• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

This has to be the worst timing.

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been on a downspell for a while. Been a minimum a month I've been down (even on medication). I have a possible job opportunity coming up and they will be calling me any day now, along with I've started talking to someone and hopefully start dating her.

I woke up a short bit ago and couldn't go back to sleep. I then realized my mind was racing with hopeful, if not overly possible thoughts, and I was hungry. So now I'm sitting at my desk eating a bowl of cereal and trying to focus. Only time will tell if this is a legit manic swing. Oh and I have a Dr's appointment (annual) Tuesday. >.>

Btw, if I can remember correctly, I only wake up and get something to eat like this during my up-swings.

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Father, I pray for your servant Echolipse, and I ask you to give him peace to sleep and prepare him for his job opportunity coming up. I also pray for his doctor's appointment and for you to provide healing to him through his physicians. In Jesus name I pray.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Father, I pray for your servant Echolipse, and I ask you to give him peace to sleep and prepare him for his job opportunity coming up. I also pray for his doctor's appointment and for you to provide healing to him through his physicians. In Jesus name I pray.

:groupray: :amen:

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know what it's like to have the mood swings too. I also have bipolar. All I can say is you are not alone in what you are going through. I have met a man online and we may meet one day and I'm sort of worried about that.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well things appear to be going great. That little thing appeared to be short lived. I started by new job on my birthday, which was good. I'm really enjoying my job, it's the first time in like 7 years I actually think I'm doing something worth while.

Last weekend, I had the beginning of a manic episode bc I had forgotten to take my medicine for several days on and off. A few minor things occured that have given me hope personally for the future and then on Saturday I noticed the symptoms. I had a psych appointment yesterday with a new Nurse Practitioner at the location. And right off the bat once I told her of the manic episode, she said it sounds like BP2. We decided to give it 3 months due to the new job and she adjusted my meds slightly. But it appears that I may finally get the diagnoses I've been needing.

I think I'm still feeling the affects of the manic episode bc my thoughts are still racing....or it could be me throwing myself into my new job and giving myself like several different things to do (did I mention that for once i really enjoy my job?).

Upvote 0

Hopes

Jun 11, 2013
✟17,810.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if this will help you as I am bipolar 1 but my new doctor (I like this one) anyway he gave me a prescription for some heavier stuff (pills) and if I start having signs of mania like say not sleeping for 2 days I have a box of pills that I can take to calm me down. He wants to keep me out of hospitals and have a plan of what to do if I start going manic again. Ask your doctor if he will do something like that for you. Its worth a shot. Oh and I don't know what mania is like for bipolar two people so we might not be talking about the same animal. For me its serious, and usually there's hospital stays with it.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For me I just have racing thoughts, a crapload of energy, at times have trouble sleeping, and I do have a tendency of spending more than I should. I'm suspecting an idea of mine is a symptom of mania, but not sure. And some symptoms come and go with the mania.

I'm very sure I'm bp2, so I'm able to hold down a corporate job of which the sky is the limit with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me I just have racing thoughts, a crapload of energy, at times have trouble sleeping, and I do have a tendency of spending more than I should. I'm suspecting an idea of mine is a symptom of mania, but not sure. And some symptoms come and go with the mania.

I'm very sure I'm bp2, so I'm able to hold down a corporate job of which the sky is the limit with it.

What are you doing to deal with the energy? Are you doing any kind of exercising? What's your diet like? Are drinking caffeine? Are you watching or listening to intense programming? If so maybe dial that back. Have you considered a licensed professional massage? Relaxation tapes? I have a Relaxation CD that has the sound of ocean waves. It's VERY relaxing. Of course praying the Word like Psalm 23 out loud can bring a calm as well. Sometimes just tweaking little things can bring the energy down.

When was the last time you talked with your Dr.? You may need to sit down with them and really tell them what you're experiencing especially when it comes to a lack of sleep. That's a trigger for many of us and I'm bipolar 1. Ask your Dr. what they recommend. That's part of what they're there for.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What are you doing to deal with the energy? Are you doing any kind of exercising? What's your diet like? Are drinking caffeine? Are you watching or listening to intense programming? If so maybe dial that back. Have you considered a licensed professional massage? Relaxation tapes? I have a Relaxation CD that has the sound of ocean waves. It's VERY relaxing. Of course praying the Word like Psalm 23 out loud can bring a calm as well. Sometimes just tweaking little things can bring the energy down.

When was the last time you talked with your Dr.? You may need to sit down with them and really tell them what you're experiencing especially when it comes to a lack of sleep. That's a trigger for many of us and I'm bipolar 1. Ask your Dr. what they recommend. That's part of what they're there for.

When I have a crapload of energy, I feel like I can everything under the sun I've been needing to do. Technically. I do not exercise, but with my new job I go up and down flights of stairs everyday, which is great. Those flights of stairs helped greatly during my last mania, I can tell you how many times I went up and down all 3 levels lol.

My diet varies, but I try not to drink a lot of caffeine. When I go out to eat I have a soda, but when I'm home, I only drink water, milk (cereal) and grape sodas (my favorite).

Programming? Like tv? I hardly watch any tv, its only a episode on netflix here and there and some Wheel of Fortune with my grandmother on occasion. I haven't had a massage in a year or so, can't really afford one on a regular basis. I have developed a love of neo-classical music (examples: Jennifer Thomas and Lindsey Stirling), other than that I'm a metal guy, but prefer progressive death/doom metal (much slower than normal metal).

Upvote 0