America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 118:14 The Lord is my strength and my song, and is become my salvation. 15 The voice of exultation and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the Lord has wrought mightily. 16 The right hand of the Lord has exalted me: the right hand of the Lord has wrought powerfully. 17 I shall not die, but live, and recount the works of the Lord. 18 The Lord has chastened me sore: but he has not given me up to death. 19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and give praise to the Lord. 20 This is the gate of the Lord: the righteous shall enter by it. 21 I will give thanks to Thee; because Thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. 22 The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner. 23 This has been done of the Lord; and it is wonderful in our eyes. 24 This is the day which the Lord has made: let us exult and rejoice in it. 25 O Lord, save now: O Lord, send now prosperity. 26 Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord: we have blessed you out of the house of the Lord.LXX

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (Exodus 20:1-11, Matthew 22:37)
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (Exodus 20:12-17, Matthew 19:16-21)

Psalms 23:1 The Lord tends me as a shepherd, and I shall want nothing. 2 In a place of green grass, there He has made me dwell: He has nourished me by the water of rest. 3 He has restored my soul: He has guided me into the paths of righteousness, for His name's sake. 4 Yea, even if I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will not be afraid of evils: for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, these have comforted me. 5 Thou has prepared a table before me in presence of them that afflict me: Thou hast thoroughly anointed my head with oil; and Thy cup cheers me like the best wine. 6 Thy mercy also shall follow me all the days of my life: and my dwelling shall be in the house of the Lord for a very long time.LXX

Matthew 13:52 Then said He unto them, Therefore every scribe instructed unto the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a man [that is] an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure [things] new and old.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Zacharias 11:1 Open thy doors, O Libanus, and let the fire devour thy cedars. 2 Let the pine howl, because the cedar has fallen; for the mighty men have been greatly afflicted: howl, ye oaks of the land of Basan; for the thickly planted forest has been torn down. 3 There is a voice of the shepherds mourning; for their greatness is brought low: a voice of roaring lions; for the pride of Jordan is brought down.

4 Thus saith the Lord Almighty, Feed the sheep of the slaughter; 5 which their possessors have slain, and have not repented: and they that sold them said, Blessed be the Lord; for we have become rich: and their shepherds have suffered no sorrow for them. 6 Therefore I will no longer have mercy upon the inhabitants of the land, saith the Lord: but, behold, I will deliver up the men every one into the hand of his neighbour, and into the hand of his king; and they shall destroy the land, and I will not rescue out of their hand.

7 And I will tend the flock of slaughter in the land of Chanaan: and I will take for myself two rods; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Line; and I will tend the flock. 8 And I will cut off three shepherds in one month; and My soul shall grieve over them, for their souls cried out against Me. 9 And I said, I will not tend you: that which dies, let it die; and that which falls off, let it fall off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of his neighbour.

10 And I will take My beautiful staff, and cast it away, that I may break My covenant which I made with all the people. 11 And it shall be broken in that day; and the Chananites, the sheep that are kept for Me, shall know that it is the word of the Lord. 12 And I will say to them, If it be good in your eyes, give Me My price, or refuse it. And they weighed for My price thirty pieces of silver. 13 And the Lord said to Me, Drop them into the furnace, and I will see if it is good metal, as I was proved for their sakes. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them into the furnace in the house of the Lord. 14 And I cast away My second rod, even Line, that I might break the possession between Juda and Israel.

15 And the Lord said to me, Take yet to thee shepherd's implements belonging to an unskillful shepherd. 16 For, behold, I will raise up a shepherd against the land: he shall not visit that which is perishing, and he shall not seek that which is scattered, and he shall not heal that which is bruised, nor guide that which is whole: but he shall devour the flesh of the choice ones, and shall dislocate the joints of their necks. 17 Alas for the vain shepherds that have forsaken the sheep! the sword shall be upon the arms of such a one, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be completely withered, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.LXX

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear Thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Isaiah 24:4-5 The earth mourns, and the world is ruined, the lofty ones of the earth are mourning. And she has sinned by reason of her inhabitants; because they have transgressed the law, and changed the ordinances, even the everlasting covenant.LXX

Psalms 2:1 Wherefore did the heathen rage, and the nations imagine vain things? 2 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers gathered themselves together, against the Lord, and against His Christ; 3 saying, Let us break through Their bonds, and cast away Their yoke from us. 4 He that dwells in the Heavens shall laugh them to scorn, and the Lord shall mock them. 5 Then shall He speak to them in His anger, and trouble them in His fury. 6 But I have been made king by Him on Sion His holy mountain, 7 declaring the ordinance of the Lord: the Lord said to Me, Thou art My Son, to-day have I begotten Thee. 8 Ask of Me, and I will give Thee the heathen for Thine inheritance, and the ends of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt rule them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces as a potter's vessel. 10 Now therefore understand, ye kings: be instructed, all ye that judge the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice in Him with trembling. 12 Accept correction, lest at any time the Lord be angry, and ye should perish from the righteous way: whensoever His wrath shall be suddenly kindled, blessed are all they that trust in Him.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 28:9-13 To whom have we reported evils? and to whom have we reported a message? even to those that are weaned from the milk, who are drawn from the breast. 10 Expect thou affliction on affliction, hope upon hope: yet a little, and yet a little, 11 by reason of the contemptuous words of the lips, by means of another language: for they shall speak to this people, saying to them, 12 This is the rest to him that is hungry, and this is the calamity: but they would not hear. 13 Therefore the oracle of God shall be to them affliction on affliction, hope on hope, yet a little, and yet a little, that they may go and fall backward; and they shall be crushed and shall be in danger, and shall be taken.LXX

John 15:2-7 Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

purgeth = καθαίρει
Cognate: 2508 kathaírō – make clean by purging (removing undesirable elements); hence, "pruned (purged)"; eliminating what is fruitless by purifying (making unmixed). See 2513 (katharos).
Strong's Greek: 2508. καθαίρω (kathairó) -- to cleanse

Psalms 51:7 Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be purified: Thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow.

John 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that His hour was come that He should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved His own which were in the world, He loved them unto the end. 8 Peter saith unto Him, Thou shalt never wash My feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with Me.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
James 1:18 Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. John 17:17 Revelation 14:4

1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh [is] as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by this Gospel is preached unto you.

John 14:15-17 If ye love Me, keep My Commandments and I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever: the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on Me, believeth not on Me, but on Him that sent Me. 45 And he that seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 He that rejecteth Me, and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His Commandment is Life Everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak.

Deuteronomy 18:18-19 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him. 19 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever will not hearken unto My words which He shall speak in My name, I will require [it] of him.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah 13:10 This evil people, which refuse to hear My words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Deuteronomy 13:1-3 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath His eyes like unto a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce My servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am He which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have hold fast till I come. 26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father. 28 And I will give him the morning star. 29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0