This creeps me out: Dianetics "salesman" at Wal-Mart

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm not sure if this is the right area of the forum to post the topic so if it's wrong, my apologies.
The thing here is, over at the Wal-Mart by my house there was this guy who used to hang around with a table filled with Dianetics books and offering a free "stress test".
Now there's a new guy there and this bothers me. I know about Dianetics and that so-called "church" of Scientology and it creeps me out more than anything (aside from Satanists)
I was thinking of writing this guy a letter and just handing it to him because there's really not a lot of time involved and I despise going into Wal-Mart as it is...lol...
I'm planning on giving him some links online about some really nasty things I've read about people who tried to get out of the Church of Scientology but now I'm having trouble finding them - so I suppose my advice request would be if anybody here has any other info readily available on links? And do you know of anybody who has had personal experiences with this cult?
And lastly - some biblical passages as pertaining to "common sense" applications of your life - not so much passages about heathenish or cultish practices; because this books touts on about the reactive mind and how to elimanate yet, etc..
The problem I feel that so many people get drawn into this cult is the "common sense" approach to living life and achevieing your goals.
There is of course, many passages in the Bible which do the same thing so to anybody reading it - I'd appreciate hearing/reading your favorite quotes pertaining to it.

I'm working on it today and next time I have to endure going to Wal-Mart and see him there, he's going to get an eyeful. :prayer: For him as well, cause this Scientology stuff really bugs me.

By the way - Wal-Mart here DOES have a written notice of a policy at their front entrance about solicitors having nothing to do with their organization and they basically are permitting it so long as its not vulgar/obscene, etc kinds of material.

Thanks for reading

P

Protestant Minister

I know a little about this cult because I joined it when I was in graduate school so I could write a research paper on them.It's not a religion at all,it's a fraudulent psychological treatment company.Unfotunately they do not accept psychological beliefs or practices.They have created their own pop psychological beliefs and practices that range from totally silly to dangerous.(I still have a vivid memory of taking a conversation class.The only thing we were taught was to not move our heads when speaking.)

But you shouldn't get angry at members of the cult,they're lonely and deceived people.The ones you encounter selling their junk are just trying to raise money so they can receive help they need.It' won't do any good to use hate on them.But you might contact the AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSN. to see if they have a brochure on these weirdos warning of the danger of their fake treatment programs.Giving out factual information about them might work.

As far as a bible verse,try this:buy a friendship greeting card and write this verse in it,PERFECT LOVE CASTHETH OUT FEAR.Tell the person you hand it to that you're delivering the card for a Christian that dropped out of their organization.AND THEN LEAVE.Don't get into a discussion with these people.Does no good.They're really freaked out type peeps. :priest:

Upvote 0

Lucubratus

Mar 16, 2004
✟683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Protestant Minister -- umm, where did I say I hated the guy? Being creeped out and hating something are totally different. I actually finally found the information I was looking for and merely intended to hand it to him along with some links and with a plea to try and get out of it before he got too involved with it. Written of course, because I'm not going to get into a debate with that kind of thing.
Suzannah -- heehee..I thought about that too, like print outs about the weird things I heard and read about people involved in it.

It's Wal-Mart I'm not really fond of - they sort of take away the consumers choice to shop since it seems everybody closes up when one comes around. guh.

Upvote 0