Visit site
✟8,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Well, if you came to a Christian forum expecting people of the Christian faith to treat your non-Christian faith as equally valid as the Christian faith then I think you've set an expectation to which even those in your non-Christian faith wouldn't adhere. Invitation does not express legitimacy. You may invite non-Jews into your synagogues but you don't let them stand up during the worship purport views that are contrary to the views of your faith. Nor would you even allow their views to be accepted as legitimate. I'd say CF, or whatever it's called now, does far better at generating interdenominational dialogue with non-Christians than your own brand of religion.
As you are proving so well right now.

Judaism has had a far better history of accepting others beliefs even if they are contrary to their own, as different, but no less valid. I am not saying that christians should just say "Oooo Jews area a-comin' we gotta accept all they say as the fact and blah blah blah". I am saying that I dont appreciate having my faith INSULTED. There is a HUGE difference between what you describe and what I speak on.

****and by the way, we invite any who wish to come to our synagogues to come, and welcome them FULLY. We often listen about their faiths and dont jump down their throats as you have done, when their opinion differs from ours. When you invite someone into your home, I hope you treat them differently than you have treated me. Its the same principle in essence. YOu invite, you treat with respect those whom you invite****

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As you are proving so well right now.

No clue what you mean by this.

Judaism has had a far better history of accepting others beliefs even if they are contrary to their own, as different, but no less valid.

LOL! Do you even know what the word "valid" means? Jews don't accept the Christian view of redemption and, in no way, consider it the truth that binds. If you think otherwise, you're confused.

I am not saying that christians should just say "Oooo Jews area a-comin' we gotta accept all they say as the fact and blah blah blah".

No, the inference you clearly made is that Christians are saying, "Judaism is a false faith, Christianity is the true religion, all whom dont believe just like I do, are awful horrible people and deserve ridicule and to be ostracized."

That I would say, "Judaism is a false faith, for it denies the risen Lord, Christianity, whatever the true meaning of Scripture may be, is the true religion. All who don't believe just like I do are, well, people who believe differently. They may be horrible but not because they believe differently. Couldn't say without knowing the person."

If you weren't implying that you had been dealt with in such a way, why ask if that behavior would have been appropriate coming from you rather than at you?

I am saying that I dont appreciate having my faith INSULTED.

Is it an insult to tell you that your religion is false? If so, what exactly do you expect non-Jews to tell you, that it's true??? If so, you've set yourself up for a lot of disappointment.

There is a HUGE difference between what you describe and what I speak on.

All I've heard you "speak on" is how you've been unfairly treated. I'm asking you where and who unfairly treated you?

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
****and by the way, we invite any who wish to come to our synagogues to come, and welcome them FULLY. We often listen about their faiths and dont jump down their throats as you have done, when their opinion differs from ours. When you invite someone into your home, I hope you treat them differently than you have treated me. Its the same principle in essence. YOu invite, you treat with respect those whom you invite****

I jumped down your throat because I told you it was unwise to come to a Christian MB and expect Christians to see your views as legitimate when your very views deny the most foundational thing about Christianity, i.e., Christ as Savior?

Here's a tip: If you want to be treated with respect, don't act disrespectful to others. When you are disrepectful to others, as you so clearly were, not to mention your unfounded accusations against Christians, then you should expect to be treated with less than deference. I'm not saying it is right to respond in kind. I'm simply saying you should act like an adult if you want to be treated like one and you should cry foul when you're treated the same way you treated others.

Upvote 0

Nimrauko

Episcopalian
Apr 27, 2007
Shreveport
Visit site
✟8,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
No clue what you mean by this.

LOL! Do you even know what the word "valid" means? Jews don't accept the Christian view of redemption and, in no way, consider it the truth that binds. If you think otherwise, you're confused.

No, the inference you clearly made is that Christians are saying, "Judaism is a false faith, Christianity is the true religion, all whom dont believe just like I do, are awful horrible people and deserve ridicule and to be ostracized."

That I would say, "Judaism is a false faith, for it denies the risen Lord, Christianity, whatever the true meaning of Scripture may be, is the true religion. All who don't believe just like I do are, well, people who believe differently. They may be horrible but not because they believe differently. Couldn't say without knowing the person."

If you weren't implying that you had been dealt with in such a way, why ask if that behavior would have been appropriate coming from you rather than at you?

Is it an insult to tell you that your religion is false? If so, what exactly do you expect non-Jews to tell you, that it's true??? If so, you've set yourself up for a lot of disappointment.

All I've heard you "speak on" is how you've been unfairly treated. I'm asking you where and who unfairly treated you?
The first part was sarcasm, so if that wasnt gathered then really I do not trust your judgement.

Secondly, Christians are the first class citizens here, and that in its self is not the problem. The problem is, I as a Jew am not coming here saying that your faith is a false faith, and I am not insulting your faith, so why is it ok for you (By which I mean CF) to do such to me?

Upvote 0

Nimrauko

Episcopalian
Apr 27, 2007
Shreveport
Visit site
✟8,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I jumped down your throat because I told you it was unwise to come to a Christian MB and expect Christians to see your views as legitimate when your very views deny the most foundational thing about Christianity, i.e., Christ as Savior?

Here's a tip: If you want to be treated with respect, don't act disrespectful to others. When you are disrepectful to others, as you so clearly were, not to mention your unfounded accusations against Christians, then you should expect to be treated with less than deference. I'm not saying it is right to respond in kind. I'm simply saying you should act like an adult if you want to be treated like one and you should cry foul when you're treated the same way you treated others.
I in no way was disrespectful to you, untill you got an attitude with me. So dont talk to me like your someone, becuase you are not. your no better than me and your 34. The funny thing is your grammar is like that of someone 3/4 as young as you. So we could sit here and ridicule one another all day, but that is not the aim here. The aim is to bring up the issue of hypocrisy here at CF and you cant deny that there is a great deal of it here.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first part was sarcasm, so if that wasnt gathered then really I do not trust your judgement.

Well, I am a Christian so, as a Jew, I doubt you trusted my judgment anyway. As for whether I should have recognized what you said as sarcasm, I know nothing about you. Why would you presume that I'd recognize speech patterns from someone who was acting like a victim that I don't even know?

Secondly, Christians are the first class citizens here, and that in its self is not the problem. The problem is, I as a Jew am not coming here saying that your faith is a false faith, and I am not insulting your faith, so why is it ok for you (By which I mean CF) to do such to me?

Again I ask, who is insulting your faith and how are they doing so? Either way, the very fact that you reject Christianity is a non-verbal statement that you believe Christianity to be false.

Upvote 0

Nimrauko

Episcopalian
Apr 27, 2007
Shreveport
Visit site
✟8,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I am a Christian so, as a Jew, I doubt you trusted my judgment anyway. As for whether I should have recognized what you said as sarcasm, I know nothing about you. Why would you presume that I'd recognize speech patterns from someone who was acting like a victim that I don't even know?

Again I ask, who is insulting your faith and how are they doing so? Either way, the very fact that you reject Christianity is a non-verbal statement that you believe Christianity to be false.
No I dont consider it to be right for me.
Whatever floats your boat so to speak. It may not work for me, but for you it does. Thats what I am saying. I am a very accepting person, for I have been on the receiving end of hate since birth. Because of my sexuality, my religion and other things. So I know all of biggotry and I see it is prevalant here. A radical minority suddenly become a majority and its sad. But I am more accepting of you than you of me.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I in no way was disrespectful to you, untill you got an attitude with me. So dont talk to me like your someone, becuase you are not. your no better than me and your 34. The funny thing is your grammar is like that of someone 3/4 as young as you. So we could sit here and ridicule one another all day, but that is not the aim here. The aim is to bring up the issue of hypocrisy here at CF and you cant deny that there is a great deal of it here.

Nimrauko, if your aim is to identify that there exists hypocrisy on this MB, all you've done is state the obvious. Wherever there are people, there is hypocrisy. Now that you've achieved that goal, did you want to move onto something else or are you just content to sit here and complain?

Upvote 0

Nimrauko

Episcopalian
Apr 27, 2007
Shreveport
Visit site
✟8,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Nimrauko, if your aim is to identify that there exists hypocrisy on this MB, all you've done is state the obvious. Wherever there are people, there is hypocrisy. Now that you've achieved that goal, did you want to move onto something else or are you just content to sit here and complain?
Non so. Siete fatti protestare?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nimrauko

Episcopalian
Apr 27, 2007
Shreveport
Visit site
✟8,281.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Well, if you've sunk to asking me questions in Italian I can see you're content to whittle away your time on nonsense. Good day to you.
Good day to you as well ^_^

May Hashem bless you on your way

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
I have already spoken to you about Messianic Judaism, and how its not Judaism, so I will not revisit that. But if I were to make a Judaism forums, and said "We are a Jewish forum, but welcome all faiths" and then say "Christians are coming in here.........uh oh!" Then proceed to say "Christians are a false faith, Judaism is the true religion, all whom don’t believe just like I do, are awful horrible people and deserve ridicule and to be ostracized.
my, how you do like tarring with a broad brush ....

Upvote 0

Janice702

Oct 1, 2007
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God chose the Jewish people because they were the only ones among so many nations that decided to follow Him. All the surrounding nations were idolaters and went after the gods of the world.

God loves all people, but His chosen are the ones who serve Him and do His will.

Janice

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
God chose the Jewish people because they were the only ones among so many nations that decided to follow Him. All the surrounding nations were idolaters and went after the gods of the world.

God loves all people, but His chosen are the ones who serve Him and do His will.

Janice
His Holy Spirit can make this happen.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

They weren't Jewish people, in a religious sense, until God called them as a nation to worship Him. Abraham, the father of the Jews, had no faith in the God of the Bible and did not worship Him prior to God granting him faith. He was a pagan from the city of Ur in Babylonia. It was God's decision to set him, and his descendants, apart by establishing them as His followers and it wasn't because of anything he did or was going to do. It was based on God's decision to set apart a people unto the glory of His Son.

They are not chosen because they do His will. They are chosen to do His will. As the Bible so poignantly reveals, Abraham's justification was by faith apart from works.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have a God who knows you from the inside and wants to choose you to become a true Christian follower of the archaic Ten Commandments that applies today. God's laws are timeless. Jesus rescues us from Satan's deception of sin that makes Christianity seem a false fairy tale-like religion. :doh::crosseo:

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
OP Are you bugged that your nationality was not chosen by God to go to Mount Sinai? Are you bugged that they were the only nation to be called chosen? Does it bother you that they are still the chosen ones, even though they have throughout scriptures failed to keep up to God's ideals? What exactly is it about God's chosen people that bothers you?

Upvote 0

The Virginian

Sep 15, 2004
✟16,393.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
We have a God who knows you from the inside and wants to choose you to become a true Christian follower of the archaic Ten Commandments that applies today. God's laws are timeless. Jesus rescues us from Satan's deception of sin that makes Christianity seem a false fairy tale-like religion. :doh::crosseo:

Hmmm! Either I went to sleep in Reasoning 101, or something here seems extremely illogical. Please explain Spock!
How is it that "God's laws are timeless..." and yet he (God) wants you to follow "...the archaic Ten Commandments, that apply today...." All of which in your opinion makes "...Christianity seem like a false fairy tale-like religion." There's a huge disconnect here between your summation and the rationale of your premises!
Please look carefully; and you will see that, from the very beginning with Adam and Eve, what God established with the human race was RELATIONSHIP, NOT A RELIGION. However; if it all seems to fairy-tale like, consider that the author of all those timeless Commandments said also, "...My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are My ways your ways, saith the Lord." If we specks of dust in the universe were able to "figure God out", thereby making sense of it all, would that not destroy the whole God thing, making God irrelevant, by reason (hmmm!) of our own intellect?

it's the :bow: Lord !
the sinful and unworthy servant

Upvote 0

The Virginian

Sep 15, 2004
✟16,393.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox

Janice

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE; check your Holy Scriptures. It does not say that God chose the Israelites, because they decided to follow Him. Look carefully and you'll see that created the nation through one who did believe that God could do just as He said, as Jeremiah the prophet wrote: "God is not a man that He should lie, neither is He a son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do it. Has He spoken and will He not make it good."
God set in motion His plan in the Garden of Eden, which one sees in His reply to the Serpent. Many, many years later, through self-revelation (not human intellect) through the prophets, God said why He chose the nation of Israel. They were the least among nations, so that what was accomplished through them, no one could claim was through the power of human might. And what did the prophets say; "...Thou Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity." (Micah 5:2)
Do you not see that this is consistent with the plan of God from long ago, to confound the wise with His foolishness: God becoming man, a Carpenter is King; one man dying for the sins of all mankind; man through obedience sharing in the divine nature. All this and much more because God chose to have communion with His creation, through the out pouring of His own love, lavished upon us in His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ!
All of this, as I said, is plainly given to us through the self-revelation of God, in the Holy Scriptures.

it's the grace of :bow: The Lord!
the sinful and unworthy servant

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0