Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Demonstrated very well by the 2 posters above.

But my 'shock' at parousia's assertion that Jesus was Crucified in the middle of the 69th 'week' to be such a bad and unscriptural idea, that it puts him at risk of severe Judgment. James 3:1

I do look at the KJV, only because you and many others go by its erroneous, poorly translated and archaic language.
The seven months of searching for and burying of the bones is obviously time for all the flesh to be gone, either by carrion animals, even rats, but also ants and bacteria.
However: it will take seven years for all the weapons to be finally disposed of. I see that 7 years being completed before, or at the mid point of the final 7 years.

Provide a single name of a recognized historical defender of the true faith before the 19th century who denied that Christ completely fulfilled Daniel 9:24.

A single name.

Source, quote, and date, please.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I see that 7 years being completed before, or at the mid point of the final 7 years.

Ezekiel 39:

21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.

22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

v22. Is Jesus speaking about the church, who since its beginning has believed that Jesus is God ?

Or is Jesus speaking about the Jews who for the passed 2000 years and presently do not believe that Jesus is God?

v17-20 is the Armageddon event - 7 years after the Gog/Magog event.

upload_2020-10-29_13-48-16.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In Daniel 9:26, the messiah cutoff, but not for himself, is Jesus.
Yes....on this we agree. And this was "in the middle of the week" - the 70th week. The Bible is a story about God's redemption of humanity. IMO....to frame the story as a battle between God and an evil opposer (which is what it seems like you're doing) gives Satan undue credit (again...my opinion).

Also.....this prophecy isn't about humanity in general. It's limited to "Daniel's people" and their covenantal period.

Who confirms the covenant (the Mt. Sinai covenant) for 7 years. Is the great opposer (to Jesus).
This is where I think we ought to park for a while. Any opposer of Jesus can't confirm any of His covenants with His people. I realize that's the futurist's framework....and that it's a deceiver that's believed to do that....but can you see how that diminishes God's power and faithfulness to His people?

Daniel and the Israelites were under the Mosaic Covenant when Daniel prophesied this (although they had already broken the covenant). Why would a broken covenant be re-confirmed? That would only continue to bring the curses of the covenant upon them (Deuteronomy 28:15-65) and that's what Daniel's prayer of repentance was all about.

Daniel 9:11
Yes, all Israel have transgressed your law, even by departing, that they might not obey your voice; therefore the curse is poured on us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

Quoting Ellicott's commentary:

The curse.—The passages in the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy, to which Daniel refers, had already been noticed by Isaiah (Isaiah 1), as having received a partial fulfilment in his times. It remains for Daniel to realise the complete “pouring” out of the curse. It is poured out like a torrent of rain (see Exodus 9:33); as the fire melts the silver (Ezekiel 22:20-22), so does the curse cause the nation to melt away.

Daniel 9:11 Commentaries: "Indeed all Israel has transgressed Your law and turned aside, not obeying Your voice; so the curse has been poured out on us, along with the oath which is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, for we have sinned against Him.
The hope of the New Covenant to be confirmed (future to Daniel/fulfilled in Christ) was that it rescues Daniel's people from this Mosaic Law curse of destruction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is where I think we ought to park for a while. Any opposer of Jesus can't confirm any of His covenants with His people.
The great opposer to Jesus comes in his own name, to be anointed the King of Israel by the false prophet... making the person the Antichrist at that moment.

The Jews currently oppose Jesus as being the messiah, King of Israel. The great opposer will be a Jew, who's religion is Judaism. To the Jews, he will appear to be the King of Israel/messiah that they have been looking for.

When the great opposer goes into the temple sits, claims to be God, it will reveal him to be the man of sin - and not the messiah after all to the Jews. It ends the person's time as the Antichrist, King of Israel coming in his own name.

Next stop for the great opposer - is to becoming the beast.

the little horn>prince who shall come>the Antichrist>the revealed man of sin>the beast

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The great opposer to Jesus comes in his own name, to be anointed the King of Israel by the false prophet... making the person the Antichrist at that moment.
Did you read my entire post? I apologize. I realize it's lengthy (I'm definitely not gifted with the talent of summarization)....but there's a point there i want you to see:

Why would a broken covenant be re-confirmed? That would only continue to bring the curses of the covenant upon them (Deuteronomy 28:15-65) and that's what Daniel's prayer of repentance was all about....Daniel was praying to hold back God's wrath on the Israelites.

Daniel 9:16
O Lord, in accordance with all Your righteous acts, let now Your anger and Your wrath turn away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; for because of our sins and the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people have become a reproach to all those around us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Did you read my entire post? I apologize. I realize it's lengthy (I'm definitely not gifted with the talent of summarization)....but there's a point there i want you to see.
The Jews will embrace the new covenant in Christ, in the middle of the 70th week forthcoming. After their missing the mark of thinking the great opposer to be their long awaited King of Israel/Messiah.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Jews will embrace the new covenant in Christ, in the middle of the 70th week forthcoming. After their missing the mark of thinking the great opposer to be their long awaited King of Israel/Messiah.
That's not in the biblical text. The modern Jews aren't in the narrative. This is about the ancient biblical Israelites that were in captivity for their sin of transgressing the Mosaic Covenant. This was part of Daniel's prayer for them:

O Lord, in accordance with all Your righteous acts, let now Your anger and Your wrath turn away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; for because of our sins and the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people have become a reproach to all those around us.
Daniel had been reading Jeremiah, which states (Daniel 9:2):

Jeremiah 32:31
For this city has aroused My wrath and fury from the day it was built until now. Therefore I will remove it from My presence

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The modern Jews aren't in the narrative. This is about the ancient biblical Israelites that were in captivity for their sin of transgressing the Mosaic Covenant. This was part of Daniel's prayer for them:

O Lord, in accordance with all Your righteous acts, let now Your anger and Your wrath turn away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; for because of our sins and the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people have become a reproach to all those around us.​
The Jews, Daniel's people are still in the narrative, as is Jerusalem.

Because the prophecy of the 70 shmitahs in Daniel 9:24 are not yet fulfilled - until the days of the sounding of the 7th angel in Revelation 10:7.

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Jews, Daniel's people are still in the narrative, as is Jerusalem.
Certainly we can agree that today's Jews weren't alive in Daniel's day (right?)....so let's just consider the timing and those people alive with Daniel in order to keep the context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Certainly we can agree that today's Jews weren't alive in Daniel's day (right?)....so let's just consider the timing and those people alive with Daniel in order to keep the context.
None of us here were alive in Daniel's day. Even Daniel was not alive to see the messiah cutoff but not for himself. It was over 400 years from the Jews of Daniel's day that the prophecy of the messiah cutoff was fulfilled.

The 70 shmitah cycles are complete - except for the 70th, which is still forthcoming, to complete the things in v.24.

The Jews and Israel of today cannot be removed from the 70 shimtah cycles. And they are also part of the Gog/Magog prophecy.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nope, do you?

Genesis 18:22-33

"As in the days of Lot, so shall the coming of the Son of man be. "
Tim, it would be helpful to the rest of us for you to refer to the other poster and post you are responding to.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
None of us here were alive in Daniel's day. Even Daniel was not alive to see the messiah cutoff but not for himself.
Of course that's true....but instead of jumping ahead....please focus on the immediate context. Scripture sets up this particular narrative like this:

Daniel 9:1-6
1In the first year of Darius son of Xerxes,a a Mede by descent, who was made ruler over the kingdom of the Chaldeansb2in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood from the sacred books, according to the word of the LORD to Jeremiah the prophet, that the desolation of Jerusalem would last seventy years.c 3So I turned my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and petition, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.4And I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed, “O, Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant of loving devotiond to those who love Him and keep His commandments, 5we have sinned and done wrong. We have acted wickedly and rebelled. We have turned away from Your commandments and ordinances. 6We have not listened to Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings, leaders, and fathers, and to all the people of the land.

Douggg said:
The Jews and Israel of today cannot be removed from the 70 shimtah cycles
Whether that's true or not about the shimtah cycles....we most definitely - especially for the sake of contextual comprehension - should remove modern Jews from this text.

The biblical ancient Israelites had all the curses of the Mosaic Covenant determined against them. Confirming the covenant again (what you're asserting) would only mean the curses and destruction would come upon them. Daniel was praying for the redemption and salvation of the Israelites....and Gabriel came to bring him a message of hope (it may not have been speedy or immediate....but the Israelites had at least 490 more years to not have their end come).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Of course that's true....but instead of jumping ahead....please focus on the immediate context. Scripture sets up this particular narrative like this:

Daniel 9:1-6
1In the first year of Darius son of Xerxes,a a Mede by descent, who was made ruler over the kingdom of the Chaldeansb2in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood from the sacred books, according to the word of the LORD to Jeremiah the prophet, that the desolation of Jerusalem would last seventy years.c 3So I turned my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and petition, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.4And I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed, “O, Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant of loving devotiond to those who love Him and keep His commandments, 5we have sinned and done wrong. We have acted wickedly and rebelled. We have turned away from Your commandments and ordinances. 6We have not listened to Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings, leaders, and fathers, and to all the people of the land.

Whether that's true or not about the shimtah cycles....we most definitely - especially for the sake of contextual comprehension - should remove modern Jews from this text.
Daniel in those verses setup that the covenant in Daniel 9 is the Mt. Sinai covenant. Daniel in his prayer referred to the law of Moses, v11 And it was Moses who set the requirement that the Mt. Sinai covenant be confirmed for 7 years, and tied it to the shmitah cycle in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 27:5
5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Luke 10
37b Go, and do thou likewise.

I've been disobedient. How about you?
I have no idea of what you are talking about, or why.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Confirming the covenant again (what you're asserting) would only mean the curses and destruction would come upon them
1Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

The Jews (and the world) will be saying peace and safety because they will be thinking that that they have entered the messianic age, when the prince who shall come confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant for 7 years, as the just anointed King of Israel/messiah.

That's whats coming, mkgal1, following Gog/Magog.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Daniel in those verses setup that the covenant in Daniel 9 is the Mt. Sinai covenant. Daniel in his prayer referred to the law of Moses, v11 And it was Moses who set the requirement that the Mt. Sinai covenant be confirmed for 7 years, and tied it to the shmitah cycle in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.
That is your opinion that you're importing.
Daniel and the ancient Israelites were already in the Mosaic covenant at that time. and experiencing the curses in part (the full destruction was pending):

1Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

The Jews (and the world) will be saying peace and safety because they will be thinking that that they have entered the messianic age, when the prince who shall come confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant for 7 years, as the just anointed King of Israel/messiah.

That's whats coming, mkgal1, following Gog/Magog.
We are not "they"....nor are modern-day Jews. Keep it in context.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Provide a single name of a recognized historical defender of the true faith before the 19th century who denied that Christ completely fulfilled Daniel 9:24.

A single name.

Source, quote, and date, please.
As none of the commentators or Christian expositors could possibly know all the truths of God's Plans, Matthew 11:25, why would you want to believe them on this issue?
Daniel 9:24 is plainly not yet fulfilled. Jesus brought the means for it's fulfillment, but none of it has happened yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.