Married
Politics
US-Others

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In view of the way events are trending, I am really beginning to wonder if blacks and whites are capable of living in harmony with one another. I wonder if they even can?

Unrest in Minnesota town offers warning to other U.S. suburbs, experts say (msn.com)
If there's spiritual transformation, not reforming but transformation by the power of God and the LIFE of God in their spirits then they can. And truly born again children of the Most High God who are new creatures in Christ 2 Cor 5:17 whether their skin color is black or white DO get along RIGHT NOW if the obey God and walk in the Spirit. Gal 5:16

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'd say that we can. As an American who's lived abroad in countries where people of different colors were capable of living harmoniously I'd posit that this is exclusively an American problem unfortunately. We just don't see these types of stories coming from other countries where people of different ethnicities live together.

Of course my experiences are my own, but I've not seen any evidence of there being a similar problem elsewhere in the world.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,061.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As an American who's lived abroad in countries where people of different colors were capable of living harmoniously I'd posit that this is exclusively an American problem unfortunately.
Its everywhere. Multiculturalism does not work when a minority grows over 10%.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is possible. It requires MUTUAL empathy, compassion, respect, LOVE, and Christ-like exchange of ideas. Right now, many of us are playing the Blame Game and the Oppression Olympics in order to 'win.'

It is all in The Holy Bible. I HIGHLY recommend reading the following Bible passages, especially the underlined ones:

Our Common Humanity: Galatians 3:28, Genesis 1:26-28, James 1:1, John 3:16.
Christ-like Conduct: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, (Exodus 20:1-17 & Romans 13:8-10), Galatians 5:13-26, Hebrews 13:1-19, James 1:1-27, John 13:1-17, John 14:15-31, 1 John 4:7-21, Luke 12:13-21, 16:1-15, Matthew 5:1-7:29, 12:22-37, 25:31-46, 1 Peter 3:12-17, Proverbs 16:18.
The Power of Words: James 3:1-18, Matthew 12:22-37, 1 Peter 3:12-17, Proverbs 6:16-19, 11:9, 12:8, 12:13-14, 13:3, 15:1, 15:4, 16:18, 16:24, 18:4, 18:20-21, 19:5, 21:23, 25:18, 26:20.
False Teachers & Hypocrisy: John 16:1-4, 1 John 4:1-21, Matthew 5:1-7:29, 12:22-37, 15:1-20, 23:1-39, 2 Peter 2:1-22, Proverbs 16:18, 1 Timothy 6:3-10, 2 Timothy 3:1-17, 4:1-8.
Respect Authority: Hebrews 13:1-19, 1 Peter 2:11-25, Romans 13:1-7.

...And much, MUCH more!

It is much reading, I know, but if anyone truly loves God and desires to be part of the solution, instead of part of the problem, then read, study, and KNOW Scripture on a daily basis. Politically charged sermons and conspiracy websites are NOT reliable and SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!!!

Take care, stay safe, and God bless!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Its everywhere. Multiculturalism does not work when a minority grows over 10%.

I respectfully disagree. Love of one another is greater than any cultural divides, or differences.

In addition as I've mentioned I lived in the UK where there were sizeable minorities amongst a pre-dominantly Caucasian population, and people did quite well; especially when compared to the US.

I've also lived in countries where I was the minority. Once again I, and the population there co-existed just fine.

• Agree
Reactions: BrAndreyu
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd say that we can. As an American who's lived abroad in countries where people of different colors were capable of living harmoniously I'd posit that this is exclusively an American problem unfortunately. We just don't see these types of stories coming from other countries where people of different ethnicities live together.

Of course my experiences are my own, but I've not seen any evidence of there being a similar problem elsewhere in the world.
Sadly, when some people of differing groups in some places do not get along, one thing is for sure, that's not only an American problem. (in fact, America is merely under a microscope that is much more intense, and news about America is widely followed around the world)
e.g. pick another nation at random -- Racial violence statistics - Institute of Race Relations
Or...pick almost any other nation where multiple races have been together, and then it's only about looking more closely through more of the history.

BUT, I agree it's very easy to get along with other races (see my post just above), I also want to say that in America, we seem to do fairly well in real life (in actual real neighborhoods in many places).

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,061.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I respectfully disagree. Love of one another is greater than any cultural divides, or differences.

In addition as I've mentioned I lived in the UK where there were sizeable minorities amongst a pre-dominantly Caucasian population, and people did quite well; especially when compared to the US.

I've also lived in countries where I was the minority. Once again I, and the population there co-existed just fine.
Personal experience is not too relevant. There are many places you can live "ok" in the UK and where not, for example in some muslim parts of London.

As there are many places you can live totally fine in the US and many places you cannot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In view of the way events are trending, I am really beginning to wonder if blacks and whites are capable of living in harmony with one another. I wonder if they even can?

Unrest in Minnesota town offers warning to other U.S. suburbs, experts say (msn.com)
I think the illness that is Minneapolis has spread to inner ring suburbs. And that because the illness that is Minneapolis has concurrently affected Hennepin County. The guy in the story sounds like he wants to escape Hennepin County by going farther North maybe into Sherburne County. And that might work OK for him. Or he might need to go a whole lot farther.

Minneapolis has been controlled by one party for as long as I can remember. Way back it was very Nordic, very anti-Semitic. But for the last 50 years at least the Nordic part changed. And the political affiliation became solid Democrat. And like so many one party locations it has suffered for it. THAT is the problem, not that people from different ethnic groups can't get along. They can. But Minneapolis is a powder-keg because only varieties of leftism are allowed there.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Personal experience is not too relevant. There are many places you can live "ok" in the UK and where not, for example in some muslim parts of London.

As there are many places you can live totally fine in the US and many places you cannot.

You might need to see this about the UK:
Racial violence statistics - Institute of Race Relations

Perhaps you simply lived in an area like mine here in the U.S. -- a location/region/town/city with plenty of racial harmony.

I'd question if the violence these statistics is citing is due in fact to actual racism, or is it due to people just being violent regardless of the race of the victim.

I truly do believe that if we look upon one another as we were told to by Christ as brothers, and sisters our racial biases, and cultural differences would cease to be an issue. We were all created in the image of God regardless of our color, and should treat one another as such.

That said I'll bow out here. I'm still partaking of Great Lent, and really this isn't a debate forum; so I shouldn't be debating here. For that I apologize; please forgive me.

if anyone would like me to edit, or delete my posts I certainly will do so without hesitation.

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If there's spiritual transformation, not reforming but transformation by the power of God and the LIFE of God in their spirits then they can. And truly born again children of the Most High God who are new creatures in Christ 2 Cor 5:17 whether their skin color is black or white DO get along RIGHT NOW if the obey God and walk in the Spirit. Gal 5:16

I agree, but not everyone in this country (or any country) is open to the Christian message and the transforming behavior that it brings. This is not a race issue, it's a culture issue. I'm fond of telling people that we are not living in Mayberry in 1959 any more....what we're living in now is closer to Dodge City in 1868. And since everyone has a constitutional right to believe in Christianity or something else, or nothing, we're going to have this problem. People live better together when they all pretty much believe the same things and share the same views, more or less. When they don't, there is friction.

Shi'ites and Kurds. Turks and Armenians. Hutus and Tutsis. Serbs and Bosnians. Vietnamese and Hmongs. Zulus and Afrikaners. Germans and Jews. Muslims and Hindus. Chinese and Japanese. North Koreans and South Koreans.

American problem? No, sorry.

It is possible. It requires MUTUAL empathy, compassion, respect, LOVE, and Christ-like exchange of ideas.

I agree; however, see my reply to Bobber above.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Shi'ites and Kurds. Turks and Armenians. Hutus and Tutsis. Serbs and Bosnians. Vietnamese and Hmongs. Zulus and Afrikaners. Germans and Jews. Muslims and Hindus. Chinese and Japanese. North Koreans and South Koreans.

American problem? No, sorry.

We'll have to agree to disagree I suppose.

Anyway, please don't bother replying to my post as I'll not answer. You're welcome to the last word if you'd like; that's not my issue, but I've nothing more to contribute to the conversation for the reasons I listed in post #13.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rene Loup

Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree, but not everyone in this country (or any country) is open to the Christian message and the transforming behavior that it brings. This is not a race issue, it's a culture issue. I'm fond of telling people that we are not living in Mayberry in 1959 any more....what we're living in now is closer to Dodge City in 1868. And since everyone has a constitutional right to believe in Christianity or something else, or nothing, we're going to have this problem. People live better together when they all pretty much believe the same things and share the same views, more or less. When they don't, there is friction.

I agree; however, see my reply to Bobber above.

While not towards anyone in particular, the only thing hypocrisy has ever taught is resentment. We all need to lead by example by practicing Judeo-Christian values, proving to the world that they do work.

For example, Cancel Culture is very miserable to live in, even as told by the very people practicing it.[1][2][3] There is always the possibility that you could be next, even for telling a bad joke.[6][7] if people are willing to resort to mob justice for every perceived slight on social media, then sooner or later people are going to decide this is NOT the way to live. The only solution to bad cultures are replacements by or revivals of better ones, like Judeo-Christian culture. Otherwise, these societies will eventually implode on themselves. History is littered with examples.[4][5]

The Lord Jesus Christ did NOT become the most influential man in history by saying, "Do as I say, not as I do." We are saved by faith, yes, but we prove that faith in the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ by making efforts to apply them. Otherwise, it is only hypocrisy and comes across as using salvation as a license to sin (James 2:14-26, John 3:16, 6:25-29, 13:1-20, 14:15-31, Romans 3:9-31).

12 The Lord sees the good people.
He listens to their prayers.
But the Lord is against
those who do evil.” Psalm 34:12-16

13 If you are always trying to do good, no one can really hurt you. 14 But you may suffer for doing right. Even if that happens, you are blessed.

“Don’t be afraid of the things they fear.
Do not dread those things.
15 But respect Christ as the holy Lord in your hearts.” Isaiah 8:12-13

Always be ready to answer everyone who asks you to explain about the hope you have. 16 But answer in a gentle way and with respect. Always feel that you are doing right. Then, those who speak evil of your good life in Christ will be made ashamed. 17 It is better to suffer for doing good than for doing wrong. Yes, it is better, if that is what God wants.
~1 Peter 3:12-17 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 3 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 3 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 3 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 3 - International Children’s Bible

13 My brothers, God called you to be free. But do not use your freedom as an excuse to do the things that please your sinful self. Serve each other with love. 14 The whole law is made complete in this one command: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.” 15 If you go on hurting each other and tearing each other apart, be careful! You will completely destroy each other.

The Spirit and Human Nature
16 So I tell you: Live by following the Spirit. Then you will not do what your sinful selves want. 17 Our sinful selves want what is against the Spirit. The Spirit wants what is against our sinful selves. The two are against each other. So you must not do just what you please. 18 But if you let the Spirit lead you, you are not under the law.

19 The result of sin’s control in our lives is clear. It includes sexual immorality, impurity and wild living, 20 worshiping false gods, doing witchcraft, hating, making trouble, being jealous, being angry, being selfish, making people angry with each other, causing divisions among people, 21 having envy, being drunk, having wild and wasteful parties, and doing other things like this. I warn you now as I warned you before: Those who do these things will not be in God’s kingdom. 22 But the Spirit gives love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. There is no law that says these things are wrong. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their own sinful selves. They have given up their old selfish feelings and the evil things they wanted to do. 25 We get our new life from the Spirit. So we should follow the Spirit. 26 We must not be proud. We must not make trouble with each other. And we must not be jealous of each other.
~Galatians 5:13-27 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 5 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 5 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 5 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 5 - International Children’s Bible

Suffering As a Christian
12 My friends, do not be surprised at the painful things you are now suffering. These things are testing your faith. So do not think that something strange is happening to you. 13 But you should be happy that you are sharing in Christ’s sufferings. You will be happy and full of joy when Christ comes again in glory. 14 When people insult you because you follow Christ, then you are blessed. You are blessed because the glorious Spirit, the Spirit of God, is with you. 15 Do not suffer for murder, theft, or any other crime, nor because you trouble other people. 16 But if you suffer because you are a Christian, then do not be ashamed. You should praise God because you wear that name. 17 It is time for judgment to begin, and it will begin with God’s family. If that judging begins with us, what will happen to those people who do not obey the Good News of God?

18 “It is very hard for a good person to be saved.
Then the wicked person and
the sinner will surely be lost!”

19 So then those who suffer as God wants them to should trust their souls to him. God is the One who made them, and they can trust him. So they should continue to do what is right.
~1 Peter 4:12-19 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 4 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 4 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 4 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Peter 4 - International Children’s Bible
  1. cancel culture
  2. https://open.spotify [dot] com/episode/40C1TzeSXuEnqQomY8ayQW - STRONG LANGUAGE WARNING!!!
  3. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...1912/5-reasons-why-people-love-cancel-culture
  4. http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf - The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1978) - Sir John Bagot Glubb.
  5. List of ancient civilizations
  6. How One Stupid Tweet Blew Up Justine Sacco’s Life (Published 2015) - SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED.
  7. Woman Fired After Tweet on AIDS in Africa Sparks Internet Outrage

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Here in Canada, we also have problems with racism, as do all other parts of the world.[5][6][7] Most of it, however, is directed towards those of First Nations (Native American, for American users) descent.[2][3] The residential school system has really harmed entire generations, even their post-system descendants.[2][4] I can tell you from personal experience, the way they are viewed and treated, is detestable.

I used to harbor some racist feelings towards them, until I watched the 2017 film, Indian Horse.[1] That film completely changed the way I look at them, because it provided me an explanation behind their behaviour where I live. It only required basic human empathy, not a high IQ nor a psychology degree. Because of this, empathy and compassion does wonders, if we are all willing apply it (1 Corinthians 13:1-13, Exodus 20:1-17, Galatians 3:28, Genesis 1:26-28, John 3:16, Matthew 18:1-9, 19:13-15, 25:31-46, Romans 13:8-10).
  1. https://www.imdb [dot] com/title/tt5672286/ - POSSIBLE LANGUAGE WARNING
  2. Prejudice and Discrimination in Canada | The Canadian Encyclopedia
  3. Canada's racism problem? It's even worse than America's.
  4. Residential Schools in Canada | The Canadian Encyclopedia
  5. Roma people: 10 ways Europe's biggest minority faces discrimination
  6. Rwandan Genocide
  7. Foreigners in Japan face significant levels of discrimination, survey shows

On May 1, 2021, at roughly 12:05 AM Eastern Time, I have added Scripture to these disclaimers, and am planning to continue doing so (John 13:1-17, Luke 16:1-15, Matthew 7:13-29).

On April 16, 2021, at roughly 10:30 PM Eastern Time, I have made a minor edit in the citations section. My apologies, I am still learning because I am a flawed human being who is predisposed towards selfishness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I wonder who's fomenting the racial divide and why. At times, a race war seems the goal. But that would just be a means to something else.
I've been thinking the same thing myself. I know that the goal of Satanism is chaos (so that Satanists can rise up and take control of the country/world). But, I don't know any other group that would benefit from total chaos, but I'm sure they're out there.

Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder who's fomenting the racial divide and why. At times, a race war seems the goal. But that would just be a means to something else.
Agree. there are those who are benefiting from having us divided not just among racial/ethnic lines but politically, man/woman -religion, every way else you can think of. Divided we cannot stand. It started with the radical feminist movement when I graduated high school in the early '70s. It's only gotten worse.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0