• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

They tried to exorcise me for being schizophrenic!!!

ExodusKamman

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2018
Summerfield
✟23,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ExodusKamman

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2018
Summerfield
✟23,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Time number 2 was the craziest one. Imagine my surprise. I'm homeless and someone tells me the youth group is serving food. Yay! So I go down there, and about 2 minutes in, a young man asks if they can pray with me. Sure! But about a minute later they are all laying hands on me, exercising demons I definitely don't have

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A church, the first time. Second time, a youth group in Daytona. It almost happened a third time but I ran out of the church and didn't go back

I'm just trying to sort out some of the details of your story. You went to a church of some sort and from out of the blue found yourself in the middle of an impromptu exorcism?

Upvote 0

ExodusKamman

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2018
Summerfield
✟23,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually, that's a fairly accurate telling of the first time. The second time tho, I went to a church food cookout. They invited the public. It was on the beach. A young man asks to pray with me. An older brother has everyone close in on me and lay hands on me. He starts saying things such as "we exorcise the demon of theft our of this young woman, we exorcise the demon of prostitution out of this woman. I am not a prostitute nor am I a theif and God knows this. After it's over the young man tells me they're very sorry. They don't believe in exorcisms nor did they knew who that man was. He just showed up to the prayer circle, turned it into an exorcism and left.....

Upvote 0

ExodusKamman

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2018
Summerfield
✟23,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It turned me away from seeking fellowship for a long time. But then I realized that Jesus would have qualified for some diagnoses of his own if he were alive today. Chasing people with whips, talking to someone that is not material, these are worthy of labels in the modern age!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ExodusKamman

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2018
Summerfield
✟23,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Believing you have special powers, hearing voices, knowing things you should not or could not know, refusing main stream medicine for spiritual medicine, all "crazy stuff" in terms of mental health. Its ok that I don't fit in. When I was homeless, people asked how it didn't destroy my faith, but really, it made my faith stronger than ever. My rides hitch hiking were almost all His people. I was safer than people thought I could be. I was fed and clothed in faith. I did not know where things would come from. But I knew that they would and they did.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have met more normal people that have said similar things like You said, even at a few times some tried to chase demons out of me and nothing happened. I think people do not know what they do really. Every backpain is not demonic, nor every headache or flue or whatever that plaque people nowadays. Some simply work physically too hard and get sore muscles and heal with time, but sure God can sometimes do miracles but I doubt that chasing demons out of christians is a good idea in the long run. One should at least have to ask the christian about things how they feel about their life in general and their saviour and not assume that someone is possessed simply because of an illness.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
In Biblical times it was believed that all illness was caused by demonic possession. Today we have learned of germs, viruses, chemical imbalances, genetic mutations and the like. We can now prevent, or treat and even cure a great many of these conditions. So, when I feel ill I pray to God on my way to the doctor's office

Upvote 0

Bipolar

Cross Wired
Site Supporter
Nov 24, 2018
McPherson
✟29,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have a gift! Just because the world and the church does not understand and wants you to fit in their mold it does not make them right! Your challenge may be discerning if the voices you hear are from God or not. I would love to get to know you better. We have a ministry to educate the church and others about what the world calls mental illness. I have lived a 33 year journey with a Bipolar diagnosis and refused medication. In 1988 and 1996 I was institutionalized against my will and forced on medication. In 1996 after a three week stay I was court ordered to stay on my medication! As soon as I was released I through away the pills. God has a wonderful plan for your life! Continue seeking Him!

Reactions: ExodusKamman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh I’ve seen so much I am not surpriced anymore. Peoples bad smell, warts, sick back or skinproblem, hairloss or eyeproblem or the specialty, neurological disorders must evidently be demonic although they can be medicated quite often but. It seems like some preacher get attention but it can hurt other if they do not get healthy or free from what bothers them. I think that if a person is possessed they do not acknoledge Jesus as their Lord and saviour but please - be careful not to try to extort demons from those that are not sure of their salvation either. The prayerteam or pastors might scare people away for good. And it might feel quite insulting. Besides if no devil comes out and no drama happens because the preacher is wrong or those that think they will find a devil wont, maybe the gossipers in church still think he is in there. Then that christian soon find her or himself quite alone as a paria in church.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't be surprised if you have a demon or two, is not to be alarmed, i think almost everyone has a spiritual problem of some kind, its just we don't know about them, now about the exorcism or deliverance they tried to do, it would be nice if someone who can actually discern spirits and detect them would do them, not just being awkard and do deliverance because you might have some problems.

But i tell you, it would be good if any new christian, or not so new christian could get deliverance, sometimes we drag spiritual problems we do not even know.

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0