There is this girl I met...

Have you ever fell in love with a girl that you thought you had no chance with?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Nathan98

May 15, 2017
Ontario
✟16,011.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I met this girl in college, who sat on the same table as me. She is very kind, and thoughtful. We help each other out in schoolwork. I noticed that she has a cross on her neck, but I never got the chance to ask her about her religion; we were only able to talk about school. It's been 3 days now, and I like her, but I'm not sure if she likes me. She usually sits on my table every day, but I'm not sure if it's because she likes me or because the table is at the front of the room, making it easier to copy down notes. I don't know if she is who God picked for me, because many girls I met did not believe in God and were not my type in general (not that I hate them personally). So I don't know what to do. I take a General Elective in the summer once a week, which is the only class I see her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Keep talking, if she keeps sitting with you ask if she would like to have a coffee/coke etc and take it from there.
If she goes for an ice cream etc you can talk about more general subjects and if she still sits next to you again, you could repeat and at this tea break ask if she would go to.... what ever event is available.

If she sayno to your first invite, don't be bitter say something like if you don't ask you don't get and keep it friendly.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Re your votes, I've had plenty of crushes on pretty girls, some I had the courage to talk to, a couple I even tried to ask out.
So go for it, the worst that will happen is she won't sit at your table.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If it's meant to be things will all fall in place. Just relax and enjoy her company. And not knowing any more about the situation than just what you have told us, if she can sit at any other table she chooses, well she chose where you are sitting. Do you find that coincidental ? She appears Christian, you are, you take it from there. That cross around her neck presents a perfect opportunity to open a conversation beyond class notes.. It could be she is thinking, will he ever ask. Ask what ? I don't know any woman's mindset so well as to answer in confidence but suffice it to say, something beyond school notes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I met this girl in college, who sat on the same table as me. She is very kind, and thoughtful. We help each other out in schoolwork. I noticed that she has a cross on her neck, but I never got the chance to ask her about her religion; we were only able to talk about school. It's been 3 days now, and I like her, but I'm not sure if she likes me. She usually sits on my table every day, but I'm not sure if it's because she likes me or because the table is at the front of the room, making it easier to copy down notes. I don't know if she is who God picked for me, because many girls I met did not believe in God and were not my type in general (not that I hate them personally). So I don't know what to do. I take a General Elective in the summer once a week, which is the only class I see her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mutual attraction is pretty obvious. It's like you meet and you are already related and both people sense it. I've only walked away from one such relationship and I occasionally regret it, but my instincts were good. She was like family and bipolar people are a challenge to live with. Keep looking till it clicks with both of you. If you have an interest in her, but she did not respond, then don't expect romance, but you are wise to keep the friendship going anyway. It takes work.

Upvote 0

Nathan98

May 15, 2017
Ontario
✟16,011.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it's meant to be things will all fall in place. Just relax and enjoy her company. And not knowing any more about the situation than just what you have told us, if she can sit at any other table she chooses, well she chose where you are sitting. Do you find that coincidental ? She appears Christian, you are, you take it from there. That cross around her neck presents a perfect opportunity to open a conversation beyond class notes.. It could be she is thinking, will he ever ask. Ask what ? I don't know any woman's mindset so well as to answer in confidence but suffice it to say, something beyond school notes.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Dave. But the problem is that I don't know if it's meant to be, if God planned this for me. I just found out that she is 22 and I'm 18 so I'm pretty sure she will not go out with me at all due to the big age difference.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Finding a wife is a lot like picking out the right tie. The rules are in place for determining the right tie. It needs to be the right length, width, it needs to match your outfit, etc... There are a number of ties you can pick from that fall within the "rules", it's up to you to pick which one you like most.

So grow a pair and ask her out on a date. If you like her after the first date, ask her out on a second date. If you like her after the second date, well you get the picture.

Reactions: fliperacci901
Upvote 0

LilShepherdBoy

Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the problem is that I don't know if it's meant to be, if God planned this for me. I just found out that she is 22 and I'm 18 so I'm pretty sure she will not go out with me at all due to the big age difference.

It's meant to be. If you want her, go after her. God choose the man to be the pursuer. And women prefer guys that are proactive.

22 and 18 is not a big age difference. Try 51 and 29. I was the 51 a few years ago and we still clicked.

Last edited:
Reactions: fliperacci901
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums