Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I noticed today that I often think negatively of people when I see them do something I don't like. But the Bible tells us to speak evil of no man. Jesus made it clear that speaking comes from what is within. This was a real challenge for me, to actively watch my thoughts. To not think in the negative, but rather the positive.

Tit 3:2-3 to speak evil of no man, not to be contentious, to be gentle, showing all meekness toward all men. For we also once were foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Saviour, and his love toward man, appeared,

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I noticed today that I often think negatively of people when I see them do something I don't like. But the Bible tells us to speak evil of no man. Jesus made it clear that speaking comes from what is within. This was a real challenge for me, to actively watch my thoughts. To not think in the negative, but rather the positive.

Tit 3:2-3 to speak evil of no man, not to be contentious, to be gentle, showing all meekness toward all men. For we also once were foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Saviour, and his love toward man, appeared,

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Beloved one,
I consider that we should actively identify ourselves with what our Lord Jesus Christ have spoken, that we abide in His words, for His words set us free.

While I slept, I recently noticed strange voice that mimic those who have wronged me.
Daily I have released forgiveness to those who wronged me so I know this voice I should not follow. I considered this voice of strangers whom the Lord said in John 10:5.
These strangers I discern to be spiritual hosts of wickedness, like strife, envy,
provocation and anger. So I quickly dismiss such voice, and regard the Lord say who I am with Him. For the Lord Himself is our peace.

I gain the strength to speak no evil of no man but continue to speak faith, that I speak the grace of the Lord, that He Himself is our peace, that we have heard in Ephesians 2:14-17, for we all are reconciled to God in one body through the cross.

May God’s peace be with you in every way.
To God the Father be all glory and thanksgiving through Christ. Amen

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This was a real challenge for me, to actively watch my thoughts.

This is a HUGE part of walking well with God.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Through very painful experience, God has driven home in my heart the absolutely vital need to "take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." I was, for a long time, pretty passive about my thought-life, allowing ideas, philosophies, feelings and reactions to enter my thinking uncontested and take root, eventually bearing very poisonous "fruit" in my life: a profound mistrust of God, deep discontentment, fear and despair. Only when I began to examine my thought-life carefully, asking God to expose the lies, misconceptions and ignorance in it, was I able to do as Paul described above and win free of the crushing, toxic "harvest" of my careless attention to the content of my thinking.

The Stories We Tell Ourselves

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When it's too easy to slip out of the lane, guard rails are necessary - like keeping a sharp eye on the content of your thinking, refusing anything that defies the rule and truth of Christ in your mind and heart; like making no opportunity for fleshly fear and despair by watching or listening to media sources that provoke these things; like remaining under the Spirit's control, consciously and explicitly, throughout every day. These are the guard rails the Bible recommends.

Reactions: Leaviathan
Upvote 0