Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you not read the OP?
Believe so...the ONE "error

So you are saying that the Bible is true, but that won't be apparent unless you already believe it?

I was clear enough

How did you know this?

But your faith was obviously delivered to you on your terms, or else you wouldn't have ever believed.
Nope

But aren't you judging God? If you say he is holy, you are judging him and saying he is worthy of your worship.
Not even clever

Tread carefully? Trust me, if God was real, he'd have struck me dead long ago.
For your sake I hope not

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference between our Bible reading technique is that I read with faith...I am not sure that you truly had faith or what. I didn't doubt that I'd find answers to my Scriptural questions...but I was a real nervous wreck over hell and the strangeness of what was going on in my life...at the point I began to read it was pretty much a feeling of "do or die"....I KNEW God was real beyond a doubt and that I was heading down the wrong path...I knew Hell was real too!
N.V.:
How did you know this?
Read the post...

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you are saying that inasmuch as God was reluctant to give the Jews laws regarding divorce, but did so because they wanted it, he also reluctantly gave laws which permitted slavery and which forced a rapist to marry his victim because they wanted those laws? Such an argument could perhaps successfully separate God from these atrocities, but the failure of this argument is that it does nothing to address all of God's commandments of genocide in Joshua.
Although, of course, while Jesus may have disparaged divorce, he never actually said anything to chastise rape or slavery.
I seem to say that? I apologize if I've been straddling the fence on this. To be clear, yes, I find it to be quite apparent that

God directly ordered genocide on multiple occasions, personally participated in countless murders, institutionalized rape and chattel slavery, and encouraged racism.
So, you've fine-tooth combed Scripture and came up short again...I will reply, but let me preface my answer that I am only being patient with you so don't mistake it for normal candid exchange. You are so apparent...you love to show yourself arrogantly intellectual and frown down on us silly Christians without a brain...that you love to hear yourself ridicule others (and God) is so alarmingly apparent! I am not naive.

Yes, you are the one being patient. It must require a lot of patience to be able to accuse your opponent of being arrogant. It must require even more patience to ask where there are contradictions in the Bible, and then completely ignore the response.

So you fine-tooth combed the Bible and didn't see that God was ridding the world of evil through those battles? Horrible atrocities. God institutionalized rape??? You mean because you didn't agree with the remedy...you aren't mature enough to handle the answer to that one.

Do you agree with the remedy? Would you have married a man that raped you of your virginity?

Slavery, racism...did you check out the N.T. on that score? Hardly.

Ephesians 6:5King James Version (KJV)
5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

God called the Israelites a stiff-necked people...as no-doubt all people are before they understand God and He dealt with them accordingly...Satan was loose before Christ, he is now held back by Christ.
God IS almighty, He could just hand-select the believers and destroy everyone else without this game of life...He instead gave everyone a testing field...earth...and a huge aid...Jesus who crushed Satan on the cross...and He gave us Scripture as a guide and evidence of Himself. We do not deserve these gifts.
God is patient and kind with us, not wanting anyone to perish, but for all to repent and have eternal life. Look at the huge value God places on man...He could have put Adam and Eve in hell immediately, but rather devised this plan...He could have tossed Satan in hell immediately and not troubled Himself with any of this or perhaps invent tons of other optional salvation plans. Since God is so powerful and at the same time so ultimately loving I choose to believe He designed the plan best for us.

These last few posts you have yet again been indulging in rambling. Proverbs 26:11.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Have you not read the OP?
Believe so...the ONE "error

In post #238 you said,

"could you cite some contradictions which perhaps I could clear up?"

You are now acting like I am falling short in providing only ONE error. I have plenty more (refer to post #223) but please resolve this one before we move on.

So you are saying that the Bible is true, but that won't be apparent unless you already believe it?

I was clear enough

Do you not know what a Catch-22 is?

How did you know this?

Blank space is your answer?

But your faith was obviously delivered to you on your terms, or else you wouldn't have ever believed.
Nope

So you are saying that God delivered faith to you on unacceptable terms which you then accepted?

Man this is just fish in a barrel.

But aren't you judging God? If you say he is holy, you are judging him and saying he is worthy of your worship.
Not even clever

So then God is not worthy of your worship?

Tread carefully? Trust me, if God was real, he'd have struck me dead long ago.
For your sake I hope not

Well I haven't been struck dead, so...

The difference between our Bible reading technique is that I read with faith...I am not sure that you truly had faith or what. I didn't doubt that I'd find answers to my Scriptural questions...but I was a real nervous wreck over hell and the strangeness of what was going on in my life...at the point I began to read it was pretty much a feeling of "do or die"....I KNEW God was real beyond a doubt and that I was heading down the wrong path...I knew Hell was real too!
N.V.:
How did you know this?
Read the post...

I'm not seeing how that paragraph is answering the question. You knew God exists because you had been conditioned to fear hellfire?

Upvote 0

ISTANDBYJESUS

Joseph Melo
Sep 21, 2014
Heaven: in the Spirit of Christ
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will admit that this passage is amazingly applicable.

But you must also admit that you cannot both claim that the Bible is inerrant, and then hide behind this when you are shown it is not. I don't think you'd be using this escape hatch if there was a real answer to the problem. Am I to accept this citation of yours as an admission that you no longer hold to inerrancy?

Also there's this:

1 Peter 3:15King James Version (KJV)
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I will give you this answer:

2 Kings 24:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 And the king of Babylon made Mattaniah his father's brother king in his stead, and changed his name to Zedekiah.
18 Zedekiah was twenty and one years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Hamutal, the daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah.

2 Chronicles 36:11King James Version (KJV)
11 Zedekiah was one and twenty years old when he began to reign, and reigned eleven years in Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 37:1King James Version (KJV)
37 And king Zedekiah the son of Josiah reigned instead of Coniah the son of Jehoiakim, whom Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon made king in the land of Judah.

Jeremiah 1:3King James Version (KJV)
3 It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.

The truth is that Zedekiah son of Josiah reigned after Coniah: and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem

2 Kings 8:25-26King James Version (KJV)

25 In the twelfth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel did Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah begin to reign.
26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.

2 Chronicles 22:1-2King James Version (KJV)
1 And the inhabitants of Jerusalem made Ahaziah his youngest son king in his stead: for the band of men that came with the Arabians to the camp had slain all the eldest. So Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah reigned.
2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

The truth is that Ahaziah son of Athaliah daughter of Omri reigned after Jehoram: and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.

Matthew 18:16King James Version (KJV)
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
2 Corinthians 13:1King James Version (KJV)
13 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

And I also have this word for you:

John 8:17-18King James Version (KJV)
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

The bible is true, not unbelievers who willfully work against Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.