Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is amazing how some people think that they are able to read PRESIDENT Donald Trump's mind. What do they call that? Sorcery, Witchcraft, Soothsaying?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This Is How Trump Wants to Be Seen - Tounesna News

tulc(suspects someones bone spurs are acting up again) :wave:
ABC World News Tonight had a good segment towards the middle of the broadcast on what Trump did there at St. Johns, with A.G. Barr doing an ugly thing also. It's informative. President Bush spoke up on all this situation also, btw, which is of interest.
It will be available at some point here:
ABC News

Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ya know the media no longer reports news but tries to fabricate it. Left wing tv is trying to place the blame of this incident on Trump. Correlation & causation are not the same so they don't admit their own bias. It was a rogue cop-a really bad one & I smell a rat that probably goes much higher. I'm sick of black people being picked on for occupying space. Because it keeps being sanctioned, it must be institutionalized & most big cities in America are run by the democrats. Now we have a handful of states totally out of control. Normal action would be to send the national guard to clean out the rioters. But those in charge seem to want their cities to burn--so that they could somehow gain some political advantage. Who is an expert at stopping this stuff? You can't. No person on this earth can solve this problem-they like to think they can, but they are not God. They are just all a bunch of narcissists. Where I would give Trump credit is to call out the national guard because we should not let these cities with all their resources burn down because where will the folks do to get their basics? But the lust for power is so great. We are a broken country.

• Winner
Reactions: Stfiremedic
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is amazing how some people think that they are able to read PRESIDENT Donald Trump's mind. What do they call that? Sorcery, Witchcraft, Soothsaying?
...or it could just be pointing out his actions speak a lot louder then any sort of "stand with peaceful protesters" speeches he makes. No one has to "read his mind" when it's pretty obvious what he's doing. :eek:
tulc(is going to fetch more coffee soon)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ya know the media no longer reports news but tries to fabricate it. Left wing tv is trying to place the blame of this incident on Trump. Correlation & causation are not the same so they don't admit their own bias. It was a rogue cop-a really bad one & I smell a rat that probably goes much higher. I'm sick of black people being picked on for occupying space. Because it keeps being sanctioned, it must be institutionalized & most big cities in America are run by the democrats. Now we have a handful of states totally out of control. Normal action would be to send the national guard to clean out the rioters. But those in charge seem to want their cities to burn--so that they could somehow gain some political advantage. Who is an expert at stopping this stuff? You can't. No person on this earth can solve this problem-they like to think they can, but they are not God. They are just all a bunch of narcissists. Where I would give Trump credit is to call out the national guard because we should not let these cities with all their resources burn down because where will the folks do to get their basics? But the lust for power is so great. We are a broken country.
...was any of the above about the OP? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0

Stfiremedic

May 4, 2020
Montross
✟23,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
deleted The link in the OP is blather.

The second is intellectually dishonest. Common sense tells us that the Secret Service, who are in charge of protecting the most powerful office in the world, makes the decision to go to a bunker or remove the president from a situation. If the president does not comply the Secret Service will forcibly move him to a secure location. The position of the president is held by one man not 535 members of Congress and not nine Supreme Court justices, one man. The Secret Service is tasked with protecting that man regardless of who it is whether it is Donald Trump, Barack Obama, George Bush, or Bill Clinton, etc.

Gratuitous statements like those made by the OP but serve to provoke the ignorant to further divide not just America, but all of humanity for political power and gain.

All Christians, whether they like Donald Trump or not, should be praying for him and this country to do the correct thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: lordjeff
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The second is intellectually dishonest. Common sense tells us that the Secret Service, who are in charge of protecting the most powerful office in the world, makes the decision to go to a bunker or remove the president from a situation. If the president does not comply the Secret Service will forcibly move him to a secure location. The position of the president is held by one man not 535 members of Congress and not nine Supreme Court justices, one man. The Secret Service is tasked with protecting that man regardless of who it is whether it is Donald Trump, Barack Obama, George Bush, or Bill Clinton, etc.

Gratuitous statements like those made by the OP but serve to provoke the ignorant to further divide not just America, but all of humanity for political power and gain.

All Christians, whether they like Donald Trump or not, should be praying for him and this country to do the correct thing.

Obey scriptural teaching and don't put your trust (faith, trust, hope) in a president, nor a pope, nor any mortal man, but only in our Lord alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...in perhaps. But it is what this thread is about. :wave:

The second is intellectually dishonest. Common sense tells us that the Secret Service, who are in charge of protecting the most powerful office in the world, makes the decision to go to a bunker or remove the president from a situation. If the president does not comply the Secret Service will forcibly move him to a secure location.
Interesting...If you'd like to discuss Secret Service procedures shouldn't you start your own thread about that? Because I don't remember reading in there about the Secret Service doing that.

The position of the president is held by one man not 535 members of Congress and not nine Supreme Court justices, one man. The Secret Service is tasked with protecting that man regardless of who it is whether it is Donald Trump, Barack Obama, George Bush, or Bill Clinton, etc.
They're also responsible for investigating counterfeiters, so I'm not sure what your point is here. Maybe your thread could be about the jobs the Secret Service have? That might be an interesting thread.

Well...I do like to think I'm doing my bit to help out so...thanks? :sorry:

there's no reason we can't pray and criticize. I like to think I'm pretty good at multi tasking. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(can pray, criticize and drink coffee...all at the same time!) :coffee:

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That was a Secret Service call.
It was a Secret Service call but Trump's reaction to the criticism was an ego call. The march to St John's was a reaction to that criticism. Trump was trying to "act" tough but it was an act. He should have gone out and met with protesters and listened to them, like a good leader does.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah you're right. It was a Trump call to go to the bunker.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It was a Secret Service call but Trump's reaction to the criticism was an ego call. The march to St John's was a reaction to that criticism. Trump was trying to "act" tough but it was an act. He should have gone out and met with protesters and listened to them, like a good leader does.
I was responding to the one post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

That was a Secret Service call.
White House sources indicate that the President was irritated by the stories that he was spending time in the White House basement bunker, so on Monday afternoon he started a discussion as to how he could present a higher profile!

The decision to go to St, John's Episcopal Church, without informing the appropriate members of the clergy, was made by Trump himself and it was Attorney General Barr who made the arrangements to have federal officers from the Park Service, not Washington police, clear the Square more than 30 minutes before the city curfew was to take effect!

Once again the Trump Administration had difficulty getting its story straight and initially accused the protesters of pelting them with water bottles - what was caught on film were officers charging into the crowd and punching an Australian cameraman in the face, which will surely will make the newscasts around the world!

Reporters covering the President's short address in the Rose Garden heard the "whiz-bangs," and smelled the tear gas as they Circle was being cleared of peaceful protesters exercising their 1st Amendment constitutional rights, all for this President's "photo op!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He lost his nerve when protestors showed up around the WH, wildly imagining "terrorists and car bombs" (neither of which actually were there). So he fled to his bunker.

Then, when news media commented on it, he felt the need to show some "strength." So he had federal forces attack a peacefully-assembled group of citizens with gas and rubber bullets so he could have a photo op in front of a church, waving a Bible.

What's astounding is that he actually thought it would make him more popular.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He lost his nerve when protestors showed up around the WH, wildly imagining "terrorists and car bombs" (neither of which actually were there). So he fled to his bunker.

Then, when news media commented on it, he felt the need to show some "strength." So he had federal forces attack a peacefully-assembled group of citizens with gas and rubber bullets so he could have a photo op in front of a church, waving a Bible.

What's astounding is that he actually thought it would make him more popular.
Cool story.

Upvote 0