There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know what's going on here, but I don't recognize this place.

In the past 24 hours, I've been called a jack*ss, been told I can't rest in assurance of my salvation, and that sharing a scripture as a word of God is generic milk.

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

This is NOT the place I used to come to for fellowship, encouragement, rejoicing in the testimonies, praying for one another, and lifing up God's goodness and glorious love.

I'm having angst and that is warring with the peace that resides in my heart. I love my Jesus and I love so many of you.

Blessings to each of you. I pray your eyes may open wide to the astounding width and depth of God's love. I pray His peace, His love, His mercy, and His grace will wash over each of you to overflow.

His goodness astounds me. He calls me to Him where there's peace. Who can resist that? :thumbsup:

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In the past 24 hours, I've been called a jack*ss, been told I can't rest in assurance of my salvation, and that sharing a scripture as a word of God is generic milk.

This is NOT the place I used to come to for fellowship, encouragement, rejoicing in the testimonies, praying for one another, and lifing up God's goodness and glorious love.

I'm having angst and that is warring with the peace that resides in my heart. I love my Jesus and I love so many of you.

Blessings to each of you. I pray your eyes may open wide to the astounding width and depth of God's love. I pray His peace, His love, His mercy, and His grace will wash over each of you to overflow.

His goodness astounds me. He calls me to Him where there's peace. Who can resist that? :thumbsup:

I certainly hope I have not contributed to your sorrow in any way. If I have I pray you will forgive me.

I too actively seek to rest in my Daddy's lap. I've found that nothing I do or say is worth a hill of beans if I didn't do it from the position of resting in His embrace. :)

Upvote 0

he4rty

Just A Fool For Christ
Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
✟21,138.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

No what you mean Hisgirl, Makes you long for them old healing debates.:D

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Amen.

I agree with he4rty. Lets have a good old healing argument, I mean debate.:D

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home...

proverbs 1:20-25
"Wisdom shouts in the streets. She cries out in the public square. She calls out to the crowds along the main street, and to those in front of city hall. 'You simpletons!' she cries, 'How long will you go on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools fight the facts? Come here and listen to me! I'll pour out the spirit of wisdom upon you and make you wise.
I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction i offered.'

Proverbs 3:5-7
'Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will direct your paths. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom, instead fear the Lord and turn you back on evil.'

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi His Girl.

You are right on about "what has happened to all the learning threads full of compassion and caring.

I use to really spend a lot of time here and learn a lot - now I kinda just scroll through the threads and read very few.

We've lost a lot of faithful posters who have gotten tired of all the arguing and name calling - I hope they are still reading and will come back and join us.

Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hang in there girl…… Most of us here are good people who love the Lord.

You were right and wise in your declaration to limit who you will receive from.

(you were also very eloquent in you presentation)

Apparently, some don’t agree with me (not an unheard of circumstance)

IMO you have left enough room for God to speak to you. A husband, a church, and 8 people you know and trust is plenty. You are certainly in a better place then those who are under no authority at all.

God Bless

John O.

Upvote 0

Libre

Mar 8, 2007
Overlooking Puget Sound
Visit site
✟16,196.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a wonderful place compared to one I've been in. You can engage or not, since it's soooo big. You don't have to get drawn in to an argument unless you want to.

I'm in a much smaller forum (like maybe six active posters) and it has gotten very divided over things like lawkeeping and eternal security. It got so bad, the mods have tried to make divisions like "disciples" "newcomers" "main body" and my personal favorite "disorderly". That's where they put a couple of us who were pleading for balance and tolerance.

Good news, though. We are out of the penalty box, because another mod who had been away, came back and lit into them. Still considering my future there, if any.

Libre

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hang in there girl…… Most of us here are good people who love the Lord.

You were right and wise in your declaration to limit who you will receive from.

(you were also very eloquent in you presentation)

Apparently, some don’t agree with me (not an unheard of circumstance)

IMO you have left enough room for God to speak to you. A husband, a church, and 8 people you know and trust is plenty. You are certainly in a better place then those who are under no authority at all.

God Bless

John O.

Thank you John. You're a real blessing to me. Within 30 days of my getting baptized in the Holy Spirit, God put 10 strong and mature spirit-filled saints into my life who taught and loved me. Add those to the ones I've bonded with here, and I would say God has honored me beyond compare allowing me to be a part of these folks' lives. :thumbsup:

This is a wonderful place compared to one I've been in. You can engage or not, since it's soooo big. You don't have to get drawn in to an argument unless you want to.

I'm in a much smaller forum (like maybe six active posters) and it has gotten very divided over things like lawkeeping and eternal security. It got so bad, the mods have tried to make divisions like "disciples" "newcomers" "main body" and my personal favorite "disorderly". That's where they put a couple of us who were pleading for balance and tolerance.

Good news, though. We are out of the penalty box, because another mod who had been away, came back and lit into them. Still considering my future there, if any.

Libre

:D :D That is HILARIOUS!!! Disorderly??? ^_^ Oh, gosh...that just cracks me up!!

Upvote 0

flyingsum0

Contributor
Site Supporter
Jul 28, 2005
East Coast, USA
✟34,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heres a hug Sis

hug.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lovesblessing

The Lord's Beloved......
Aug 22, 2004
In God's Amazing Grace!
✟10,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Hisgirl.....

May you be abundantly blessed with the riches of God's grace in every area of your life, for you are highly favored, greatly blessed and deeply loved by Jesus and Father God.......not to mention the wonderful Holy Spirit who fills your heart to overflow!

lovesblessing;)

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" (because he's full of hot air and baloney!):D :D :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.