• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

They Will Know We Are Christians By Our Love

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by Pilgrim, Jul 31, 2017.

1. CrystalDragon

CrystalDragon Well-Known Member

+1,597
    Catholic
    Single

Honestly, especially here that's often the opposite of what I see.

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Praying without ceasing

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Jeremiah 31:3
    The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

[​IMG]

3. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    John 15:12
    This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

[​IMG]

4. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Proverbs 13:12 (NIV)
    Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

[​IMG]

6. Willing-heart

Willing-heart In Christ Alone. Supporter

+489
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I love this version

7. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you Femi for sharing this song. God bless you. I'm unfamiliar with Jason Upton's musical career or body of work. I'm going to listen to more of his work. Here's a link to his touring schedule if anyone's near any of these venues and are interested in attending his worship services. I notice some are FREE while others require tickets.

8. Willing-heart

+489
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Glad to be a blessing to you. I don't know Jason Upton quite well but he reminds me of Keith Green. My favourite songs of him are: Will of God; Not Alone; Lion of Judah; You are Holy..... The list goes on. There is a song of him titled "fly" which you can find on Youtube. It is claimed that an Angel joined in to sing along with the song and I don't dispute the claim to be untrue. ABove all else God alone is the focus and is to be worshipped. God bless

9. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Amen. Thank you for the short list of songs. That should help narrow my focus. Have a blessed day in Christ. All praise, honor, and glory to God.

10. Willing-heart

+489
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Add the song "In your prescence" to the list... It's goodnight from me here in the UK. Stay blessed and be strong in the Lord.

11. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you kindly, Femi. I'll have a look at them.

12. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    WAYS TO LOVE
    Promise without forgetting..

12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life. —Proverbs 13:12 (KJV)

[​IMG]

13. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Matthew 22:37-39 (KJV)
    Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 9 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

[​IMG]

14. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    We love him,
    because he first loved us.
    1 John 4:19

[​IMG]

15. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus said to his disciples, "If you love me, keep my commands." He also said that the greatest commandment is to love God and neighbor. People will know we are Christians by our unwavering love for God. We love God in all circumstances and through our daily trials we find joy in all we do in Christ. Even when we cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel, we love and trust God as our guide. When we love Jesus, the Bible is no longer a rulebook, but a love letter, from God to his people. When we surrender our life to Jesus, we begin to love others, and recognize their needs as more than physical and emotional, but spiritual; and our love for God and neighbor compels us to meet those needs. A genuine walk with Christ moves us to search for Jesus in other people. And as Jesus said in Matthew 25:35-40, "When you see someone hungry, thirsty, or in need of clothes, and you take care of their needs, you take care of me."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married

17. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    WAYS TO LOVE
    Speak without accusing...

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: —James 1:19

[​IMG]

18. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Timothy's Encouraging Report
    1 Thessalonians 3:11-13

11 Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you. 12 And the LORD make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: 13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

[​IMG]

19. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus The Good Shepard

John 10:10-11
    The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 3:36
    He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

[​IMG]

20. Pilgrim

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Love Comes From God

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. —1 John 4:15-17

[​IMG]