Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I inevitably get distracted, forget I am cooking and set off the building's fire alarms. Then the firemen come to make sure all is OK. My neighbors are not too keen on this, especially at 3 AM~! :help:

So my solution is to come up with things to eat that require very little or no cooking. I like salads, crackers and cheese with olives, dates and peanut butter, nuts, yogurt, breakfast bars and milk etc. I can do oatmeal in the microwave and simple things like that, as well as making a cup of tea or coffee.

Do you have any other suggestions?:idea:

• Agree
Reactions: nChrist

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I inevitably get distracted, forget I am cooking and set off the building's fire alarms. Then the firemen come to make sure all is OK. My neighbors are not too keen on this, especially at 3 AM~! :help:

So my solution is to come up with things to eat that require very little or no cooking. I like salads, crackers and cheese with olives, dates and peanut butter, nuts, yogurt, breakfast bars and milk etc. I can do oatmeal in the microwave and simple things like that, as well as making a cup of tea or coffee.

Sandwiches
Cold tortilla wraps
Microwave quesadillas
Ham and cheese wraps
Lettuce and tuna salad wraps
Raw vegetables: carrots, red peppers, celery, broccoli
Fruits; fresh or dry
Brocoli Salad
Microwave cakes in a mug
Toaster waffles
Applesauce
Nuts and raisins
Dehydrated snacks
You can boil pasta during the day and store in the fridge, then reheat in the microwave at night as needed and add your favorite sauce
Cold shrimps (boil them during the day)
Cold chicken and turkey
Cereal with milk
Anything in a crockpot = )

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My suggestion is to eat a lot of fresh grape to boost your memory performance.
I eat a lot of raisins, would that be the same, or does it have to be fresh grapes?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

I don't cook. I eat lots of cereal (Shredded Wheat, Kashi Organic Blueberry Clusters, and Cheerios), toast and jelly, toast and peanut butter, Healthy Choice frozen dinners, Planters honey roasted peanuts, skim milk, and orange juice. Occasionally I have some potato chips, and I make a weekly trip to a fast food place for a small hamburger and fries.

• Informative
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Have you considered sleeping at 3am instead of cooking or not-cooking whatever the case may be.

• Haha
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
59AF9382-BD83-43D1-BE53-F9D004727DD1.jpeg
Carpaccio...
this is my lunch earlier.
Venison carpaccio, mozzarella, fresh tomato and basil,
Drizzled with lemon juice, avocado oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper... no cooking required.

But you could just get yourself a kitchen timer and set it for however long you need to remind yourself that your cooking....

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I eat a lot of raisins, would that be the same, or does it have to be fresh grapes?
I don't know but my brain n memory performs better when i eat fresh grapes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wake up at 3 AM hungry sometimes.
You kidding right now? Then eat a bowl of cereal like the rest of humanity or make sure to eat a suitable supper. No reason to wake up hungry in the Middle of the night and turn on the stove, or to avoid cooking at all because you can't remember that you're cooking at 3am. How old are you?

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You kidding right now? Then eat a bowl of cereal like the rest of humanity or make sure to eat a suitable supper. No reason to wake up hungry in the Middle of the night and turn on the stove, or to avoid cooking at all because you can't remember that you're cooking at 3am. How old are you?

I am a Senior Citizen and some medications I am on make me hungry more often than I usually used to be. Dr. has not so far changed the meds, even though I am gaining weight and am now overweight. I wasn't overweight when I started the meds. I also dislike cooking, truth be told!

Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is Venison Caroaccio? Is that some kind of cheese made from deer milk?
No, it’s the darker pieces in my picture.
Carpaccio is sirloin or tenderloin(usually beef but can be any meat, venison in my case) seasoned with salt, pepper & chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, tarragon or cilantro, rolled up in plastic wrap and chilled for minimum of 8 hours then sliced paper thin.
Usually served drizzled with olive oil(I prefer avocado oil) lemon juice and sprinkled with capers, onions, and sometimes shaved Parmesan and parsley.

But you could also use cured meats like salami or prosciutto for the dish I posted above

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, OK. Now I understand. My husband used to like Prosciutto when he was a live, I might try that.

I have bought 3 timers, just for the record here. None of them has worked!

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guacamole is a good healthy option if you don't want to cook. I make it using one avocado, some lime juice, diced onion, occasionally tomato, and salt, and you're good to go. I eat it with tortilla chips. For other snacks, I also like hummus with pita bread, sandwiches, salads, all kinds of fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, bagels and cream cheese (though I do toast the bagels), instant oatmeal, cereal, nuts, and crackers for easy non-cook options.

• Agree
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0