Thinking Hebraically

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes
Belief (on which the majority of followers seem to base their relationship) is thought/idea based
Trust (on which our relationship is supposed to be based) is action based
My husband teaches it like this:
A man and his blind son were walking across town. They had an agreement that if they came to railroad tracks and it was safe the father would tap his son on the shoulder and they would both cross the tracks.
Now, when they got to the train yard it was very noisy and the rumble of trains could be felt through the ground. When they came to the tracks the father checked carefully both ways, it was clear. He tapped his son on the shoulder.
1) the son had no trouble believing his father existed, he had just tapped him on the shoulder
2) but if the son hesitated he demonstrated he had a lack o f trust.

Upvote 0

rsduncan

Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
✟10,402.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Belief (on which the majority of followers seem to base their relationship) is thought/idea based
Trust (on which our relationship is supposed to be based) is action based
My husband teaches it like this:
A man and his blind son were walking across town. They had an agreement that if they came to railroad tracks and it was safe the father would tap his son on the shoulder and they would both cross the tracks.
Now, when they got to the train yard it was very noisy and the rumble of trains could be felt through the ground. When they came to the tracks the father checked carefully both ways, it was clear. He tapped his son on the shoulder.
1) the son had no trouble believing his father existed, he had just tapped him on the shoulder
2) but if the son hesitated he demonstrated he had a lack o f trust.

This is why Abraham's faith in G-d can be accounted as righteousness...

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is why Abraham's faith in G-d can be accounted as righteousness...

Yes, because everything he heard Hashem tell him to do, even something as simple as get up, go outside and look up at the stars - Abraham obeyed. He didn't just mentally acknowledge that Hashem had spoken, he reacted on what he heard.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Yes, because everything he heard Hashem tell him to do, even something as simple as get up, go outside and look up at the stars - Abraham obeyed. He didn't just mentally acknowledge that Hashem had spoken, he reacted on what he heard.

I read most of it. This is amazing! If I'm reading correctly, people then didn't ruminate so much on their thoughts. That's good news for people who think too much I guess, yes?

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
We miss so much and have the wrong point of view of scripture so often, because we think with a Greco-western mind set. For many in the Church and even in the secular culture it is the only "right" way to think :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
zeener said:
I read most of it. This is amazing! If I'm reading correctly, people then didn't ruminate so much on their thoughts. That's good news for people who think too much I guess, yes?
Even with G-d, actions are louder than words, or thoughts, or merely belief. ;)

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
yedida said:
You can hear him teach weekly on CTOMC or are you in his area in Va.?

I've known Duane and his teaching, on the Internet, for nearly 15 years. I have not heard him on CTOMC yet because our one computer is so old and barely running and DH needs it for our ministry and his writing. Trying to get it to handle InSpeak would likely fry it's innards, or at the very least drop out of the program repeatedly.
Getting InSpeak back is high on the list when G-d sees fit for us to get new computers ;)

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Even with G-d, actions are louder than words, or thoughts, or merely belief. ;)

For someone who suffers from OCD like symptoms, the hebraic view/action could possibly help the mind, if what I am seeing is true, and a mind could renew on the scriptures based on this view. That's what I'm thinking. I could be totally out to lunch on that.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
zeener said:
For someone who suffers from OCD like symptoms, the hebraic view/action could possibly help the mind, if what I am seeing is true, and a mind could renew on the scriptures based on this view. That's what I'm thinking. I could be totally out to lunch on that.

That makes sense to me. :idea:

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've known Duane and his teaching, on the Internet, for nearly 15 years. I have not heard him on CTOMC yet because our one computer is so old and barely running and DH needs it for our ministry and his writing. Trying to get it to handle InSpeak would likely fry it's innards, or at the very least drop out of the program repeatedly.
Getting InSpeak back is high on the list when G-d sees fit for us to get new computers ;)

I didn't even realize that he has his teachings up online. That's wonderful. I'll send folks to him that could benefit.
Here's praying for a decent computer for you. I think CTOMC/inSpeak is wonderful for those who don't have a home congregation. Avner Solomon and many of the other teachers are great! And you get to know the other attendees well, just like here on the forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The important thing to remember, is that the gentiles, received the Holy Spirit not by works, and I think that is amazing. Thank you Jesus, you are a living being, and the promse of the Spirit, came to the sons of Abraham by faith. And the miracles performed were a part of the promise too.The odd thing is, that the Jews, even though they do not realise it, is that they have to come in the same way as the Gentiles, and it has nothingh to do with Judiasm, one new man..

We are in one Spirit now.

Galatians 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Amazing..praise Jesus!:clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
The important thing to remember, is that the gentiles, received the Holy Spirit not by works, and I think that is amazing. Thank you Jesus, you are a living being, and the promse of the Spirit, came to the sons of Abraham by faith. And the miracles performed were a part of the promise too.The odd thing is, that the Jews, even though they do not realise it, is that they have to come in the same way as the Gentiles, and it has nothingh to do with Judiasm, one new man..

We are in one Spirit now.

Galatians 3:14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Amazing..praise Jesus!:clap:

What is "faith" to you?

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Most of what is written there seems to have nothing to do with any Hebraic way of thinking, but rather a Jesus way of thinking. Why not call it Christ Think and define it as the way that Jesus viewed the world? Can this stuff be demonstrated from a Jewish perspective that doesn't originate in the New Testament?

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most of what is written there seems to have nothing to do with any Hebraic way of thinking, but rather a Jesus way of thinking. Why not call it Christ Think and define it as the way that Jesus viewed the world? Can this stuff be demonstrated from a Jewish perspective that doesn't originate in the New Testament?

If one is fortunate enough to find a Jewish rabbi, one who was born and raised in Judaism, has the credentials to teach, then we're on a roll.
Yes, most of us came out of mainstream Christianity and it still shows in most of us in one degree or another. You don't unlearn old things nearly as quickly as you can learn new things. And you can't drop old bad habits as quickly as you can pick up new habits (be they good or bad). ;)
Give us a break and some learning time. You needed it. I pray you were afforded the room and the time you needed.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith

How about some kind of example?

Upvote 0