United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Barbarian said:
He lost his nerve when protestors showed up around the WH, wildly imagining "terrorists and car bombs" (neither of which actually were there). So he fled to his bunker.

Then, when news media commented on it, he felt the need to show some "strength." So he had federal forces attack a peacefully-assembled group of citizens with gas and rubber bullets so he could have a photo op in front of a church, waving a Bible.

What's astounding is that he actually thought it would make him more popular.

Cool story.

It gets better. The story changed yet again:

President Trump on Wednesday denied that he was rushed to an underground bunker at the White House as protests grew violent on Friday evening, claiming he only visited the space briefly during the day.

“It was a false report,” Trump told Fox News’s Brian Kilmeade during a radio interview Wednesday morning, insisting that he went down to the bunker to “inspect” it during the day and not during the protests at night.

“I went down during the day and I was there for a tiny, little, short period of time and it was much more for inspection,” Trump said. “These problems are during the night, not during the day.”

Trump claims he visited bunker briefly during the day to 'inspect' it

It's not that he lies so much, it's that when he changes his lies, he actually expects us to believe him, as he tells different stories over time.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That photo op was such a waste of time. I think I can count on one hand the number of people who would cast a vote for him come November strictly because of it whether everything else was going on or not.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Credos4Christ

7 days without prayer makes 1 weak.
Feb 14, 2020
East-Coast
✟23,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm thinking that this was more about self-reassurance than anything else. It seems from the words and facial expressions of his people, that they weren't very happy about it.

Donald does tend to be a fragile man, so I wouldn't put past him that this was a bit of an impromptu 'affirmation' of sorts. We've seen through his life that Donald can't help self promotion: he made an entire brand out of that alone. When the bottom dropped out on several of his New York businesses, Donald relied on the public's impression that he was a dazzling billionaire and successful entertainer.

In all reality, the effects of this stunt will have no bearing on election night, but it's interesting he took this approach instead of trying to hamper tensions with meaningful steps towards resolving the ongoing problems that caused those tensions in the first place.

This is to go without mentioning, of course, that when asked to provide his favorite verses from his "favorite book" (AKA, the Bible), Trump declined by stating it was "very personal":

I have no insights as to Trump's mind or his personal relationship with God, but something doesn't add up when he makes no attempt to state something as simple as a Bible verse, especially given his litany of offenses against the Christian faith (including a time the president autographed Bibles in Alabama).

It seems to me at times his faith (whether genuine or duplicitous) is weaponized for politics' sake because the republican party tends to hinge on a highly evangelical base: Donald knows this and he apparently will go to great lengths to keep that demographic under wraps.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Donald knows this and he apparently will go to great lengths to keep that demographic under wraps.

I don't think that there will be a significant defection of evangelicals from Trump; they've invested so much in him, even his blatantly anti-Christian behavior won't budge them.

Reactions: Credos4Christ
Upvote 0

Credos4Christ

7 days without prayer makes 1 weak.
Feb 14, 2020
East-Coast
✟23,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think that there will be a significant defection of evangelicals from Trump; they've invested so much in him, even his blatantly anti-Christian behavior won't budge them.

Unfortunately not.

It seemed plausible when a few evangelical sources (like Christianity Today), gave him what-for, but it those fleeting reprimands vanished and, before long, it was back to business as usual for Donald and his deceivers.

A man with such a salacious appetite probably shouldn't be the poster child for Christianity in the United States, but he evidently is. As far as I can tell, Donald's modus operandi of stressing pro-life policies and a habit of benching conservative judges is all he needs to sustain to keep evangelicals readily at his disposal.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL the French trying to lecture anyone on how someone wants to be seen is laughable. The last time they waited to act for fear of how they would look - the answer came in the form of a Panzer
LOL, using an ad hominem instead of addressing what's said. The last time someone tried to do that that it was pointed out that that's actually a fallacy, not an answer. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL, using an ad hominem instead of addressing what's said. The last time someone tried to do that that it was pointed out that that's actually a fallacy, not an answer. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

my apologies you interpreted it that way. I certainly didn’t mean it. I know it must have taken you a lot of time and effort to find a French newspaper that would say something that strikes your fancy.

please forgive me.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my apologies you interpreted it that way. I certainly didn’t mean it.
Not a problem! :wave:

I know it must have taken you a lot of time and effort to find a French newspaper that would say something that strikes your fancy.
Not really, I found it while looking up something else.

please forgive me.
Always bro, never doubt that for a minute. :clap:
tulc(always enjoys sparring/posting with hislegacy!) ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,823.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is amazing how some people think that they are able to read PRESIDENT Donald Trump's mind. What do they call that? Sorcery, Witchcraft, Soothsaying?
Good old discernment and common sense.
Easier to predulict when people lack depth.

Upvote 0