This cop didn't want the world to see how he was treating a homeless man...

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Good Cop, Free donut

That said I'd point out the he might actually be breaking the law. In several places in Washington it's illegal to feed the homeless except in designated areas .

(A travesty of legal oppression if there ever was one)
good God man

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Good Cop, Free donut

That said I'd point out the he might actually be breaking the law. In several places in Washington it's illegal to feed the homeless except in designated areas .

(A travesty of legal oppression if there ever was one)

Trolls are the cutest little things.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The law couldn't keep me from feeding the poor or anyone else. Doing good trumps the law, no matter what punishment the law would give out. I swear, rolling eyes, common sense and doing evil is trying to win out.
Actually they could, and in some cases, I'm afraid, should.

There was a thread either here or in current events that's gone down this road - in short, it's great to want to help those who need it (in fact IMO it's at the heart of Christianity), but you're over-simplifying a complex issue. For starters, there are a lot of slugs who pretend to be homeless/broke/etc to get free handouts. In fact most of the people you see on the streets with their cardboard signs/etc fit that description. And even for those who are genuinely in need, there are other considerations about when/where/how you help. If I find thread I'll post a link...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
Actually they could, and in some cases, I'm afraid, should.

There was a thread either here or in current events that's gone down this road - in short, it's great to want to help those who need it (in fact IMO it's at the heart of Christianity), but you're over-simplifying a complex issue. For starters, there are a lot of slugs who pretend to be homeless/broke/etc to get free handouts. In fact most of the people you see on the streets with their cardboard signs/etc fit that description. And even for those who are genuinely in need, there are other considerations about when/where/how you help. If I find thread I'll post a link...

Well, Bill, as long as I'm out trolling (although I think that's kind of being harsh. I'm sure if abortion was somehow involved as was pointed out I'd be considered a hero)

But, I digress:

Here's a real troller (he's got a blog where he does NOTHING but troll) testing your (and his) assumption about the guys with the signs. He discovers something interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUBTAdI7zuY

Upvote 0