Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Change in what? 1,000 units of ???

Those be jobs as indicated by the turn around from a downturn to where it just below the running trend from 1981 to 2012 (less Bush again of course).

Here is the thing Jeff, Obama has taken measures to actually address jobs and the chart reflect that. His opponets have done nothing, and Mitts vison to create jobs is actually going to make things worse.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Those be jobs as indicated by the turn around from a downturn to where it just below the running trend from 1981 to 2012 (less Bush again of course).

Here is the thing Jeff, Obama has taken measures to actually address jobs and the chart reflect that. His opponets have done nothing, and Mitts vison to create jobs is actually going to make things worse.

No, you are wrong. Look at the chart I just posted from the Department of Labor (post 180). Show me this Obama turn around.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
No, you are wrong. Look at the chart I just posted from the Department of Labor (post 180). Show me this Obama turn around.
Sure here:

latest_numbers_CES0000000001_2009_2012_all_period_M09_net_1mth.gif

and here:

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2002_2012_all_period_M09_data.gif

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Your measure of the labor force excludes those who give up looking for work.

Every measure of the labor force reflects that so it's not magic math.
You can look at it this way, when it low then turned around, the low was proabably worse.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Every measure of the labor force reflects that so it's not magic math.
You can look at it this way, when it low then turned around, the low was proabably worse.

No, you are wrong. Otherwise, my OP and your graph would look the same. The broadest measure of US employment is the labor force participation rate. I have explained it extensively throughout this thread.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If you want a very detailed analysis, try this:

Not Looking for Work: Why Labor Force Participation Has Fallen During the Recession

"
Key Points

1. 1 The American economy is experiencing the slowest recovery in 70 years. In addition to persistently high unemployment, labor force participation has fallen sharply since the recession began in December 2007.
  2. 2 Today, nearly 5 million fewer Americans are working or looking for work. This drop in labor force participation accounts for virtually the entire reduction of the unemployment rate since 2009—those not looking for work do not count as unemployed.
  3. 3 Demographics changes—such as retiring baby boomers—explain one-fifth of the decrease in labor force participation.
  4. 4 Two factors account for the rest of the drop: more people are collecting disability benefits and more are studying in school. Both factors reflect the difficulty of finding work. Fully 6 percent of U.S. adults are now on disability insurance.
  5. 5 Job creation fell sharply after the recession began, and has not recovered. The government’s response has been largely ineffective. Instead of voting for vast subsidies and public works programs, Congress should reduce the tax and regulatory burden on businesses."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dick Polman: GOP strategy: Block Obama, then blame him | The Columbus Dispatch

If you want to know about jobs, here is some info for you.

To blame Obama for 1) the worst economic crises seen in almost a century and 2) having the opposition kick and scream and pout like little children over everything he tries to do, and THEN claim that nothing got done because of HIM....

Is mindless partisanship.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
source: Republican staff.

can we play the "propeganda" card too?

Not Republican staff, unless you think the Department of Labor reports to the GOP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
bottom left of your food stamp signature, chachi.

My signature isn't what we've been discussing in this thread. However, that data is readily available from the USG.

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My signature isn't what we've been discussing in this thread. However, that data is readily available from the USG.

I just noticed it, and found it particularly hypocritical given past dismissal of other peoples evidences as "left wing propeganda."

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's USDA data.
why don't you just be honest and admit that you will only accept "data" that supports your paradigm?

It's actually a scientific principle called "confirmation bias." look it up.

except that it won't be data that supports your paradigm.

Upvote 0