Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Let's discuss the jobs record of Obama vs. the plans of Governor Romney.

Here is some data to get us started.

US%2BLabor%2BForce%2BParticipation%2BRate%2B%2B1981-2012.jpg

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Our population growth rate is about 1%, if it's been that way for around eighteen years, then that means there's two or three million people a year entering the work force, which means that at a minimum, the Lightworker should have presided over 8-12 million new jobs.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟231,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's discuss the jobs record of Obama vs. the plans of Governor Romney.

Here is some data to get us started.

US%2BLabor%2BForce%2BParticipation%2BRate%2B%2B1981-2012.jpg

Why does this graph point out which party was president? I doubt there is a connection between the party in the white house and the labor force participation rate.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Why does this graph point out which party was president? I doubt there is a connection between the party in the white house and the labor force participation rate.

The graph demonstrates a correlation between the President and the economy, like it or not.

Reagan/Bush Sr = supply side economics

Bush Jr = supply side economics - regulation

Obama = "Post" Keynesian economics

Not sure what economic model Clinton used - maybe he inherited a great economy

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The graph demonstrates a correlation between the President and the economy, like it or not.

Reagan/Bush Sr = supply side economics

Bush Jr = supply side economics - regulation

Obama = "Post" Keynesian economics

Not sure what economic model Clinton used - maybe he inherited a great economy

I don't think Clinton did much. That's probably a good approach.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm not seeing much good Obama has done from the chart.

This chart seems to differ from the one on your tagline labeled "Bush's tax cuts didn't cause the recession" so I don't even know what we're talking about here. I have no idea what charts or figures are even accurate for one, and for two, we have no way to know what Romney's plan will look like. It is all depending on taxes staying the same by closing loopholes and lowering rates. Then 12 million jobs will appear. Where and how will they appear? This chart looks a bit different so what's the truth?

Job-Growth-Chart_March-2011.png

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This chart seems to differ from the one on your tagline labeled "Bush's tax cuts didn't cause the recession" so I don't even know what we're talking about here. I have no idea what charts or figures are even accurate for one, and for two, we have no way to know what Romney's plan will look like. It is all depending on taxes staying the same by closing loopholes and lowering rates. Then 12 million jobs will appear. Where and how will they appear? This chart looks a bit different so what's the truth?

Job-Growth-Chart_March-2011.png

Your chart represents the monthly employment report, which doesn't take into account those that give up looking for a job and drop out of the labor force, and hence the decline under Obama in the labor participation rate in my chart.

Also, your chart appears to end in 2011, but I'll admit my eyes aren't what they once were.

see this: Mark Gongloff: Labor Force Participation Rate Lowest In Three Decades, Though Despair Doesn't Explain It All

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I don't think Clinton did much. That's probably a good approach.

The Republican Congress passed the Clinton budget both terms. The very budget that Clinton ran on when he told the American people he would balance the budget. It's the reason I voted for him and he did it with bipartisan support

Had Al Gore been elected we would have stayed on the same financial path but NO! We got Bushwhacked!

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Massive global recession!

It was Obama's fault! lookit my graph!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You better hope that's true, or your guy doesn't have a prayer of winning.
images

Americans are smart and will recognize the truth, and will vote Romney & Ryan.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Your chart represents the monthly employment report, which doesn't take into account those that give up looking for a job and drop out of the labor force, and hence the decline under Obama in the labor participation rate in my chart.

Also, your chart appears to end in 2011, but I'll admit my eyes aren't what they once were.

see this: Mark Gongloff: Labor Force Participation Rate Lowest In Three Decades, Though Despair Doesn't Explain It All

I went to the link and it said out of the 2.2 people who have dropped out of the labor force and given up or are not planning on returning, 1.7 million are 65 and older and 275,000 are teenagers. That does still leave 325,000 people who have given up on finding work and that is a terrible situation to be in. THey said they don't have figures on how many are going back to school or getting some training in another field. Still 4.3 million out of the labor force who are still looking (considered no longer "unemployed")

I still say things could have been much worse and given the situation with the economy, I think Obama should have let those tax cuts expire and done some more progressive things when he had the chance but he has to play by the Republicans rules so this is all we got right now. Hopefully after the election we get a couple Democratic seats and he can do something.

What Romney is talking about is smoke and mirrors to me. Pulling jobs out of a hat.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I went to the link and it said out of the 2.2 people who have dropped out of the labor force and given up or are not planning on returning, 1.7 million are 65 and older and 275,000 are teenagers. That does still leave 325,000 people who have given up on finding work and that is a terrible situation to be in. THey said they don't have figures on how many are going back to school or getting some training in another field. Still 4.3 million out of the labor force who are still looking (considered no longer "unemployed")

I still say things could have been much worse and given the situation with the economy, I think Obama should have let those tax cuts expire and done some more progressive things when he had the chance but he has to play by the Republicans rules so this is all we got right now. Hopefully after the election we get a couple Democratic seats and he can do something.

What Romney is talking about is smoke and mirrors to me. Pulling jobs out of a hat.

Nope. Romney has a plan. Obama has a record, and it ain't good.

Upvote 0