for fever, headache, dizziness, cough, nausea and diarrhea. Five days later, he was hospitalized and required ongoing oxygen support. He was tested again for Covid-19 and the results were positive.

Nevada man had Covid-19 twice[/QUOTE]

That is scary. But I guess I need to know that. I need to know what we are dealing with. Thank you.

11. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+6,911
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    No matter my beliefs on masks, I need to express my disagreement with the statement of it just being a bad cold. While it certainly is that way for some, others are impacted quite severely. Right now, for example, I am very very worried since there is an outbreak of COVID at my grandma’s nursing home. It is very likely that those infected (which are spreading rapidly) will experience more than “a bad cold” and will be in serious and at time life threatening condition. Not all will be that way, but those with low immune systems are much more likely. At that time, they can’t just decide to improve their immune system that much, and often there are other circumstances for others outside of the elderly. To say blank statement that it is just a bad cold is a strong overstatement and is calloused to those who experienced it in much stronger ways than a cold or even bad flu.

12. Scottish Highlander

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    US-Constitution
    [statement retracted]

13. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+2,347
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Just don't live in fear. Whatever happens, just give it to God.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+6,869
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    No. The Yersinia pestis organism cannot penetrate cloth. It has yet to be proven to be passed by air at all. People didn't realize it was spread by rodent fleas. The fleas much prefer rodents to humans, but if given the choice of a dead rodent and a live human, they will go to the human. That's how it's spread. It still occurs in the Southwest United States, and in Asia from time to time, because the disease remains endemic in rodents in those places. It's unwise to handle a dead rodent for that reason.

But we do know that viruses are greatly reduced in the air by masks. That's why OR personnel wear them. Not perfectly, but the fact that one needs a "minimum infectious dose" to get the disease makes masks a very sensible and useful protection.

Of course no one knew any of these things in the Middle Ages. The same ignorance applies today among many uninformed people who don't wear masks and ignore social distancing, and then people wonder why so many people are getting the virus. I would think that people today would know better but I guess not. Masks have been repeatedly demonstrated in ORs to be effective in reducing viral load.

But we will always have the ignorant among us, and they are keeping the pandemic going.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. Running2win

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yep. It was Spring of 2019. They didn't have a specific test for it then (at least that they were sharing with the public). Really was bad in my lungs, which is what they say covid attacks.

16. Running2win

+451
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    [​IMG]

Nevada man had Covid-19 twice[/QUOTE]

This is common with any flu type virus'. If you have a bad immunity or you are run down by stress, too much work, etc.

We get a vaccine, it will not be a cure all. It will probably work on less than 50%, and it will have to be tinkered with every year. Immune compromised will die off and then the death rate will be like the flu. You can't contain a flu virus.

17. WanderedHome

WanderedHome Member

+218
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I think a lot of people wear masks because of social/governmental pressure. As a non-masker, what has been your experience interacting with people in public? Have people confronted you or have you been left alone?

18. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,662
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Most businesses in my area require masks ... they say if they don't they can be shut down. I don't go anywhere much other than shopping maybe once every 10 days or so. Not a big deal to me as I am a "home body" anyway.

I agree with you ... what other people choose to do during personal time is their business ... but ... "shops" that require them people should adhere to that requirement. Everybody needs "supplies" ... don't want all the businesses shutting down.

19. Berean Tim

Berean Tim Active Member

+132
    Christian
    Single
    Control. It's all about control.

20. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+6,869
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Given that masks are effective (or else OR personnel wouldn't be using them) and that we don't actually have a Constitutional right to go without masks, I'd say it would be a rather pointless "control" step for any wannabee dictator.

Besides, the most prominent would-be dictator, doesn't even approve of masks:
    [​IMG]