This Bed is too Hard...This Bed is too Soft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm beginning to feel a bit like Goldilocks, wondering where to set myself down...

Because I believe God is always good and doesn't place sickness on His people, JimM has called me 'WOF' numerous times. (I'm assuming that's why Jim, correct me if I'm wrong please )

But I don't attend WOF. Used to, but I don't adhere to some of Rhema's teaching....Jesus dying spiritually...God not doing anything on earth except through man's prayers and actions. (this was taught at the wof church I used to attend). Just couldn't find the scripture to back it up...and boy howdy did I look.

I also have a revelation of grace but God has shown me grace doesn't mean He suddenly doesn't care if I am acting out of control. My good Father will eventually let me come to the end of myself if I'm sowing into my flesh. Heaven forbid He wouldn't pull me up by my short hairs.

So I believe a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

I think I'm of the "Word of God Spoken With Faith God Is Good Jesus Loves Me Too Much To Let Me Make The Rules Yay God " school of thought.

Can I have my own forum? :)

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:D

Pete! You are oh so right! (maybe we need to make you an honorary second in command though never really in command member) ^_^

Joy....I used to attend Vineyard. Though it just wasn't charismatic 'enough'...LOL! The Vineyard group we just mission-tripped with, though, is all about moving in the gifts, equipping and power evangelism. I like Vineyard. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

If you could have your own forum, what would you call it and who would you allow to be in it?

For example I'm a nice guy, but what about some of my alternate personalities ...
Perhaps you wouldn't like one of them then I would feel slighted and have to start my own forum
where I could then talk to myself all day, not that I don't do that now. lol

So tell us, who would be in and who would be out?

Upvote 0

ralangley

Veteran
May 30, 2007
Washington State, USA
✟18,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you could have your own forum, what would you call it and who would you allow to be in it?

For example I'm a nice guy, but what about some of my alternate personalities ...
Perhaps you wouldn't like one of them then I would feel slighted and have to start my own forum
where I could then talk to myself all day, not that I don't do that now. lol

So tell us, who would be in and who would be out?

I don't want to answer for Hisgirl, but in my pretend land of make-believe, we could have an alternate personality thread where all your personalities could chat, argue, and hopefully resolve their differences...:D

</IMG>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to answer for Hisgirl, but in my pretend land of make-believe, we could have an alternate personality thread where all your personalities could chat, argue, and hopefully resolve their differences...:D

</IMG>

Cool ... only one rule ...
you can only use one user name ... :cool:
:confused: :yum: :thumbsup:

There's four of my alternate's now ... lol

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you a bit on the sickness thing - why does God/devil etc have to make people sick. Whats wrong in thinking that sickness is caused by the fact that we inhabit fallen, decaying bodies? why does it have to be a spiritual thing?

Some time I think christians either give to much credence to the devil or seek to find meaning from God

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with you a bit on the sickness thing - why does God/devil etc have to make people sick. Whats wrong in thinking that sickness is caused by the fact that we inhabit fallen, decaying bodies? why does it have to be a spiritual thing...?

In the Bible AND ministry, we see evidence for both. Many of the Old Testament kosher laws were basically health codes so the Jews would avoid many sicknesses that their neighbors and enemies did not. As Gentiles, we are not bound to them, but can certainly benefit from them. That is an example of nonspiritual causation. The underlying reason for a sickness calls for discernment.

Upvote 0
J

johnnine

I'm beginning to feel a bit like Goldilocks, wondering where to set myself down...

Because I believe God is always good and doesn't place sickness on His people, JimM has called me 'WOF' numerous times. (I'm assuming that's why Jim, correct me if I'm wrong please )

But I don't attend WOF. Used to, but I don't adhere to some of Rhema's teaching....Jesus dying spiritually...God not doing anything on earth except through man's prayers and actions. (this was taught at the wof church I used to attend). Just couldn't find the scripture to back it up...and boy howdy did I look.

I also have a revelation of grace but God has shown me grace doesn't mean He suddenly doesn't care if I am acting out of control. My good Father will eventually let me come to the end of myself if I'm sowing into my flesh. Heaven forbid He wouldn't pull me up by my short hairs.

I think I'm of the "Word of God Spoken With Faith God Is Good Jesus Loves Me Too Much To Let Me Make The Rules Yay God " school of thought.

I would recommend that you quit trying to mix grace with law.

That may be the "norm', but that in no way justifies it.

Just something to think about. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I'm misreading the previous message (#15, which appears to be missing), but God's laws are still real and in effect. It's just that the Law of the Spirit is greater, including the availability of grace and forgiveness, like the laws of aerodynamics are greater than the law of gravity... :bow:

So our theology must, necessarily, mix grace with law.

Upvote 0
J

johnnine

Maybe I'm misreading the previous message, but God's laws are still real and in effect. It's just that the Law of the Spirit is greater, including the availability of grace and forgiveness, like the laws of aerodynamics are greater than the law of gravity... :bow:

So our theology must, necessarily, mix grace with law.

Nope. Only an idiot would try to do such a thing.

(or those who do not understand that aerodynamics does not supercide gravity, but rather depends upon it! DUH!! :doh: )

Only a moron or a pharisee comparible to the pharisees of Jesus time would think that Jesus is insufficient.

Ummm, so then explain again why you think Jesus is insufficient?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ummm, so then explain again why you think Jesus is insufficient?

He is MORE than sufficient... But grace has at least ONE condition...

Romans 10:13 says,
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Those who DON'T call on His name, won't be.

1John 5:12 says,
"He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life."

1John 1:9 says,
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." This also implies we have unrighteousness up to that point.

John 15:1-16, the Vine and branches, makes clear the consequences of abiding or not abiding in Jesus.

At the very minimum, "abiding" means coming to Him when you are not saved and coming back to him if you fail after you are saved. Until you do, you will be subject to the law of sin and death. Your eternal destination might be subject to debate, but Ananias & Sapphira (Acts 5) were Christians when they lied and they died under God's judgement. :bow:

Upvote 0

PastorJoey

Veteran
Oct 6, 2005
Post, TX.
Visit site
✟13,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Hello, I thought I'd step in to the non WOF forum to see whats going on. I hope I am not crossing lines by doing this but I read your post HisGirl and wanted to reply.

True, The Jesus Died spiritually teaching [which means nothing more than Jesus was separated from the Father's presence for a time] is held by probably most WOF teachers. However, this teaching is not exclusive to WOF teachers. The phrase "spiritual death" was actually first coined by Evangelist Billy Graham. IOW's this doctrine is not a determining issue as to whether someone is WOF or not. I know WOF people who do not believe JDS. It isnt a defining doctrine for WOF.

As for the "God not doing anything on earth unless someone prays, etc..." teaching. This is rooted in the "Authority of the Believer" doctrine being taught now for the last two weeks on the Believers Voice of Victory broadcast. Think of it this way, Why do we need to pray or intercede for the lost if God could do without it? Our faith releases His ability in the Earth. I feel I am over stepping my bounds so I'll leave it with saying that John Wesley in one of His Journals wrote these words, "It seems as though God can do nothing in the Earth except someone asks Him to". I know it isnt scripture [I've resisted in order to be brief] but its just to show that this teaching isnt exclusive to WOF either. I believe a deeper study in the Authority of the Believer would bring a clearer understanding.

PastorJoey

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's an interesting point, Pastor Joey. Why do we need to bother praying if God can act without it?

I submit that God CAN do as He chooses. It is not a limitaion on His power that causes things not to happen. He does not wish to interfere with free will, for one thing. God COULD save every lost soul, heal every infirmity, and feed every starving child in a single instant. He doesn't do that for the same reason that parents teaching a child to ride a bicycle don't jump on the seat and pedal for them. (Overly simplistic, I know. God operates on a much grander scale.)

God doesn't need my prayers, but I need to give them.

I've been presented before with the teaching that God does nothing except in response to prayer. Truthfully I hadn't thought it all the way through before. But I would like to maintain that it's not because God CAN'T act. It's because for some reason that is above my understanding, He WON'T.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.