This Forum proves Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
This forum is properly labeled for Christians only. It should also be labeled for "well grounded" Christians. This Forum definitely proves the Doctrine of Election.

If an unsaved person should wander in here seeking salvation and began reading these posts he would have to come to the conclusion there is no sanity in Christianity. There are opposing views on every doctrine in every thread.

I find it amazing and clearly a bonified, legitimate miracle that anyone is ever saved, given all the opposing information he is bombarded with on a daily basis.

For someone truly ignorant of God's Word and His ways, how would he ever know what was right, were it not for the grace of God and the gentle leading and confirmation of the Holy Spirit!

Thank God that He has not only provided the way and the means of salvation, but He has made it to where we only need reach out and take hold of it. He supplies the grace and the faith and the Holy Spirit guidance, and the Blood of Jesus to wash away the sins.

What an Awesome God we serve!

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
The amazing thing, to me anyway, is that the God we serve, is real. No one tells the new believer that drugs are wrong, no one tells him that drunkenness is wrong. There is something, something new, in his own spirit, that communicates that very clearly.

We differ on many doctrinal points---but I sincerely believe that we agree on the foundational things---we, that is, who are IN CHRIST. So we are Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Charismatic, Church-of-Christ, Catholic---yet we are members of the same body, following the same Christ, led by the same Spirit.

As you say, "were it not for the grace of God and the gentle leading and confirmation of the Holy Spirit! Let each of us who are "in Christ", pray that we are open to the Spirit's lead to the truth. Salvation is for all who will believe, all who will receive Christ. No more complicated than that. The entire and full work of salvation, He does IN and THROUGH us, by our belief...

"You will seek Me, and you will find Me---when you seek Me with all your heart". Jeremiah 29:13

Upvote 0

calvinist

Daniel in the Lion's Den
Jun 2, 2002
Oxford, MS
✟185.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Election does exist. Unconditional Election. In other words, the foreknowledge of God is based upon His decree, plan, or purpose that expresses His will, and not some forseen act of posistive volition on the part of man.

"We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are THE CALLED according to HIS PURPOSE. For whom HE DID FOREKNOW, HE ALSO PREDESTINED......." (Romans 8:28-29)

If you believe the Bible, then you must believe that God is all knowing, and if you believe that then you must believe in Unconditonal Election. Its biblical, election is not because it centers on man, not God. And God is no idoltarer (SP). He does not break his own laws. God is the most God centered Person in the universe. (John Piper). And its as simple as that.
Seeking Satisfaction in God,
Calvinist<><
"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in HIM." -John Piper

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most Christians believe in election, man having a choice, predestination, our depravity and God's sovereignty. I know both arminians and calvinists do. And they are all in world or principle in the Bible.

How does us having a choice realte to God being sovereign? How can that be? That is what Calvinism and Arminianism basically try and figure out.

Both ackowledge both but have different ways in which these can be intertwined. Now also both believe in election and predestination but what do these termas mean? How are we predestined or chosen to bein theelect by God?

Also Arminius probably wrote some of the most dramatic writings for the depravity of man.

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Election does exist. Unconditional Election. In other words, the foreknowledge of God is based upon His decree, plan, or purpose that expresses His will, and not some forseen act of posistive volition on the part of man.
Hello, Calvinist. Rather than "hijack" Gerry's thread, may I invite you over to the "Unconditional Election" thread? (click here) (Sorry about not being able to direct you to page 1, my contrary computer likes to sometimes delete all of my history file...) I would encourage you to read through all of the pages. Some say "The Bible can be interpreted to support anything"---I do not think that is true...

:)

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by Ben johnson
Hello, Calvinist. Rather than "hijack" Gerry's thread, may I invite you over to the "Unconditional Election" thread? (click here) (Sorry about not being able to direct you to page 1, my contrary computer likes to sometimes delete all of my history file...) I would encourage you to read through all of the pages. Some say "The Bible can be interpreted to support anything"---I do not think that is true...

:)

Thanks for that consideration, but actually it is not my thread as such. I just posted that observation last night, not really seeking a discussion.

BTW, though I have not openly announced this, for general information purposes, I am a Calvinist, though I spend no time in the debate. Many people I find are misguided into thinking Calvinism and Evangelism are some how in opposition by definition. I can assure anyone that is NOT the case.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Gerry
This forum is properly labeled for Christians only. It should also be labeled for "well grounded" Christians. This Forum definitely proves the Doctrine of Election.

If an unsaved person should wander in here seeking salvation and began reading these posts he would have to come to the conclusion there is no sanity in Christianity. There are opposing views on every doctrine in every thread.

I find it amazing and clearly a bonified, legitimate miracle that anyone is ever saved, given all the opposing information he is bombarded with on a daily basis.

For someone truly ignorant of God's Word and His ways, how would he ever know what was right, were it not for the grace of God and the gentle leading and confirmation of the Holy Spirit!

Thank God that He has not only provided the way and the means of salvation, but He has made it to where we only need reach out and take hold of it. He supplies the grace and the faith and the Holy Spirit guidance, and the Blood of Jesus to wash away the sins.

What an Awesome God we serve!

ROFL! I believe in election, but I've never thought of deducing it that way!

Consider, however, that there really is no sanity to Christianity from a worldly perspective. So even if we all agreed on everything, it would still require election to explain how anyone gets saved. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I MUST agree you are so right! And yes, I do like to mix a little humor into my deductions. Makes life more pleasant somehow, yes? Regrettably most people miss my humor, and even the Lady I love, thinks I am just plain weird.

Originally posted by npetreley

ROFL! I believe in election, but I've never thought of deducing it that way!

Consider, however, that there really is no sanity to Christianity from a worldly perspective. So even if we all agreed on everything, it would still require election to explain how anyone gets saved. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.