• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There is this girl I met...

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Nathan98, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Nathan98

Nathan98 New Member

+39
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    I met this girl in college, who sat on the same table as me. She is very kind, and thoughtful. We help each other out in schoolwork. I noticed that she has a cross on her neck, but I never got the chance to ask her about her religion; we were only able to talk about school. It's been 3 days now, and I like her, but I'm not sure if she likes me. She usually sits on my table every day, but I'm not sure if it's because she likes me or because the table is at the front of the room, making it easier to copy down notes. I don't know if she is who God picked for me, because many girls I met did not believe in God and were not my type in general (not that I hate them personally). So I don't know what to do. I take a General Elective in the summer once a week, which is the only class I see her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+706
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Keep talking, if she keeps sitting with you ask if she would like to have a coffee/coke etc and take it from there.
    If she goes for an ice cream etc you can talk about more general subjects and if she still sits next to you again, you could repeat and at this tea break ask if she would go to.... what ever event is available.

If she sayno to your first invite, don't be bitter say something like if you don't ask you don't get and keep it friendly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+706
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Re your votes, I've had plenty of crushes on pretty girls, some I had the courage to talk to, a couple I even tried to ask out.
    So go for it, the worst that will happen is she won't sit at your table.

4. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+813
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    If it's meant to be things will all fall in place. Just relax and enjoy her company. And not knowing any more about the situation than just what you have told us, if she can sit at any other table she chooses, well she chose where you are sitting. Do you find that coincidental ? She appears Christian, you are, you take it from there. That cross around her neck presents a perfect opportunity to open a conversation beyond class notes.. It could be she is thinking, will he ever ask. Ask what ? I don't know any woman's mindset so well as to answer in confidence but suffice it to say, something beyond school notes.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. SkyWriting

SkyWriting Berean through and through Supporter

+2,489
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Mutual attraction is pretty obvious. It's like you meet and you are already related and both people sense it. I've only walked away from one such relationship and I occasionally regret it, but my instincts were good. She was like family and bipolar people are a challenge to live with. Keep looking till it clicks with both of you. If you have an interest in her, but she did not respond, then don't expect romance, but you are wise to keep the friendship going anyway. It takes work.

6. Nathan98

Nathan98 New Member

+39
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, Dave. But the problem is that I don't know if it's meant to be, if God planned this for me. I just found out that she is 22 and I'm 18 so I'm pretty sure she will not go out with me at all due to the big age difference.

7. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+455
    Protestant
    Married
    Finding a wife is a lot like picking out the right tie. The rules are in place for determining the right tie. It needs to be the right length, width, it needs to match your outfit, etc... There are a number of ties you can pick from that fall within the "rules", it's up to you to pick which one you like most.

So grow a pair and ask her out on a date. If you like her after the first date, ask her out on a second date. If you like her after the second date, well you get the picture.

8. Hammster

Hammster Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Staff Member Administrator Supporter

+7,059
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    ADMIN HAT ON

Moved from Controversial Christian Theology.

ADMIN HAT OFF

9. LilShepherdBoy

LilShepherdBoy Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness

+149
    Christian
    Private
    It's meant to be. If you want her, go after her. God choose the man to be the pursuer. And women prefer guys that are proactive.

22 and 18 is not a big age difference. Try 51 and 29. I was the 51 a few years ago and we still clicked.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  10. Nathan98

Nathan98 New Member

+39
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    Ok guys, thanks for the replies. It's been a month and I decided to give up on pursuing this girl. I ultimately decided that its not worth it.