• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Thinking too much is ruining my life

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thinking too much is ruining my life. Everytime something is going well, i end up thinking i have to give it up because it might be sinful.

For example, Jesus has given me a gift, i think i should not use it because i should do something else instead, because it would please God better. But why on earth would God then gift me if He doesn't want me to use it??

Or that i should give up my friends. Please guys I don't want to ruin my life again because of paranoia. I'm afraid i will, if i don't stop thinking.

• Prayers
Reactions: gennypearl

ChristIsSovereign

Jun 9, 2016
Beaver Falls, New York
✟20,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thinking too much is ruining my life. Everytime something is going well, i end up thinking i have to give it up because it might be sinful.

For example, Jesus has given me a gift, i think i should not use it because i should do something else instead, because it would please God better. But why on earth would God then gift me if He doesn't want me to use it??

Or that i should give up my friends. Please guys I don't want to ruin my life again because of paranoia. I'm afraid i will, if i don't stop thinking.

Pray about it. I've felt the same way about my ability to write poetry.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
God wants to bless you. Accept His blessing and use it.

But that spirit of paranoia is not from God for
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As far as I can tell, pleasure & sensuality would only be problems for the following two reasons,
  1. You have to participate in clearly understood sin to enjoy it, or
  2. You give time to that pursuit that you clearly understand to belong somewhere else.
If neither of these apply, you are good to go.

If only #2 applies, your pursuit is otherwise okay, but your timing is inappropriate.

"You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you guys think i should give up my best friend? She believes in Jesus but she is unrepentant. I read somewhere Paul saying we should shun people like that, although he is talking about the congregation i guess. And i don't know why the Holy Spirit would've let me sin this much and not say anything, until i have a moment of paranoia and think about this.

This is making me sick to my stomach. I don't want to give up my friend because of sudden paranoia, but I don't want to chose her over Jesus either.

Help please

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She believes in Jesus but she is unrepentant.
By that, do you mean that
  • She is a believer who is making some bad choices, or
  • She is an unbeliever who has some vague knowledge of Jesus?
If #1, all of your Christian friends (and you) will wrestle with sin while in this world.

If #2,
"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you guys think i should give up my best friend? She believes in Jesus but she is unrepentant. I read somewhere Paul saying we should shun people like that, although he is talking about the congregation i guess. And i don't know why the Holy Spirit would've let me sin this much and not say anything, until i have a moment of paranoia and think about this.

This is making me sick to my stomach. I don't want to give up my friend because of sudden paranoia, but I don't want to chose her over Jesus either.

Help please
If you choose to remain friends (I hope you do) keep letting her know how much God loves her.
This has good effects on you and hopefully on her.
If she really is your friend her ways will change.
If she is not she will not want to be around you.

Upvote 0

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I gave her a Bible and i talk about God to her relatively much (more then the average, i guess). I read again the passage (1 Corinthians 5), its about the congregation. Thanks guys.

I have prayed about it and nothing has happened, do you guys think nothing has happened because it was only some paranoia of mine? I think this is a sign she will repent of her sins. When she came here i felt like i should give her a bible (the New Testment actually) which i did.

God does the best for us. I believe she will one day pray with me and go to church with me. I pray sometimes about her conversion.

Do you guys think this is settled then?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That's not "thinking." That is "reacting", the lack of thinking.

Upvote 0

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In her problem areas, what is she going to do to you?

Judge away. So then . . .

What areas of your life are still problematic with the Lord?

She doesnt know much detail about my spiritual life so that's not much of a problem

Upvote 0