Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some of the Alaska tv programs such as "The Last Frontier," "Life Below Zero" and "Port Protection" show living using basic skills - collecting water from springs, hunting, fishing, building their cabins n camps, growing some of their food sometimes container gardening , etc Some don't reside in the wilderness 100% of the time. These folks have pretty amazing skills for living and providing for themselves. They learned by reading, talking with others and doing tasks. Noticed that most are thankful for what they have. Some acknowledge God in nature (Rom 1:18-22).

When I'm concerned about the time in a fast food pickup lane, I think about them hunting or fishing all day then hopefully there is game to clean and make a fire to cook their food and warm themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There's fewer heirloom seed companies now than 5 years ago. Got to wonder WHO is behind it?
The minute a corporation takes a seed and modifies it it becomes patentable. I personally don't agree with this as if someone takes my copyrighted photo and modifies and uses it it does not give them the right to claim it as their creation. So why would seeds be any different. God (or nature if you are not a believer) made them for all. The main changes made now with garden seeds for non-commercial use is that they will not self reproduce from year to year, and many of the seeds now will hardly germinate. I guess they think people only do it for a hobby and won't mind inferior products where failure to grow can be blamed on so many conditions. I know my mother who used to always have a couple of huge gardens on the farm (that guess who had to hoe) would be spinning in her grave if she knew the situation today.

Upvote 0

Salvadore

Feb 2, 2020
Nashville
✟40,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Where is she? Her soil seems to have a different composition than the soil in my area -- she's able to make firm vertical walls and horizontal ledges, instead of having the dirt just collapse in.

In any case, pretty impressive.

She has adapted to her environment very well.

Upvote 0