Third Temple Shekel Antichrist location?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading about this prophecy theory. It is Isreali Independence 70th year. There is a building of a Third Temple Shekel. And the Red Heifers have been born.

If we can, there is no prophecy of a third temple. And any red heifer born today would be long dead before the political climate in Israel changed enough to allow it to be built.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If we can, there is no prophecy of a third temple. And any red heifer born today would be long dead before the political climate in Israel changed enough to allow it to be built.
Actually there is many prophesies that prove a Third Temple will be built. 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Revelation 11:1, are proof of its existence in the end times.

But the Jews will not build it. Their Judaism religion is not acceptable to God, as they still reject His Son.
Men from far away will build the Temple....Zechariah 6:15 They will be every faithful Christian, gathered into all of the holy Land soon after that entire area is cleared and cleansed by the devastating Day of the Lord's wrath by fire. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 1:14-18

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been reading about this prophecy theory. It is Isreali Independence 70th year. There is a building of a Third Temple Shekel. And the Red Heifers have been born.
A shekel is not something a person builds - but makes. It is a coin.

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Psalm 118:26
Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think many people can figure out most or all the Jewish people in Israel wants to see the 3rd temple built but not many are aware that many Muslims too would love to see Israel build a 3rd temple. The only thing that has prevented this reality is the lack of a peace treaty. So don't be surprise to see construction begin sometime after the peace treaty. Muslims want it as badly as the Jews.

From the Muslim Times:
How can we build the Third Temple together?

New Muslim vision for Temple Mount
Op-ed: Devout Muslim dreams of seeing people of all faiths praying together at Jerusalem holy site

A Muslim Looking Forward to the Third Temple?

The bible even tells us the gentiles will be given a portion of the temple to worship at in Revelation 11:2.

Revelation 11:2 King James Version (KJV)
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

There's many other scriptures that confirms the construction of a physical third temple in the near future, but my favorite is found in Psalm 118 because it confirms Christ's return shortly after the construction of the third temple.

Psalm 118:18-27 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 The Lord has chastened me severely,
But He has not given me over to death.

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness;
I will go through them,
And I will praise the Lord.

20 This is the gate of the Lord,
Through which the righteous shall enter.

21 I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.

22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.

23 This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.

24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I pray, O Lord;
O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity.

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
We have blessed you from the house of the Lord.

27 God is the Lord,
And He has given us light;
Bind the sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar.

Build the 3rd Temple and the rapture will shortly follow. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm stocked up on popcorn.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and opressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Would it be clear that the person who comes from the temple will not be Jesus but the antichrist?

I haven't looked much into the scriptures yet, but both Christians and Muslims seem to believe that the person who will come from the temple claiming to be God will be the antichrist.

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Would it be clear that the person who comes from the temple will not be Jesus but the antichrist?

That's kind of a yes and no answer. I'm pretty sure if you ask 100 people on this forum with a futurist view, they will all say yes too. It's because of tradition and I was one of them that use to believe that too up until a year ago when I realized an error. What got me started was when I noticed the blood stains on Jesus' robe in Isaiah 63:1-6 and Revelation 19:13.

But I'm not really interested in getting into a lengthy debate about when the second coming actually begins, so "yes" the a/c will sit in the temple and commit blasphemy at the middle of the 7 year tribulation. Before that is the "no" but
I'll leave out this part of the discussion except have a look at Revelation 19:13 and Isaiah 63:1-6 which shows Jesus was already on earth executing judgment - God's wrath - before Revelation 19. In short, Revelation 19 is the final stage of the second coming.

I have numerous other scriptures to support this but as I said, I'm not interested in any lengthy debate because it'll just shock a lot of people. However, I would like to hear other people's opinions who believes there will be a coming false messiah.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think many people can figure out most or all the Jewish people in Israel wants to see the 3rd temple built but not many are aware that many Muslims too would love to see Israel build a 3rd temple. The only thing that has prevented this reality is the lack of a peace treaty. So don't be surprise to see construction begin sometime after the peace treaty. Muslims want it as badly as the Jews.

From the Muslim Times:

Op-ed: Devout Muslim dreams of seeing people of all faiths praying together at Jerusalem holy site

The bible even tells us the gentiles will be given a portion of the temple to worship at in Revelation 11:2.

Revelation 11:2 King James Version (KJV)
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

There's many other scriptures that confirms the construction of a physical third temple in the near future, but my favorite is found in Psalm 118 because it confirms Christ's return shortly after the construction of the third temple.

Psalm 118:18-27 New King James Version (NKJV)

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness;
I will go through them,
And I will praise the Lord.

20 This is the gate of the Lord,
Through which the righteous shall enter.

21 I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.

22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.

23 This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.

24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I pray, O Lord;
O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity.

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
We have blessed you from the house of the Lord.

27 God is the Lord,
And He has given us light;
Bind the sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar.

Build the 3rd Temple and the rapture will shortly follow. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!
Hi Seville, it is absolutely in concrete that the 70th week follows immediately after Gog/Magog.

But there may be a scenario that the current situation with Russia, Turkey, Iran gets delayed until after the temple is built.

The limitation is before the end of 2030, Gog/Magog has to take place... 1967+70 years = 2037 minus 7 years = 2030.

The scenario would be Trump's peace plan facilitates the building of the third temple. There are over ten years left between now and 2030 to do so. That would allow for a substantial sized temple to be built. And would also set up Israel living in peace in Ezekiel 38.

I am only saying that is a possible scenario. Right now Russia, Turkey, Iran appear to be on a direct route to Gog/Magog... which if that happens before a third temple is built, would require a downsized core temple to be built within the first year of the 7 years.

Trump was supposed to have revealed his peace plan at the U.N. annual general assembly, but so far has not happened.

The Jews in Israel are touting Trump as the second Cyrus.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The kingdom was taken from those who reject the "chief cornerstone" and it was given to those who accept the "chief cornerstone".

Based on Hebrews 10:16-18 there can be no more sacrifices for sin.

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi Seville, it is absolutely in concrete that the 70th week follows immediately after Gog/Magog.

But there may be a scenario that the current situation with Russia, Turkey, Iran gets delayed until after the temple is built.

The limitation is before the end of 2030, Gog/Magog has to take place... 1967+70 years = 2037 minus 7 years = 2030.

The scenario would be Trump's peace plan facilitates the building of the third temple. There are over ten years left between now and 2030 to do so. That would allow for a substantial sized temple to be built. And would also set up Israel living in peace in Ezekiel 38.

I am only saying that is a possible scenario. Right now Russia, Turkey, Iran appear to be on a direct route to Gog/Magog... which if that happens before a third temple is built, would require a downsized core temple to be built within the first year of 7 years.

Trump was supposed to have revealed his peace plan at the U.N. annual general assembly, but so far has not happened.

The Jews in Israel are touting Trump as the second Cyrus.

Douggg, I'm aware you believe the battle of Gog & Magog happens before the tribulation but I don't think I'll be able to convince you otherwise even with verses like Ezekiel 38:11-14 showing Israel living in such peace and safety without walls or bars that the A/C's army marched into Jerusalem uncontested without them being aware that they had being invaded, Ezekiel 38:14.

Ezekiel 38:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord God; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

Something significant has to happen to cause Israel to go into such peace before Ezekiel 38 can happen because Israel surely is not in any type of peace currently. If your answer is a war, then yes it's partially correct, but it's not the war you think.

Go back to Psalm 118:18-27. Now have a look at the verses before verse 18. Israel is at war and she will be surrounded by her enemies, but it's not the Ezekiel 38 war.

This war involves Israel's immediate neighboring countries: Lebanon (Hezbollah), Syria (Assad), Gaza (Hamas), maybe Fatah - the terrorist group in Palestine, maybe the Sinai but not involving Egypt and I don't think Jordan is involved either, but maybe against Iran.

All these terrorist organizations within the countries surrounding Israel has to be eliminated before a real peace deal can be achieved. Meaning even if Israel and the Palestinians agree to an eternal peace agreement, Israel will continue with the threat of war because these terrorist group don't abide by international laws or agreements. They have to be eliminated in order for Israel to achieve real peace in the Middle East. And Israel knows this too. It's why Israel is pushing for war now under Trump's administration. It's the only way to attain real peace.

This is also why in the preceding verses: Psalm 118:10-118, you see Israel in a war before the construction of a temple and Jesus comes.

Psalm 118:10-18 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 All nations surrounded me,
But in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
11 They surrounded me,
Yes, they surrounded me;
But in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
12 They surrounded me like bees;
They were quenched like a fire of thorns;
For in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
13 You pushed me violently, that I might fall,
But the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.
15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation
Is in the tents of the righteous;
The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
16 The right hand of the Lord is exalted;
The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
17 I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the Lord.

This war between Israel and her surrounding neighbors are also confirmed in Isaiah 26:11-21, showing Israel victorious over her surrounding enemies and will expand her borders into those invading countries. Soon after the war comes the rapture in verse 19 and the second coming in verse 21.

Israel's war: verses 11-18.
Jesus comes for the church: verse 19.
Second coming: verse 21.
A/C defeated: Isaiah 27:1

Isaiah 26:11-21 King James Version (KJV)
11 Lord, when thy hand is lifted up, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea, the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.
12 Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.
13 O Lord our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name.
14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
15 Thou hast increased the nation, O Lord, thou hast increased the nation: thou art glorified: thou hadst removed it far unto all the ends of the earth.
16 Lord, in trouble have they visited thee, they poured out a prayer when thy chastening was upon them.
17 Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O Lord.
18 We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.

19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Isaiah 27:1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

When this war happens, I'm sure many people will think Psalm 83. No, it's not Psalm 83, that already happened back in 1947-49, the war of Independence. Some people will think Gog/Magog, but that's not correct either because G/M will happen when Israel is in full peace and safety without walls, gates and bars. G/M will happen during the middle of the 7 year tribulation after the peace treaty and all the surrounding terrorist groups are eliminated in the coming months.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
@Douggg, Oops! Forget to add this in. It's best we conclude to agree to disagree on the timing of Gog/Magog since the answer will be reveal soon anyways when Trump announces the peace treaty. That would settle the matter.

However, don't be surprise if the peace treaty happens with the Palestinians before the war against her neighbors as the treaty is only with the Palestinians, not with the surrounding terrorist groups. Just keep that in mind and not be surprise if it happens.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 38:11-14 King James Version (KJV)
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord God; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

Eze 38:15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:
Eze 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.
Eze 38:17 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?
Eze 38:18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face.
Eze 38:19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
Eze 38:20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.
Eze 38:21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
Eze 38:22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
Eze 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Rev_11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Rev_16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Douggg, I'm aware you believe the battle of Gog & Magog happens before the tribulation but I don't think I'll be able to convince you otherwise even with verses like Ezekiel 38:11-14 showing Israel living in such peace and safety without walls or bars that the A/C's army marched into Jerusalem uncontested without them being aware that they had being invaded, Ezekiel 38:14.
The reason for my absolute certainty that Gog/Magog immediately precedes the 7 years - is not because of anything in Ezekiel 38 - but Ezekiel 39.

Jesus Himself is speaking in Ezekiel 39:21-29, having returned to earth, having destroyed the armies of the heathen gathered to make war on him in Ezekiel 39:17-20.

In Ezekiel 39:4 is the feast on Gog's army - in the text. Followed by the detailed cleanup of the land, ending in Ezekiel 39:16. There is no more mention of Gog's army after that.

Between Ezekiel 39:16 and Ezekiel 39:17-20 is the seven years which Israel burns the weapons - which corresponds to the 70th week.

Something significant has to happen to cause Israel to go into such peace before Ezekiel 38 can happen because Israel surely is not in any type of peace currently. If your answer is a war, then yes it's partially correct, but it's not the war you think.

Whatever it is that you think causes the peace in Ezekiel 38 - doesn't change anything in Ezekiel 39 because Ezekiel 39 is after Gog/Magog is all over.

G/M will happen during the middle of the 7 year tribulation after the peace treaty and all the surrounding terrorist groups are eliminated in the coming months.

Can't be. That would put the 7 years of burning of the weapons of Gog/Magog over 3 years into the millennium.

You are under the notion, which is almost universal, that the confirming of the covenant for 7 years is some sort of peace agreement by the Antichrist.

But that is not correct. The confirming of the covenant for 7 years was established by Moses back in Deuteronomy 31:9-13 of all future leaders of Israel. It is essentially a big remembrance speech addressed to the nation of Israel every 7 years, by the leaders of Israel, on the feast of tabernacles, and from the place of God's choosing - which the Jews take to be the temple mount.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
However, I would like to hear other people's opinions who believes there will be a coming false messiah.
The Jews are looking for another as the messiah - someone other than Jesus. The functional role of the messiah is to be the King of Israel, descended from King David. So he has to be a Jew.

John 12:
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Matthew 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Between Ezekiel 39:16 and Ezekiel 39:17-20 is the seven years which Israel burns the weapons - which corresponds to the 70th week.

Douggg, this is not feasibly possible. You do realize Jerusalem is destroyed at the middle of the tribulation during the AoD with all the other cities in Israel shortly after?

All of Israel is destroyed by the second half of the tribulation. The Jews have fled and scattered throughout the world. There's no Israel or people there for much of the second half.

Amos 9:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the Lord.
9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

Jeremiah 7:34 King James Version (KJV)
34 Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.

Isaiah 64:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
9 Be not wroth very sore, O Lord, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech thee, we are all thy people.
10 Thy holy cities are a wilderness, Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation.
11 Our holy and our beautiful house, where our fathers praised thee, is burned up with fire: and all our pleasant things are laid waste.

There's nobody within a city in Israel to burn the weapons as firewood anytime during the second half of the 7 year tribulation. This 7 year period of cold climate is after the tribulation when the nuclear winter hits the world after the war, a nuclear war. The bible even tells us the world will burn with intense heat during the 7 years in the tribulation. 2 Peter 3:10

Ezekiel 39:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord God.

Here's the evidence the 7 years of burning weapons is after the tribulation. The A/C dies during Ezekiel 39:1-6. After the A/C dies, the end of the tribulation is around the corner. The weapons being burn is in Ezekiel 39:9-10.

You are under the notion, which is almost universal, that the confirming of the covenant for 7 years is some sort of peace agreement by the Antichrist.

Actually no Douggg, Trump is the one negotiating the peace treaty, not the A/C. The A/C merely confirms the treaty, he's not the facilitator on the peace deal.

The Jews are looking for another as the messiah - someone other than Jesus. The functional role of the messiah is to be the King of Israel, descended from King David. So he has to be a Jew.

Their messiah will be Jewish, but why and where in the bible states that a false messiah will arise?

Upvote 0