There is "one", (a God) that could predict and know everything from beginning to end...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is one, (a God), that, from the very moment everything or things were "set into motion" or were given "life", could "predict" and know "absolutely everything about it all", from that point on, and onward... All the way up to "now", and even all the way up to it's "end or ending"...

The "interactions of all and everything", determining "actions", (or choices) he would fully know from the very beginning to it's, or their, ending...

Consider such a one for a moment...? What would he (or it) be "like"...? How would it/he act and behave...? Would it interact with us or it's creation...? And if so, how...?

Everything would be like a "program" to him, and we would all be running and be a part of that "program"... And, we would have nor make no "real choices" from his perspective...

Try to "think" on that level for a moment...

What would such a one be "like"...? Would it interact with us or it's creation...? And, if so, "how"...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is one, (a God), that, from the very moment everything or things were "set into motion" or were given "life", could "predict" and know "absolutely everything about it all", from that point on, and onward... All the way up to "now", and even all the way up to it's "end or ending"...

The "interactions of all and everything", determining "actions", (or choices) he would fully know from the very beginning to it's, or their, ending...

Consider such a one for a moment...? What would he (or it) be "like"...? How would it/he act and behave...? Would it interact with us or it's creation...? And if so, how...?

Everything would be like a "program" to him, and we would all be running and be a part of that "program"... And, we would have nor make no "real choices" from his perspective...

Try to "think" on that level for a moment...

What would such a one be "like"...? Would it interact with us or it's creation...? And, if so, "how"...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
This is the God I serve and seek to know...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 2:6-8
...Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
...Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
And what are you trying to "say" by quoting that scripture...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Does it mean "to be comprehended", in that Jesus was equal to God, or that he chose not to be equal to or with God at that time, but lowered himself and took a lower position...? And was not equal with God...?

Does it mean that Jesus was equal to and with God, or not equal to and with God...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And what are you trying to "say" by quoting that scripture...?

God Bless!
Our great Creator is a Servant at heart. He is a Servant to all of His creatures (Psalms 104). He designed the created order for mankind in particular. (Psalms 8:4-6)
This is nowhere portrayed any more clearly and exceptionally except in and through the Person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to God!

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Does it mean "to be comprehended", in that Jesus was equal to God, or that he chose not to be equal to or with God at that time, but lowered himself and took a lower position...? And was not equal with God...?

Does it mean that Jesus was equal to and with God, or not equal to and with God...?

God Bless!
By "to be grasped" is meant from Jesus' perspective. It expresses God, the Sons' willingness and eagerness to "let go" of His sublime position and to submit Himself to the humble state of manhood all for love to fallen humanity.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Our great Creator is a Servant at heart. He is a Servant to all of His creatures (Psalms 104). He designed the created order for mankind in particular. (Psalms 8:4-6)
This is nowhere portrayed any more clearly and exceptionally except in and through the Person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to God!
He made it to serve it then...?

How...? And "why" would he do that...?

What would the point or the ultimate goal in his choosing and making it to serve it...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
By "to be grasped" is meant from Jesus' perspective. It expresses God, the Sons' willingness and eagerness to "let go" of His sublime position and to submit Himself to the humble state of manhood all for love to fallen humanity.
So, does it mean that Jesus was equal to and with God, or not equal to and with God...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Neogaia, it is said that God is both transcendent and immanent (IOW, He exists both outside and within space/time). In the former, because He created space/time and therefore, by necessity, exists both before it and outside of it, and in the latter, because He chooses to :amen:

And we know that there is but one God and Savior, and that there will never be Another.

Deuteronomy 6
4 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!"

Isaiah 43
10b "Before Me there was no God formed,
And there will be none after Me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD,
And there is no savior besides Me".

Isaiah 45
5 “I am the LORD, and there is no other;
Besides Me there is no God".

Yours and His,
David

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi Neogaia, it is said that God is both transcendent and immanent (IOW, He exists both outside and within space/time). In the former, because He created space/time and therefore, by necessity, exists both before it and outside of it, and in the latter, because He chooses to :amen:

And we know that there is but one God and Savior, and that there will never be another.

Deuteronomy 6
4 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!"

Isaiah 43
10b "Before Me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD,
And there is no savior besides Me".

Isaiah 45
5 “I am the LORD, and there is no other;
Besides Me there is no God".

Yours and His,
David
it is said that God is both transcendent and immanent (IOW, He exists both outside and within space/time). In the former, because He created space/time and therefore, by necessity, exists both before it and outside of it, and in the latter,

How does that work...? I seek to understand it, to comprehend it, to know it...?

Can you help with that...?

Does it have something to do with the trinity or the triune nature of God, or is somehow what makes the trinity necessary...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He made it to serve it then...?

How...? And "why" would he do that...?

What would the point or the ultimate goal in his choosing and making it to serve it...?

God Bless!
It is in His nature.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's a very big question. I believe the universe is a finite structure. Humans physically are finite. Yet we are given a soul and spirit that extends to the source of all things. So as finite beings in a finite universe, we know because of God's word that we have been given free will, as a result we are creatures with the ability to be independent of God while still claiming him as our source of all things. Thus we have a relationship with our source.

As for how He interacts with us, since He knows everything, one might think he would only make interactions with us if it benefits His Kingdom. In the Garden of Eden He had a personal relationship with Adam and Eve and it was a perfect world and all creatures lived in harmony and all the Earth was at peace. Obviously, from the fall of man until redemption, just read the bible. However God would interact with creatures in a Garden of Eden like state is what I'm assuming you are asking.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is in His nature.
"why" would he do that...?

How does that work...? I seek to understand it, to comprehend it, to know it...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That's a very big question. I believe the universe is a finite structure. Humans physically are finite. Yet we are given a soul and spirit that extends to the source of all things. So as finite beings in a finite universe, we know because of God's word that we have been given free will, as a result we are creatures with the ability to be independent of God while still claiming him as our source of all things. Thus we have a relationship with our source.

As for how He interacts with us, since He knows everything, one might think he would only make interactions with us if it benefits His Kingdom. In the Garden of Eden He had a personal relationship with Adam and Eve and it was a perfect world and all creatures lived in harmony and all the Earth was at peace. Obviously, from the fall of man until redemption, just read the bible. However God would interact with creatures in a Garden of Eden like state is what I'm assuming you are asking.
I don't think we really have free will, but...

God would have known and made it to fall, and would have known all about that from the moment of making it and everything, and the very end results of it and all of that, from the moment of making it all (for example) from the beginning, to it's ending...

Does it or understanding it, have something to do with the trinity, or is what made or makes the trinity necessary...? Did it take one member of the trinity to limit himself in some ways, and then/when and in coming down to us, enough ways for us to know him and them, and then be God to us...? And that's what might have made the trinity necessary...?

And if so, how does that work...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So, does it mean that Jesus was equal to and with God, or not equal to and with God...?

God Bless!
"He did not consider equality with God a thing to be grasped"
In other words, Although God the Son shared equality with God the Father, He was willing to become a man, and thereby released His grasp on His exalted state in glory

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"He did not consider equality with God a thing to be grasped"
In other words, Although God the Son shared equality with God the Father, He was willing to become a man, and thereby released His grasp on His exalted state in glory
Even YHWH seems to not be as great as this God I am talking about here, and it seems as if Christ was not either...?

Am I wrong in that...? And, if I am right in that/this, then "why" is that (that they (YHWH and Christ) seem to be "less" than this God I am talking about here)...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
it is said that God is both transcendent and immanent (IOW, He exists both outside and within space/time). In the former, because He created space/time and therefore, by necessity, exists both before it and outside of it, and in the latter,

Does it have something to do with the trinity or the triune nature of God, or is somehow what makes the trinity necessary...?

God Bless!
Hi again Neogaia, I'm pretty certain that we will never be able to fully comprehend some of the things of God, like His Omnipresence (which includes both space and time, IOW, 100% of Him is in every place and at every time at the same time) and the Trinity .. at least not on this side of Glory anyway.

We hold them both to be true however because they are what the Bible teaches us about Him.

--David

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"why" would he do that...?

God Bless!
Why He would do that is because it is in His nature. God only gives by definition. This is the nature of Agapae.

By analogy He is the light and only light, the light is the life of men. There is no darkness in Him.

God cannot by definition do anything other than serve more light to that light that He has already projected.

In this respect it is only created beings that can give and recieve.

The Almighty only gives.

So the closer we are to Him the more we give out of what we recieve from Him until we we become like Him and only give (serve) to those around us, and only recieve from His source of life and light.

Jesus demonstrated to us the closest that mortal man will ever come to this level of service.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even YHWH seems to not be as great as this God I am talking about here, and it seems as if Christ was not either...?

Am I wrong in that...? And, if I am right in that/this, then "why" is that (that they (YHWH and Christ) seem to be "less" than this God I am talking about here)...?

God Bless!

Maybe it's not a question of being "less" rather being another part of the One. Take yourself for example is your physical body any "less" than your mind? Is your mind any "less" than your spirit? No they are just different parts of you as a whole.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0