NW England
✟1,052,641.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your wild assertions about what you think I believe aside, I believe…

#1. The Holy Spirit is the ultimate author of Scripture (Which includes 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) (See: 2 Timothy 3:16-17).

#2. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin because they don’t believe on Jesus (John 16:8-9).

#3. The Holy Spirit came upon Cornelius and his household when he heard the good news from Peter.

#4. The Holy Spirit changed the hearts of those who believe the gospel message.

#5. The Holy Spirit is our down payment of our inheritance and gift when we are saved by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

A) I am not going to assume anything about what you believe; I have no idea.
B) I quoted some of those references, and made some of those points to you.

In other words, you don’t seem to understand the difference between…

(a) The message of the gospel that saves in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Vs.

(b) How the Spirit can work externally or behind the scenes involving that message. For the Holy Spirit is the author of that message, and convict believers of their sin to be open to that gospel message, change their hearts (if they accept that message), and then abide in them.​

Yes; and if you read my answer to you - # 667 which was in fact my first post in this thread - I said "yes - and yet that needs unpacking a little."
The words "yes" means "I agree"; the word "unpacking" means expanding upon.

1 Cor 15:1-4 says:
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

If ONLY the things written in those verses are the Gospel, they do not mention the role of the Holy Spirit, nor the deity of Christ.
Before someone can understand that Christ died for their sins they have to know who Christ is; that he is God. These verses do not explicitly say that - just as they don't teach about the Holy Spirit.
We need to understand other things in Scripture before we understand these verses.
THAT is what I have been saying, and all that I have been saying, in this thread.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would guess they might say that God raised him - therefore the action of coming back to life/rising was not something that Jesus himself did.

Why they would think that God was raise a blaspheming liar from death - Jesus claimed to be God and foretold his resurrection - is anyone's guess.
But anyway, their website says that the Bible does not give evidence that Jesus is God, and therefore they reject the Trinity.

If that is the case, then I seriously doubt they are claiming salvation thru 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A) I am not going to assume anything about what you believe; I have no idea.
B) I quoted some of those references, and made some of those points to you.

Yes; and if you read my answer to you - # 667 which was in fact my first post in this thread - I said "yes - and yet that needs unpacking a little."
The words "yes" means "I agree"; the word "unpacking" means expanding upon.

1 Cor 15:1-4 says:

If ONLY the things written in those verses are the Gospel, they do not mention the role of the Holy Spirit, nor the deity of Christ.
Before someone can understand that Christ died for their sins they have to know who Christ is; that he is God. These verses do not explicitly say that - just as they don't teach about the Holy Spirit.
We need to understand other things in Scripture before we understand these verses.
THAT is what I have been saying, and all that I have been saying, in this thread.

Let me give you an analogy of where I am coming from (even if you may disagree).

Think of like when you drive a car. There are certain responsibilities we as car owners and drivers of that car in order to get from point A to point B (like say from home to work, or to work to the grocery store). We need a to buy a car, or lease one, or borrow one. Get a driver’s license, car insurance, and know how to safely drive by experience for the area in which you live. We need to put gas in the car, and take our car to the dealership or do the necessary car maintenance ourselves. We need to obey the traffic laws to such a point whereby we do not get our car and license taken away from us. But do we need to know the inner workings of a car engine and know where it was built and know exactly where the parts where made in order to drive our car? No. Yes, knowing these are things can be helpful I imagine, and they can even benefit us but the whole point of knowing how to drive a car from point A to point B requires certain things and not an exhaustive list of knowing the inner workings of how the car operates exactly.

It’s the same with the gospel. The gospel that saves is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. That does not mean that the Spirit is not working behind the scenes to further the gospel and changing men’s hearts with the gospel, but all I need to know to be saved is the truth of the gospel found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. But can I discuss further other truths in the Bible beyond the gospel like the beautiful Spirit who changes men and women’s lives? Absolutely. Many other truths in the Bible like say…. Sanctification is a necessity. Much of the New Testament not only deals with grace, but it also deals with our Sanctification, as well. It is the next step after we are saved by the gospel. But this would be a CALL of the gospel. Read the passage for yourself in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14. That’s what it says.

But if you don’t agree, I think it is best that we agree to disagree and move on. For I get the impression that nothing I will say with Scripture will convince you despite what verses I show to you.

May you blessed in the Lord, and may His love shine upon you (even if we disagree strongly on this point of topic in God’s Word).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let me give you an analogy of where I am coming from (even if you may disagree).

Think of like when you drive a car. There are certain responsibilities we as car owners and drivers of that car in order to get from point A to point B (like say from home to work, or to work to the grocery store). We need a to buy a car, or lease one, or borrow one. Get a driver’s license, car insurance, and know how to safely drive by experience for the area in which you live. We need to put gas in the car, and take our car to the dealership or do the necessary car maintenance ourselves. We need to obey the traffic laws to such a point whereby we do not get our car and license taken away from us. But do we need to know the inner workings of a car engine and know where it was built and know exactly where the parts where made in order to drive our car? No. Yes, knowing these are things can be helpful I imagine, and they can even benefit us but the whole point of knowing how to drive a car from point A to point B requires certain things and not an exhaustive list of knowing the inner workings of how the car operates exactly.

It’s the same with the gospel. The gospel that saves is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. That does not mean that the Spirit is not working behind the scenes to further the gospel and changing men’s hearts with the gospel, but all I need to know to be saved is the truth of the gospel found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. But can I discuss further other truths in the Bible beyond the gospel like the beautiful Spirit who changes men and women’s lives? Absolutely. Many other truths in the Bible like say…. Sanctification is a necessity. Much of the New Testament not only deals with grace, but it also deals with our Sanctification, as well. It is the next step after we are saved by the gospel. But this would be a CALL of the gospel. Read the passage for yourself in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14. That’s what it says.

But if you don’t agree, I think it is best that we agree to disagree and move on. For I get the impression that nothing I will say with Scripture will convince you despite what verses I show to you.

May you blessed in the Lord, and may His love shine upon you (even if we disagree strongly on this point of topic in God’s Word).
Knowing how me, and my flesh, and my behavior and conduct, and how I "conducted" myself, was like driving a car, used to scare the living daylights out of me, as I felt like I was constantly crashing, and that it was all my fault, and that I might have been doing it out of rebellion or on purpose, etc... Anyway, used to scare the living daylights out of me, etc...

Anyway, where did you get that interpretation...?

BTW, I was a car/truck mechanic for around ten years, and have had that knowledge most of my life, etc, so then maybe that makes it worse then maybe? IDK?, lol...

Anyway, did that just come to you just now, or is that something you have had for a time, or just "what" exactly, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0