This guy I met today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born_to_try

Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
✟16,977.00
I met a guy today in the supermarket and came home with his number. Well I'm not planning on any serious dating (particularly not with a non-Christian) but I thought there'd be no harm in having a chat with him, and if he was a Christian then who knows.
I've soon discovered through text messages that he's not a Christian (no surprise really). Though I've been straight up with him about God being number 1 in my life. I've also been careful to not give him any false impressions.
He hasn't asked me to meet up with him or anything (yet) -not sure if he will, but I'd just like some prayer for God's will in this situation. Whether this guy asks me to meet up with him or not.
It would be great if you'd pray that I could be a good witness to him, and have an opportunity to actually tell him the Good News about Jesus.
Please pray that he would have an open heart, and that God will draw him to himself.

Thank you so much!

In Christ,

-Hannah

Born_to_try

Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
✟16,977.00
Thank you everyone. Yes, I will be very careful.
He didn't actually get my number (-due to me not being able to remember it!) but I took his, and he left it with me to contact him -so that he wasn't bothering me. If he had seemed in any way pushy I wouldn't have text him. Anyway I'll be prayerful about all this.
Thank you so much brothers for your concern and prayer.

-Hannah

Upvote 0

LivingRightForGod

god loves me and has a plan
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2005
birmingham
✟37,768.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
hey I have to agree with what njcl said you have to be careful who you meet these days

Lord i pray for born_to_try and her friend I pray that you will open up his heart to find out more about you. And i pray that she will be able to tell her testimony to him and that he will try to understand how much you love him

ask seek knock. Let him ask for your guidance.

In the name of jesus Amen

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Hannah becareful, by all means speak on the net to him, try and witness, see how he takes it, if he is still interested then, and wants to meet you, either have someone with you or someone following you every step of the way. More than likely after witnessing to him he won't contact you again, or he'll be a Christian himself, still have someone near you, and don't give him your No.

Im-revived:pray:

Born_to_try said:
I met a guy today in the supermarket and came home with his number. Well I'm not planning on any serious dating (particularly not with a non-Christian) but I thought there'd be no harm in having a chat with him, and if he was a Christian then who knows.
I've soon discovered through text messages that he's not a Christian (no surprise really). Though I've been straight up with him about God being number 1 in my life. I've also been careful to not give him any false impressions.
He hasn't asked me to meet up with him or anything (yet) -not sure if he will, but I'd just like some prayer for God's will in this situation. Whether this guy asks me to meet up with him or not.
It would be great if you'd pray that I could be a good witness to him, and have an opportunity to actually tell him the Good News about Jesus.
Please pray that he would have an open heart, and that God will draw him to himself.

Thank you so much!

In Christ,

-Hannah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Alejandro said:
Well.. I guess enough people have told you to be careful.. and I agree!

Choosing your friends is very important.. some of us learn the hard way.. it's a very painful and lonely way. Don't take it... is not worth it.

Lord help us all choose our friends that is very important. And that our friends will be real and that they will be honest and truthful. In your name and will, amen. :groupray: :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.