This is kind of neat. Humor me and participate?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is anyone taking this too seriously, though, Michie? I found the test on Wrong Planet, an ASD forum. I was/am curious to see who differs from me the most, and who is most like me. My fascination with numbers and experiments has me creating averages and using you guys and gals in a personal OBOB study; just something I'm interested in; hope you all don't mind! It's very interesting to me that this has done some pretty cool things: it has confirmed my diagnoses (not that I needed it to, but I honestly don't know how I would have reacted had it said the opposite!); it has shown LoAmmi to have some mild characteristics, which he had known and suspected, but not necessarily anything ASD; and it has confirmed, thus far, that males are typically more ASD than females (4:1 ratio for those diagnosed). I don't know why Mike's score being so incredibly NT shocked me; it makes sense.
Oh I get it. I find it interesting as well. No matter the quiz I always do a reminder that quizzes on the net should be seen as just that. It does not take away from the value people find in them. I'm curious though... when you went through testing did you get numbers similar to this? I'm just asking because of my nephew.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have always had snow/static vision. No known cause for it; there's nothing wrong with my eyes or brain that would cause it (maybe the cyst that I had or was thought to have, but that isn't even there anymore, if it ever really was). The flashes started happening in 2008; again I got my eyes checked, and again nothing was found to be wrong with my eyes. Not too long ago I had my MRI and that checked out, so good there. The tinnitus started in 2009. I got my ears tested and I have phenomenal hearing. I argued with the doctor that there must be something snd he was adament that anyone should be happy with me hearing, that he wanted my hearing, and there was nothing physically wrong. I've never exposed myself to too much loud noise. I'm a huge ear protection guy, as I hate loud noises. None of this added up or made sense. I now wonder if this is related to my ASD. I wonder if my perceived tinnitus is typical white noise that my ears and brain picks up on more profoundly than others because of being sensitive to noise. I wonder if the odd visual phenomenons are ASD related.
I'll let you know how my husband's MRI turns out.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
There was no huge quiz. There's observation, talk therapy, and criteria you have to meet. There's Q&A, but not really like the quiz in this thread. But as far as similar results, yes, I was off the charts as I am here.

These are the criteria.
CDC | Diagnostic Criteria | Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) | NCBDDD

You don't get to diagnose with Q&A alone. Mine was in conjunction with the therapists findings. She also used the notes from my MD.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
This is much more like what I answered Michie. I score 43 on this, by the way. I'd say talk to his parents, see if you can get him to sit for a moment, and get a general idea. At the end of the day the criteria I posted for you must be met and the therapist must believe she or he identifies it.

Autism / Asperger's Quiz

Edit: 43 means nothing without context. I believe it was 34 and up was ASD found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I understand, there are going to be several tests with hour or two intervals & repeated again. He will be tested for Autism & Aspergers along with several other things. They are working with a psychiatrist. They moved it up to January. There was more they were looking into. Maybe that's the reason. I don't bring it up unless it is brought up. His mom gets stressed out just talking about it.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
They're testing for other things because A LOT - but not always - of the time ASD is accompanied by other disorders like ADD/ADHD, Tourette's, schizophrenia, etc. I was ruled out as having Tourette's because my facial tic's aren't involuntary, they're compulsion as a self shooting technique called stims. I was also tested for schizophrenia because of my paranoia but I didn't fit that either; my paranoia is mild and the typical Aspie type.

I have to take a 6 hour memory test at Neuro Psych in Peoria in March. I AM NOT looking forward to that.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They're testing for other things because A LOT - but not always - of the time ASD is accompanied by other disorders like ADD/ADHD, Tourette's, schizophrenia, etc. I was ruled out as having Tourette's because my facial tic's aren't involuntary, they're compulsion as a self shooting technique called stims. I was also tested for schizophrenia because of my paranoia but I didn't fit that either; my paranoia is mild and the typical Aspie type.

I have to take a 6 hour memory test at Neuro Psych in Peoria in March. I AM NOT looking forward to that.
I'm very curious about how his tests will turn out. I'll be sure to let you know.

Did you get your son tested?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm going to. She observed him focusing immensely on a Lego ship he brought with. He took it apart over and over again and rebuilt it perfectly. He also repeated the last bits of some sentences and words that were said to him. With me having it and my grandfather having had it, it's definitely got to happen, and she recommends it. There's a couple cases of severe autism on my mom's side, but we are just mild, simple Aspies.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Antigone: if you look at our scores, we are literally the almost exact opposite. Imagine being locked in a room together for a day! *shudders*

tumblr_n5m5cvaqKl1re4rrxo4_250.gif

We'd communicate exclusively in GIFs.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This is much more like what I answered Michie. I score 43 on this, by the way. I'd say talk to his parents, see if you can get him to sit for a moment, and get a general idea. At the end of the day the criteria I posted for you must be met and the therapist must believe she or he identifies it.

Autism / Asperger's Quiz

Edit: 43 means nothing without context. I believe it was 34 and up was ASD found.

I scored a 37 on this one. Catching up with you with each quiz. ;)

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Do you have any sensory problems? Like for example I can't touch many everyday things, such as yarn, paper towels, certain clothing, cardboard (and construction paper and crayons), wooden pencils at the shaved portion, Q-tips unless they've been soaked in water, etc. With most carpets I can't walk across them barefoot because they feel so bad on against my feet that I have to get them wet and rub them against a smooth surface. Same with those things I can't touch; if I do I have to get the affected spot wet, sometimes so instantly that I use spit, and I need to touch something smooth. It's a foul feeling that I can't explain, but I also get the chills. I can feel what I touch in my mouth as well (when it causes a sensory overload they makes me freak out), and my mouth conforms and twists up because it just can't handle the sensation. I can't eat cereal with those marshmallow thingys like Lucky Charms because the marshmallow between my teeth makes such a bad sound and feels so yucky that my body tingles and gets chills, and again twists up. Certain touches and sounds go together, like wooden pencils and the sound they make when used. If I'm brave enough to use a wooden pencil, the feeling of the shaved part, plus the sound the pencil is making on paper, is sensory overload. I couldn't participate in wood shop in school because of this, or home economics. Back then I didn't know why I had these issues and I didn't tell my teachers because they seemed so far fetched and stupid to me that nobody would "get it", and so I failed those classes. Do you know that "scratchy" paint people sometimes use of their walls? Not the smooth good kind? My wife painted a room in scratchy paint day awhile back while I was at work. I came home and it looked nice. I touched one of the dried portions and had a meltdown, calling her horrible things and screaming like a child because how dare she paint my walls with that crap! Had it stayed I wouldn't have ever been able to touch a wall in that room again.

Light and sound sensory issues are much more mild. I don't like bright light - I have to wear sunglasses outside, and those bright white type of lights people use inside give me a headache after awhile. Loud sudden noises either scare me or make me lash out. I pick up on the smallest noises and conversations that nobody else picks up on. The most recent example of this that really describes what I mean is, when the grain elevators were still going in town (4 weeks ago maybe), I could hear them in the distance at night and it kept me up. To me it sounded like a jet engine outside of my house. To my wife she could barely hear it at all and didn't understand why I couldn't sleep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I remember as a child being sick and laying on a sofa and really hating the way it felt. I wanted to get up but I couldn't at that point. I guess I sometimes get that, but it's usually when I'm tired or impaired in some way. Bright light is right out though. My wife's mother loves to open the curtains at her house and can't understand why I hate it.

Upvote 0

Dylan Michael

Senior Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Central Florida
✟14,992.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm a late comer to the thread, but I too have Aspergers.
I remember being tested in first grade by the school psychologist for a battery of things. IQ, Aspergers, OCD, anxiety, and probably other stuff. I don't remember it too well.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 140 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 93 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

poly12e.php

Upvote 0