Things we can do when self-isolating/socially distancing (fairly light-hearted)

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I expect most of us would use the internet for church services, worship music and fellowship as well as having Bible studies and prayer times in addition to keeping in touch with friends and family using social media.

But what about other things?

My list (and I must admit not all of them appeal to me! :D):
  • Clean out those cupboards I've been meaning to do for ages. :eek:
  • Ditto mending and sewing. :sigh:
  • Try new recipes (I prefer that). :oldthumbsup:
  • Exercise - at home and going for walks, which I think is allowed for social distancing if keeping 2 metres away from others.
  • Learn more about all the things the computer can do which I didn't realise. :scratch:
  • Watch even more Gaither Vocal Band clips (I'm a big fan).
What about you?

Last edited:

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I expect most of us would use the internet for church services, worship music and fellowship as well as having Bible studies and prayer times in addition to keeping in touch with friends and family using social media.

But what about other things?

My list (and I must admit not all of them appeal to me! :D):
  • Clean out those cupboards I've been meaning to do for ages. :eek:
  • Ditto mending and sewing. :sigh:
  • Try new recipes (I prefer that). :oldthumbsup:
  • Exercise - at home and going for walks, which I think is allowed for social distancing if keeping 2 metres away from others.
  • Learn more about all the things the computer can do which I didn't realise. :scratch:
  • Watch even more Gaither Vocal Band clips (I'm a big fan).
What about you?

We're not called as Christians to hide our light under a bushel. We're called to love our neighbors. That may mean getting out and visiting the sick and caring for them, even if they have CV.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why not contact friends and neighbors by. Phone, many are literally isolated and without church or bingo don't see or talk o people from one week to the next.
If you and they have mobile phones try video calls so you can see each other as well as chat.

Then using your computer find and listen to debates or talks on Christianity.

Why not w rite a letter there are always those who would love a letter.

Form a prayer circle take it in turns to come up with something to pray about, information and prayer points and mail or text it to the circle.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thanks guys for your posts.

Praying for the situation and for the people suffering, as well as using social media, seem to be the best way we can help I think, especially if we've been told to stay at home. And I'm thanking God for my living room etc. There are some who don't have one!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Enjoy some nice meals at home.

A little forum jumping
don't take them too seriously.
M
You've just spoken right to me Mountainmanbob; thank you. :) I've looked at other forums, and on some have got a bit upset - perhaps I have taken the differences of opinions to heart too much.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We're not called as Christians to hide our light under a bushel. We're called to love our neighbors. That may mean getting out and visiting the sick and caring for them, even if they have CV.

If they're sick they do not need someone coming in and giving them more sickness! I am in hospice at home and they do not want me to have company or going out as I am considered high risk to get it. Most of the deaths from the virus have been with those over 65.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
If they're sick they do not need someone coming in and giving them more sickness! I am in hospice at home and they do not want me to have company or going out as I am considered high risk to get it. Most of the deaths from the virus have been with those over 65.

If somebody has CV, they can't get it a second time from a visitor. During the plague years, Christians were the only ones out their helping people. I wouldn't suggest people with the virus go infect people.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If somebody has CV, they can't get it a second time from a visitor. During the plague years, Christians were the only ones out their helping people. I wouldn't suggest people with the virus go infect people.

I just read where people are being re-infected after having fought it off! Bummer.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
OOOOppss!!! Fixed it!

There's no real evidence that anyone has been re-infected. There are people who it was thought contracted CV, got sick, recovered and then got sick again. But the problem is that a person who tests positive and gets sick does not necessarily suffer from CV the first time they're sick.

The number of cases are totally small. Notice that the so-called exponential growth has totally slowed. It may be that the measures that have been taken so far have worked or that the virus isn't nearly as virulent and deadly as was claimed.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There's no real evidence that anyone has been re-infected. There are people who it was thought contracted CV, got sick, recovered and then got sick again. But the problem is that a person who tests positive and gets sick does not necessarily suffer from CV the first time they're sick.

The number of cases are totally small. Notice that the so-called exponential growth has totally slowed. It may be that the measures that have been taken so far have worked or that the virus isn't nearly as virulent and deadly as was claimed.

It is, but mostly for those over 65, those that have other medical issues, esp. those with pre-existing lung issues.

A startling number of coronavirus patients get reinfected

• Agree
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just heard a report from Italy that to date 14 doctors have died of COVID plus 4 or 5 times that number of nurses. Many more are being treated in quarantine. The rest are exhausted and working under high stress. It is a war zone out there folks and the front line troops are being mowed down.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One thing I'm doing, which I shouldn't, is too much chocolate eating! I'd be better off if chocolate was scarce instead of the toilet rolls. :D

I made a pan of homemade (from scratch) brownies and wow.. been eating a little here and a little there since.

I'm going to gain weight... lol

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Things we can do when self-isolating/socially distancing (fairly light-hearted)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Small step for mankind --
try to call a couple of people each day that live alone. Let them know that we care and ask if there is anything they need.

We have been doing this and just today received an email from a young couple on the old dirt road here offering their services. She's a nurse and said, that she can handle smaller medical emergencies if needed. Her husband has a green thumb and also has some offerings.

M-Bob

Upvote 0