They've found the "missing link"! Yeah, right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wait God talks to you directly? or through the medium of richard dawkins?Or maybe he conveys the information through something we all can read.You are starting to not make sense.

Readers who have researched will know who is right here.How about following some of your own advice and checking it.Instead of typing lies,and getting called on it.

Or what you believe in isnt true.You forgot that option.

Oh so you do believe in common descent.So we are getting to the nitty gritty here,the bible isnt true.Biology you claim, comprehensively proves we came from apes...Anyone who disputes this is mentally inferior....well at least its better than the hebrews were thick.I think?

Contrary to?you?How about im defending what God says,and you are the one following a lie.Did you think of it that way?
yup

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
sooo, did anyone else watch the show on Discovery?
thoughts about it
It was all obviously computer generated propaganda and lies by the evos to discredit the Bible and so they can hang on to their massive multi million dollar per scientist tax payer funded research grants.

Upvote 0

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It was all obviously computer generated propaganda and lies by the evos to discredit the Bible and so they can hang on to their massive multi million dollar per scientist tax payer funded research grants.
:amen::preach:

Upvote 0

Astronut

May 20, 2009
✟7,678.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m not an expert.. it’s information I have been getting from a particular source at the moment.. Robert A. Sungenis, Ph.D (doctorate in General Relativity)..
Maybe you should regard your sources a little more critically. Robert Sungenis does not hold a doctorate in general relativity, he holds a "doctorate" from an unaccredited university called Calamus International in "geocentrism." He's an anti-semetic holocaust denier who pretends to know something about astronomy while questioning whether his critics are jewish. You should run from his ideas like a plague. He's an embarrasment to Christianity.
That would be Geocentrism.
If you are really interested in proof, and have an open mind, then I suggest the study of geocentrism v heliocentrism.
Oh I have. Tell me how it is that the shuttle has been able to build the international space station in earth orbit when it depends on exploiting the rotation of the earth to lower the delta V required to reach orbit? Also, how do geosynchronous satellites work? If the earth isn't turning they should fall straight back to the ground because from our point of view they look like they hover.
From my recent investigations into geocentrism.. it isn’t like that, they did not prove the case for heliocentrism, both models work,
The kook known as Sungenis would like you to think that.

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Maybe you should regard your sources a little more critically. Robert Sungenis does not hold a doctorate in general relativity, he holds a "doctorate" from an unaccredited university called Calamus International in "geocentrism." He's an anti-semetic holocaust denier who pretends to know something about astronomy while questioning whether his critics are jewish. You should run from his ideas like a plague. He's an embarrasment to Christianity.

Oh I have. Tell me how it is that the shuttle has been able to build the international space station in earth orbit when it depends on exploiting the rotation of the earth to lower the delta V required to reach orbit? Also, how do geosynchronous satellites work? If the earth isn't turning they should fall straight back to the ground because from our point of view they look like they hover.

The kook known as Sungenis would like you to think that.

Whether it’s correct or no.. it opens the mind to ideas. If you read his book you might not think him such a cook. A lot of Catholics are said to be anti-Semitic, that might be true of this fellow, but that hasn’t much to due with geocentrism.
All I’ll say about that, is that I thought the book was terribly interesting, and although I don’t fully buy-into geocentrism as yet, it has opened my mind to looking at everything in the various models of the universe, not such like that pushed by everyone else, throughout the centuries since Copernicus.
Different opinions are now used to try and discredit people, and that goes for politicians now also..
I’ve been hearing a lot of late about individual politicians who don’t happen to believe global warming is a fact, or that mass immigration is not a good thing for European countries, that homo-scepticism is another thing used to discredit anyone that doesn’t fit in with the general belief culture of present.
I know I cant convert anyone to anything on these forums, and I’m not going to try, as I’d be wasting my time, and people on these forums are just a tiny selection of people, so my ideas on evolution and geocentrism and politics, whether the ‘holocaust’ actually happened or no.. the history if occupied Palestine, eschatology; these are the various ideas/knowledge developments that I read/investigate and that becomes part of myself.. the ideas that form my world-view, religious also, but open to alteration as new information is presented.

Upvote 0

Astronut

May 20, 2009
✟7,678.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whether it’s correct or no.. it opens the mind to ideas.

You mean it makes one susceptible to scientific theories that lack sufficient proof?
If you read his book you might not think him such a cook. A lot of Catholics are said to be anti-Semitic, that might be true of this fellow, but that hasn’t much to due with geocentrism.

If a person can deny the holocaust, what other facts are they capable of ignoring? It goes to his character, and it should tell you not to trust a word he says.
it has opened my mind to looking at everything in the various models of the universe, not such like that pushed by everyone else, throughout the centuries since Copernicus.

You make it sound like falling for a nutjob's theory of the universe is a good thing. Having an open mind means being willing to fairly examine evidence. It doesn't mean that you're willing to accept half-baked theories because someone sounds interesting. What evidence do you have for geocentrism? What evidence do you have that the shuttle and ISS don't really orbit the earth?
Different opinions are now used to try and discredit people, and that goes for politicians now also..

The holocaust is a historical fact, not opinion.
the ideas that form my world-view, religious also, but open to alteration as new information is presented.
So now that I've given you new information, have you altered your opinions?

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
[/size][/font]
You mean it makes one susceptible to scientific theories that lack sufficient proof?

If a person can deny the holocaust, what other facts are they capable of ignoring? It goes to his character, and it should tell you not to trust a word he says.

You make it sound like falling for a nutjob's theory of the universe is a good thing. Having an open mind means being willing to fairly examine evidence. It doesn't mean that you're willing to accept half-baked theories because someone sounds interesting. What evidence do you have for geocentrism? What evidence do you have that the shuttle and ISS don't really orbit the earth?

The holocaust is a historical fact, not opinion.

So now that I've given you new information, have you altered your opinions?

no comment.

Upvote 0

Astronut

May 20, 2009
✟7,678.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
no comment.
fas.org/spp/military/program/launch/sts_ta.htm
The shuttle can only lift 28,000 lbs to polar orbit with everything put to the absolute maximum performance (for instance, 109% thrust versus the 104% they usually use). That's because a polar orbit waives any help from the earth's rotation and is effectively like launching from a geocentric unmoving earth. That is woefully inadequate to haul up some of ISS's segments; STS-124, for instance, carried about 38,000lbs of cargo to the station when it brought a large piece of the Kibo laboratory. How is that possible if the earth is the unmoving center of the solar system?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,904.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I leave it up to you to read what is printed there and to watch and to listen to the videos there.

And then to make a decision about how the world was created? Based on some scientific institution that I have never heard of, that doesn't appear to be even accredited. I don't think so.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.