United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
santalucia said:
I thought that article looked familiar. I saw it in the Denver Post last week end. I guess it got around.

Cool. So what do you think about the article?

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sounds like new age creeping in the church. Building a bridge to all faiths. Here is an sentence from a taize website
" There are, however, characteristics of the Taizé prayer that can be useful in understanding its dynamics. The distinguishing marks include repetition and silence and the insertion of these into the liturgy. "
Here is Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Prayer ,praise and worship should be alive, heartfelt,vibrant , corporate and personal all at the same time..Blessings..Kim

Upvote 0
S

santalucia

Holly3278 said:
Cool. So what do you think about the article?

Well...I don't think too much of the mainline denominations, and it sounds like these 2 are not typical. The Episcopal Church, well I can't really say what I think of the Episcopal Church, it probably wouldn't be allowed. (The entire Church that is, not this particular one.They are rather mild compared to some others.)
That Lutheran Church sounds like it is definitely on the right track, but I don't hold out such hopes for the entire denomination, my guess is that this church will eventually leave the mainline.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
santalucia said:
Well...I don't think too much of the mainline denominations, and it sounds like these 2 are not typical. The Episcopal Church, well I can't really say what I think of the Episcopal Church, it probably wouldn't be allowed. (The entire Church that is, not this particular one.They are rather mild compared to some others.)
That Lutheran Church sounds like it is definitely on the right track, but I don't hold out such hopes for the entire denomination, my guess is that this church will eventually leave the mainline.

Ah ok. Thank you for your opinion. :) I'm not really sure that I even have an opinion on this article. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.