• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

This is going to seem ridiculous... but please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObeseAsianBarbie

TheCoolestFatty (Racheal)
Mar 14, 2004
-thinks- Oh gosh... I'm lost!
✟7,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ok this is gona sound really dumb since I'm so young, but lately I've been having some struggles.

Lately, one of my friends has been very open about how he feels towards me. Except, he doesn't feel anything emotionally, he just feels things sexually. He tells me that he thinks about being with me all the time and he keeps asking for a "chance."

But when I don't give into him, he gets really sad and claims that I hate him and stuff. ahh and then he starts getting depressed and it makes me feel really guilty.

So sometimes I consider him, but I know I shouldn't. I've always told myself I'm going to save myself until marriage, but recently I've began to doubt myself... I've even began to doubt whether I even want to keep my virginity until marriage... this sounds awful, eh?

So does anyone have any advice, or could you at least pray that I stop being so... ridiculous?

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
He's just trying to play you.. Just stand back from all of this and really look at it.. you have all the info. you mentioned he only desires you physically.. and he's strong enough emotionally to ask for "it" but seems devestated when he's rejected... no, no, no... This is all a game to him he just tugging at your heart strings to get what he wants.. and after you say no and if he still presists then he's not a friend.. he's a hunter,player or what ever you like to call it..
Put some distance between you and him now, or he will after you've been played!

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
He is just wanting you for sex. Who you are what your values are, what you think, believe and value are not important to him.

Sure, sex can be alluring - it's meant to be. But you will end up short changed if all that sex involves is physical passion and not real love and committment.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
chilibowl said:
He's just trying to play you.. Just stand back from all of this and really look at it.. you have all the info. you mentioned he only desires you physically.. and he's strong enough emotionally to ask for "it" but seems devestated when he's rejected... no, no, no... This is all a game to him he just tugging at your heart strings to get what he wants.. and after you say no and if he still presists then he's not a friend.. he's a hunter,player or what ever you like to call it..
Put some distance between you and him now, or he will after you've been played!

I agree...he is just playing your emotions. He knows that if he makes you feel bad and guilty...you might give in. Guys are sooo good at that....

Upvote 0

DQlover2003

Veteran
Nov 30, 2003
FL
Visit site
✟9,157.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
ObeseAsianBarbie said:
Ok this is gona sound really dumb since I'm so young, but lately I've been having some struggles.

Lately, one of my friends has been very open about how he feels towards me. Except, he doesn't feel anything emotionally, he just feels things sexually. He tells me that he thinks about being with me all the time and he keeps asking for a "chance."

But when I don't give into him, he gets really sad and claims that I hate him and stuff. ahh and then he starts getting depressed and it makes me feel really guilty.

So sometimes I consider him, but I know I shouldn't. I've always told myself I'm going to save myself until marriage, but recently I've began to doubt myself... I've even began to doubt whether I even want to keep my virginity until marriage... this sounds awful, eh?

So does anyone have any advice, or could you at least pray that I stop being so... ridiculous?

I agree...put some distance between you!

I know it is hard when you see 'fruit' dangling right in front of you face and it looks so delicious but if you 'pick and eat' before marriage it will be sour and unripe. If you wait till marriage it will a wonderful experiance with nothing tainting it. i strongly encourage you to wait and I will keep you in my prayers. One thing that helps me when I struggle is having a prayer partner. Do you have one? I am able to call her anytime I need some encouragement. I recomend an older lady (like a mentor.) Feel free to PM if you have anything if you need any encouragement! :hug: You can overcome!

Philippians 4:13 (New International Version)

13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And I would like to add a side note. Once you open the door to sex...you cannot close it again. It is a desire that will always be with you can can rule and ruin your life if you let it....so my advise...please wait. If I could be a virgin again...I would give anything.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.