• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

This cop didn't want the world to see how he was treating a homeless man...

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Sword of the Lord, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Sword of the Lord

Sword of the Lord In need of a physician.

+7,299
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic

+9,394
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    That's nice! :thumbsup:

3. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+11,516
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Now that's a great story and in sharp contrast to many of the stories we get about bad cops.

Thanks Mikhael - it helps to restore my faith in the human race

4. S.ilvio

S.ilvio Newbie

+3,201
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    What an inspiration...

5. frenchdefense

frenchdefense Well-Known Member

+328
    Catholic
    Good Cop, Free donut

That said I'd point out the he might actually be breaking the law. In several places in Washington it's illegal to feed the homeless except in designated areas .

(A travesty of legal oppression if there ever was one)

6. Sword of the Lord

+7,299
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    good God man

7. bill5

bill5 Well-Known Member

+2,168
    Agnostic
    Private
    Trolls are the cutest little things.

8. Tigg

Tigg Senior Veteran

+707
    Catholic
    Private
    The law couldn't keep me from feeding the poor or anyone else. Doing good trumps the law, no matter what punishment the law would give out. I swear, rolling eyes, common sense and doing evil is trying to win out.

9. Sword of the Lord

+7,299
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Same Tigg. You'd just have to jail me like the old man from Florida. After all, the Disciples were jailed for Christ's work.

10. bill5

bill5 Well-Known Member

+2,168
    Agnostic
    Private
    Actually they could, and in some cases, I'm afraid, should.

There was a thread either here or in current events that's gone down this road - in short, it's great to want to help those who need it (in fact IMO it's at the heart of Christianity), but you're over-simplifying a complex issue. For starters, there are a lot of slugs who pretend to be homeless/broke/etc to get free handouts. In fact most of the people you see on the streets with their cardboard signs/etc fit that description. And even for those who are genuinely in need, there are other considerations about when/where/how you help. If I find thread I'll post a link...

11. frenchdefense

frenchdefense Well-Known Member

+328
    Catholic
    Well, Bill, as long as I'm out trolling (although I think that's kind of being harsh. I'm sure if abortion was somehow involved as was pointed out I'd be considered a hero)

But, I digress:

Here's a real troller (he's got a blog where he does NOTHING but troll) testing your (and his) assumption about the guys with the signs. He discovers something interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUBTAdI7zuY