Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Two weeks ago, I had my son via emergency c-section for several reasons, one of which was i was bleeding a lot starting the day before he was born. It turns out the bleeding was caused by a thin spot in my uterus. The OB who performed the section (my OB was out of town) told me about it afterwards, and said it looks like an old c-section scar, which is impossible because this was my first pregnancy, and that it would mean that any future kids we have will have to be delivered c-section because it's labor that triggers the bleeding.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Do you know if it poses a risk to future pregnancies? I plan to ask my OB, but I won't see him for another month.

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Aunt had a thin spot on her uterus. They found it with her first pregnancy as well, when she ended up having an emergency C-Section after bleeding started. When she got pregnant with # 2, she was four different OBs, none were willing to have her have a go at VBAC. So she had a planned C-Section. She did have kidney stones which they wanted to remove but she drank cranberry juice and took the pills and drank LOTS of water and they dissolved naturally.

Upvote 0

ufonium2

Seriously, stop killing kids.
Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RoseofLima said:
Any chance it was just where the placenta had begun to pull away from the uterus? I would beat that doctor up--what the heck kind of medical term is 'thin spot'.....

Well, she was explaining it to me literally as they were sewing me up, and she told me she would write a letter about it for my file for my OB. So I'm hoping he'll be able to give me some more specifics. I don't think it was anything with the placenta, because they did an ultrasound of it that morning to check if that had caused the bleeding, and then they sent it off to the lab for analysis after the surgery. My husband was like, "Ummm...they just took something else out of you, looks like a kidney, and are taking it away in a ziplock bag." :idea:

Upvote 0

GolfingMom

Is gone...
Mar 13, 2006
✟20,321.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would talk to YOUR OB when you go in for your 6 week check up. They'll have all the notes from your c-section (i've had 2) and you can find out the info then...
Or you could call them up and request a meeting earlier, however, sometimes it takes a while to get all the notes together etc.

Upvote 0