Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have a general area that you want to study? Theology, science, math, literature, economics?

What topics have you studied in the past? This might give me an idea of your interests.

Theology, History, Computer Programming, Math, Crafts, Woodworking and Science

I am no longer healthy enough to do sports.

I really don't care for novels because they put me to sleep.

Often, I like listening to books. Maybe someone has outlines of those areas of study to help me rule out what I have studied.

Thanks,
Daniel

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you like computer programming, you could pick a new programming language and learn it. I worked through a book on Python a few years back, and my husband is learning Swift now. (The Python book I used is available as a free PDF here Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist, so it's easily within your budget.)

I don't know about church libraries in the area, but the public library in your area (Brighton District Library) seems to have a respectable collection of books related to Christian theology. I did a quick catalog search of some theologians that came to mind (Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Karl Barth, Hans Kung, N. T. Wright, Thomas Merton) and found books by most of the authors I looked for.

I hope you find something fun to study!

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you like computer programming, you could pick a new programming language and learn it. I worked through a book on Python a few years back, and my husband is learning Swift now. (The Python book I used is available as a free PDF here Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist, so it's easily within your budget.)

I don't know about church libraries in the area, but the public library in your area (Brighton District Library) seems to have a respectable collection of books related to Christian theology. I did a quick catalog search of some theologians that came to mind (Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Karl Barth, Hans Kung, N. T. Wright, Thomas Merton) and found books by most of the authors I looked for.

I hope you find something fun to study!

Thank You,
Daniel

Upvote 0