Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I've got an appointment to talk to a doctor tomorrow.

I did get a family member to phone for an ambulance, but as I started to recover during the call we were told to phone the non-emergency line.

Though I'm seemingly fine now, I'm pretty shaken up. Also a bit worried about reoccurrences.

Thought I should say something, just in case I drop dead in the meantime. :p

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for you. I hope you're okay. My mom died from strokes. She had an A fib we didn't now about so get yourself checked out.
i agree with this ^^ it's important to get this checked out---today if possible.

Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Okay. An update:
I didn't want to wait till tomorrow, so I went to a doctors' surgery with a walk-in service.

So, the doctor said it doesn't seem like a stroke, or seizure...which has eased my mind a lot.
At the same time, it does mean the what happened and the cause of it remain a bit of a mystery.

I'll talk with my GP tomorrow. I'm guessing I'll be referred somewhere for tests.
I had an ECG done a six months ago, so I doubt it's my heart...hmm, very strange...

Sorry if I had anyone worried.
And thank you for help and kind words, they are appreciated.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Genersis

What were your symptoms when the family rang for an ambulance ? Who did they speak to at the non-emergency number ?

[ex Nurse here ]
In order of onset: full body numbness, weakness(I fell, but managed to get back up during the episode), I think I became unresponsive for about 30 seconds.(I remember standing still, and what was happening around me, but I wasn't there? Very odd/unsettling.), then I experienced visual imparent. In that order.

I was able to call 111, I don't remember much about who I spoke to. Sorry. What did you want to know about them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Interesting collection of symptoms

Hmmm - when had you last eaten and had you done any hard physical exercise either just before or just after you had eaten ?

Any history of diabetes in the family ? How long did the episode last ? You mentioned visual impairment - try and write down exactly what that was so you can describe it - there are some weird forms of migraine which do not result in a headache .

Be prepared for lots of questions like this tomorrow

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
In order of onset: full body numbness, weakness(I fell, but managed to get back up during the episode), I think I became unresponsive for about 30 seconds.(I remember standing still, and what was happening around me, but I wasn't there? Very odd/unsettling.), then I experienced visual imparent. In that order.

I was able to call 111, I don't remember much about who I spoke to. Sorry. What did you want to know about them?
have your doctor check for arhythmnea (irregular heart beat) and good for you for having this checked out!

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Interesting collection of symptoms

Hmmm - when had you last eaten and had you done any hard physical exercise either just before or just after you had eaten ?

Any history of diabetes in the family ? How long did the episode last ? You mentioned visual impairment - try and write down exactly what that was so you can describe it - there are some weird forms of migraine which do not result in a headache .

Be prepared for lots of questions like this tomorrow
Anhelyna, I can't help but to think of the time when a woman who has schizophrenia posted on here about her religious obsessions, and I simply told her that this is common for people with schizophrenia, and you scolded me for it, yet here we are...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Okay. An update:
I didn't want to wait till tomorrow, so I went to a doctors' surgery with a walk-in service.

So, the doctor said it doesn't seem like a stroke, or seizure...which has eased my mind a lot.
At the same time, it does mean the what happened and the cause of it remain a bit of a mystery.

I'll talk with my GP tomorrow. I'm guessing I'll be referred somewhere for tests.
I had an ECG done a six months ago, so I doubt it's my heart...hmm, very strange...

Sorry if I had anyone worried.
And thank you for help and kind words, they are appreciated.
What were your symptoms if you don't mind me asking?

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I asked because I had weird symptoms similar to that and I thought it was heart related and it ended up being neurological. So, just don't waste time that could be valuable by barking up the wrong tree. I'm praying for you.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I talked to a GP by phone, and he came to a diagnosis that I had been suspecting after reading around.

Okay, this episode happened as I was getting out of my bath, I figured that was perhaps TMI for the thread, but apparently(if I understood the doctor correctly) the hot water could of triggered my blood vessels to dilate, and my sudden standing up temporarily messed up my whole body's blood circulation.

I wasn't really talkative when the GP called earlier, so perhaps I didn't ask as many questions as I should have, but hopefully I shouldn't have another as long as I'm careful in future. Think I will be sticking to showers...

Thank you to all who have been supportive. Hopefully the phone call today is the conclusion of this saga.
If anyone here wishes to talk more about this, feel free to PM me as I think I will request to have this thread closed.
Thinking about what happened still bothers me a fair bit, and I wish to move on; I hope that makes some sense.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.